Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things You’ve Discovered In Seasons

Comments

• ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    sorrypoet wrote: »
    I'm just curious as to how Sims react to this.. I have some CC that was made before Seasons came out, so they're neither hot or cold weather. What would happen if I put them in it for their cold/hot weather outfits? Would they still get negative buffs?

Unless you're able to see the CC item in question when your game filters by hot/cold weather, they seem to still have the negative buffs. I haven't really explored yet, but I have yet to see CC made before Seasons came out that is able to be filtered through hot or cold weather; all of mine seem to just be regular clothing items. :(
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    when you select an item to be worn in hot or cold weather (by removing all filters), it should then count as that type of clothing for that specific sim. even cc. meaning, you could dress a sim in a bikini for their cold weather outfit and they'd be all warm and toasty out in the cold (except blizzards, of course). and have a sim set to have the ski pants and a thick winter jacket as their hot weather outfit and be perfectly fine during the summer (unless in a heat wave, of course)

i don't have any cc clothing, myself, but have done this with various outfits in the game and believe the gurus have said that it should work the same way for cc clothing, since they tried to make the pack as cc friendly as possible
  • sirsir Posts: 19 Member
    I like having Seasons and the extra activities. Gardening is more challenging because of planting seasons but I can live with it. Like the thermostat and that the Sims seem very cognizant of the temperature and react accordingly. AC still on when temperature begin to drop my Sims let me know by complaining its morgue like. Temperatures rise my sims let me know they luv their AC by getting a happy moodlet and giving a sigh of relief (figuratively). Like some of the holidays - Christmas, New Years, Love Day. Try to take advantage of Rebate Day, completely ignore Neighborhood Brawl, ect. Father Holiday or whatever he's called is a complete waste - no more than a townie who calls the hospital for home visits in my game. Would rather have a Santa Claus who only shows up in the game at your Sims home in the middle of the night (3am?) on Christmas eve to do a belly laugh and drop if pile of gifts (free so even broke Sims can be visited by him). Leaving him cookies and milk is optional. I'm neutral about the gnomes dropping in (might have been more amusing if they were dressed as elves).

Fall -
    I really hate the Leaf Piles as I find them very annoying not fun. Wish they were player removable or there was an option to turn them off completely. What is the point of having to burn them more than once (?) and that they get stinky and attract flies is a nuisance. And they depress the neat Sims passing or living nearby.

Winter -
    Luv the winter visuals (snow frozen lakes, bizzards, etc) and also that they gave us a variety of several different snowmen. My Sims get a lot of fun doing this and toddlers can do this with their parents,

Wish Sims automatically changed from their winter outerwear once inside their house without being prompted to change outfit.

Disappointed that they didn't come up with a new Toddler play in snow animation (looks like they recycled splash in toilet--lame). Thought Tods would at least be able to make snow angels.

Summer -
    Swimming in the pool has improved (yay!) The toddlers should be able to use the wading pool without being put into it. My Sims haven't gotten sunburned or dropped from the heat yet and they do love their AC.

Spring -
    Very nice so far. Other than planting an flowers and fauna everywhere have not seen a real difference yet,

Overall, a good expansion pack.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    This is probably astoundingly obvious to everyone else but when returning to a save file after installing Seasons for the first time if you last saved on a Saturday in game then whatever season you choose to start with will only last for one day as new seasons always start on a Sunday due to the Calendar feature.
    This caused a bit of confusion in our house when my daughter started with Winter only for it to promptly change to Spring even though I insisted that I'd been able to play through the season I had started with.
    iscQh5U.png
  • sorrypoetsorrypoet Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="kalaksed;c-16664178"]when you select an item to be worn in hot or cold weather (by removing all filters), it should then count as that type of clothing for that specific sim. even cc. meaning, you could dress a sim in a bikini for their cold weather outfit and they'd be all warm and toasty out in the cold (except blizzards, of course). and have a sim set to have the ski pants and a thick winter jacket as their hot weather outfit and be perfectly fine during the summer (unless in a heat wave, of course)

i don't have any cc clothing, myself, but have done this with various outfits in the game and believe the gurus have said that it should work the same way for cc clothing, since they tried to make the pack as cc friendly as possible[/quote]

That's actually so cool (and so thoughtful of the gurus!) A lot of games don't like when you modify their things. It's nice that the Sims team recognizes the hard work put into custom content and mods. Some of these creators are doing as nearly as much work as the actual developers when it comes to making actual game mods. (I believe there was a seasons mod before it actually came out as a pack. That's a huge effort tbh!)
  • Blueyed_babe10194Blueyed_babe10194 Posts: 17 Member
    Toddlers can play outside in the snow and receive a playful moodlet from if :)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    This is a bug, and I've reported it as such, but it turned into a bit of a kerfuffle for my Sims.

If I try to read a toddler to sleep during a thunderstorm, the kid will get in bed, then immediately jump out to 'run inside'. Meanwhile, the mother sits on the bed to start reading the story and waits for the kid to get back in bed, which she can't, because the mother is sitting on the bed. So, I cancel the whole thing and try 'read to sleep' again, but the kid won't get in bed.

Fine, I think, no story for you. I had the mother pick up the book she'd dropped next to the bed and sent the toddler to bed. Peace, at last. Or not. Toddler wakes up after a nightmare and wakes up her mother. Mother tries to comfort the kid, but she's not having any of it. The kid can't go back to bed because she's 'sad' over her nightmare. I sent the mother back to bed and the toddler into the hall and figured the little monster could just nap on the floor. (She's got the 'fussy' trait - I'm trying to get a Sim kid to grow up with the 'no emotional control' trait.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • AnimusSnowfoxxAnimusSnowfoxx Posts: 9 New Member
    @invisiblgirl that's pretty funny. I guess the Toddler just doesn't deserve any books whatsoever during storms xD
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I didn't realize that sims could send thank you cards during Harvestfest. I was having my sim pay her bills at the mailbox and noticed the option "send thank you card." When I clicked it, there was a menu of sims she knew that she could send the card to. Once she did that, the "thankful spirit" tradition was fulfilled.
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I just discovered it’s possible to make snow angels wearing EVERYDAY clothes and not even get a chilled moodlet... even though you’re literally LYING IN THE SNOW and it’s cold enough out that some random townie is currently freezing to death just from wandering by.

I’ve yet to figure out how this temperature system works (I’ve seen 3 townies die in a single week and a couple others run around shirtless (one guy was wearing nothing but a towel) with no ill effects), but I found that pretty funny.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
    with the sims that are immune to temperature, they may very well actually be immune to the temperature. or just immune to dying. some specific sims or outfits naturally have a hidden buff that makes them immune to temperatures (vampires have this, and the scout and butler outfits seem to carry it as well, at least for townies). then there are the sims that just aren't allowed to die, so they wouldn't care about the weather at all either, really

here's a screenshot of a handful of hidden buffs on one of my vampires, just to show the name of the buff/moodlet that we never actually see:
    f92dc094458e246acc5920b1aeaa060d.png

i shared a bit more than just that one line both to make the image larger and to show that it is indeed from a vampire

the following is a hidden trait given to the 'weirdo' characters (the sims who dress oddly and hang out being...well, just weird... in san myshuno):
    8cc6fb2dc4b09972c469fdc2ee1bc36f.png
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I didn't realize that sims could send thank you cards during Harvestfest. I was having my sim pay her bills at the mailbox and noticed the option "send thank you card." When I clicked it, there was a menu of sims she knew that she could send the card to. Once she did that, the "thankful spirit" tradition was fulfilled.

Yes, this is really useful if you have a single mother and toddler, since the 'Be thankful' option isn't available in dialogue with the toddler. (Otherwise, my Sim would have to go out and ::shudder:: meet other Sims.) You might also get gifts in the mail at the holidays from relatives living in other houses.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2018
    Experimental weapons for all!

You can buy simrays with the "buy present" option. :)
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited August 2018
    Lightening when it hits the ground sometimes creates gemstones. If it’s raining in Willow Creek, than it’s most likely raining in Windenburg, Brindleton bay, and New Crest, but not in Myoshuno, at least that has been my experience. Kiddie pools are designated by any adult around. And winter seems long even in Sims.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited August 2018
    Gnomes can invade and multiply
    tumblr_pe2h78KIz91qeetfeo1_1280.png
    My Sim appeased a couple of gnomes, and they had red flamed, she apologised to them, one has a gold ring and the other had a flame. After an hour the Gnomes started to multiply around the old TV and the one with the flame broke the TV.
    My Sim went to investigate, she apologised to the gnome and it struck her with a bolt of lightning. more Gnomes appeared, she wanted to hand fruit to them, they disregarded her with bolt of lightning. She ignored them and carried on having lunch. The gnomes kept moving and multiplying. The Sim decided that was enough and she began to kick the gnomes, one by one. tumblr_pe2h78KIz91qeetfeo2_1280.png

After they had been destroyed she found plenty of seeds, gifts and items that enabled her to send to the labs for further testing. Although she hated kicking the gnomes they left her with presents, she can use.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    This is a bug, and I've reported it as such, but it turned into a bit of a kerfuffle for my Sims.

If I try to read a toddler to sleep during a thunderstorm, the kid will get in bed, then immediately jump out to 'run inside'. Meanwhile, the mother sits on the bed to start reading the story and waits for the kid to get back in bed, which she can't, because the mother is sitting on the bed. So, I cancel the whole thing and try 'read to sleep' again, but the kid won't get in bed.

Fine, I think, no story for you. I had the mother pick up the book she'd dropped next to the bed and sent the toddler to bed. Peace, at last. Or not. Toddler wakes up after a nightmare and wakes up her mother. Mother tries to comfort the kid, but she's not having any of it. The kid can't go back to bed because she's 'sad' over her nightmare. I sent the mother back to bed and the toddler into the hall and figured the little monster could just nap on the floor. (She's got the 'fussy' trait - I'm trying to get a Sim kid to grow up with the 'no emotional control' trait.)

Put the Coolala (spelling?) the Protector nightlight next to the toddler's bed. This should fix the problem.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
    So I found out that if you set the seasons to 14 days, it stops the constant spawning of useless, undeletable holidays every day. This has been a huge improvement to the game for me.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
    edited September 2018
    wrenstales wrote: »
    Gnomes can invade and multiply
    tumblr_pe2h78KIz91qeetfeo1_1280.png
    My Sim appeased a couple of gnomes, and they had red flamed, she apologised to them, one has a gold ring and the other had a flame. After an hour the Gnomes started to multiply around the old TV and the one with the flame broke the TV.
    My Sim went to investigate, she apologised to the gnome and it struck her with a bolt of lightning. more Gnomes appeared, she wanted to hand fruit to them, they disregarded her with bolt of lightning. She ignored them and carried on having lunch. The gnomes kept moving and multiplying. The Sim decided that was enough and she began to kick the gnomes, one by one. tumblr_pe2h78KIz91qeetfeo2_1280.png

After they had been destroyed she found plenty of seeds, gifts and items that enabled her to send to the labs for further testing. Although she hated kicking the gnomes they left her with presents, she can use.

I had the same thing happen to the Cunninghams in my 1950s neighborhood. Richie was more than happy to kill all the gnomes. >:)

qBhXpx.png
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    So I found out that if you set the seasons to 14 days, it stops the constant spawning of useless, undeletable holidays every day. This has been a huge improvement to the game for me.

Holidays are undeletable if they are in progress. If you go to the calendar before the holiday starts, you can delete it. Surprise holidays appear in the calendar few days before it starts.
    I think the game tries to put at least one surprise holiday in one season. As 14 days are long enough, you can more easily delete surprise holidays if they pop up.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Child sims become energised on Xmas Eve as they are excited about opening gifts the next day.
    edited September 2018
    things have kept me away from much active simming of late, but i finally spent a day at it again, just in time for two of my created holidays (spooky day and day of the dead, back to back days)

double checked a few things while at this, and here's a shot showing the temperature immune moodlet townie scouts get from wearing their scout uniform (sadly, played sims don't seem to get the same moodlet when wearing the uniform)
    60d70a6b0e892dc4b74494d7d527c845.png

the good news is that costumes worn for the 'wear costumes' tradition give played sims that hidden moodlet. so they won't freeze or overheat on their spooky day

and, when evening fell on spooky day, ghost sims started doing walkbys (well...floatbys...) of the lot i'm playing in. looks to be because of 'remembrance' tradition for my day of the dead, since they're still passing by around noon the next day. was nice to see ghosts out and about. it's a rarity unless ghost night at the bar, a commercial lot has the haunted trait, or they somehow got get to work careers (i did love my ghost doctors whenever sims had to give birth)

last up, i learned the hard way that with the 'trick or treat' tradition, you do not want to put a table with the spooky candy bowl outside on the porch. the trick or treaters will come up, grab a treat (and get frightened, of course), then go home. without giving your sims a chance to interact with them to do 'trick!' or 'treat!' to complete that tradition. only had three children show up the entire night, missed them all because of the bowl

also, for my four traditions for spooky day (trick or treat, spooky spirit, wear costumes, decorate), teens absolutely love the first three, neat sims love the last. the day of the dead ones are similar (spooky spirit, thankful spirit, remembrance and festive lighting. the latter intended to be lighting memorial/remembrance candles for friends/family). good sims love 'thankful spirit'

and 'listen to spooky' on the radio counts for spooky spirit tradition, even though it's not listed as an option for it (it does take two listens, though. so cancel the interaction then make them listen again)

edited to add a bit learned about the 'remembrance' tradition.

i sent my currently played family (the fyres, from windenberg) to my graveyard in willow creek to work on the tradition. and noticed that the available interactions per urn/tombstone vary depending on if the item was cheated in, the sim it's in remembrance of was culled long ago, or the sim is more recent or a ghost. this isn't exactly related to the tradition, but a general thing. but figured it should go here, anyway

cheated in urn (i use them as placeholders until a sim that can replace them dies. like the one in this picture will eventually be replaced with a female selvadoradian urn)
    594a9eb8e08aa5adc1caf69aff374c29.jpg

this (alien) tombstone belongs to a sim that was culled quite a while ago
    27233cbaa12efce696ecd0929e5d438f.png

and, this tombstone belongs to a ghost that is still wandering around. (in fact, he's in the bar downstairs, having a drink with the local vampires). seems the latter is the only type that will fulfill the tradition. as will talking with ghosts, in general
    41e2f6dfd39532e1ce229c9b08f38a00.png

as for the tradition itself, mourning instantly completes the tradition, at the cost of the sad moodlet. leaving sugar skull offerings, though it has the symbol for the holiday, seems to do nothing for the tradition, even on multiple attempts (we'll see if getting a sugar skull will count later). just meeting a ghost is enough to check the tradition off
    Post edited by kalaksed on
  • caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
    My sim was struck by lightning twice in 2 hours then went to the pool with her love interest and struck the pool with lightning, no sim was harmed, sadly. (this was the first ever time I played with seasons too, the day it came out, but I just found this forum soooooo)
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I did not know we could do this :o
    DkfVgVj.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Oh oh oh!
    Simlish versions of Walking On Sunshine and (more importantly) School's Out!!!

Alice Cooper In Simlish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3>:)<3>:)<3>:)<3>:)<3>:)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • LilyParkerLilyParker Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for taking the time to post what you've learned in seasons. I learned a lot! I'm having an issue with gardening in the spring, but I'm going to post it separately. If anyone is able to help, I'd much appreciate it.
    Post edited by LilyParker on
    Currently blogging about The Island Challenge on Lily Parker's Sims Challenges (WordPress).
    Abandoned Kids Challenge
    and Toddler Mania Challenge stories are complete.