Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occult Sims

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I'm fine with the number we have. I mean, eventually you reach a point where you're creating a completely different type of game.

You mean like Magic Town's all new townies who were almost all some sort of (occult looking) Sim? They need to add some ghouls like those who sell you the green goulash. :D But then again TS4's townies and how they dress at random sure makes up for any lack of weird outfits an occult Sim might pick.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What's easier and smarter from a profit perspective, is to keep it the way it has been in past versions so individual players can decide which packs they want in their own game. Not forced to buy standalone packs that can't interact with the main game. I want my occults to live among and interact with "normal" sims in my game, maybe out in the open or hidden behind the scene a la Harry Potter.

Got 1 pack in 4 years, the way they make packs are bias as day.
    Alien is half baked, plantsims is a buff a buff like skeleton is a debuff!, can't even create ghost in cas 4 years later yet they force a weather attire in cas.
    Many of the packs are questionable like laundry day(who wants to do it virtual?) This is why the sims 4 flop because of bad decisions.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I'm fine with the number we have. I mean, eventually you reach a point where you're creating a completely different type of game.
    Alien is half baked, plantsims is a buff a buff like skeleton is a debuff!, can't even create ghost in cas 4 years later yet they force a weather attire in cas.
    Many of the packs are questionable like laundry day(who wants to do it virtual?) This is why the sims 4 flop because of bad decisions.

Obviously, everyone plays differently. No two players play the same. Just because you don't want werewolves, or say, laundry, in a pack doesn't mean other players don't. Part of this game is waiting for whatever your thing is even when others get what they want first. And Supernatural stuff brings a huge amount of players in. Taking the supernaturals out of the Sims, or vice versa, makes it lose some of its charm. Personally, I want both. Witches washing clothes, Werewolves taking their cats to the vet, Vampires sucking on the necks of the cities homeless population... Ok, took it a bit too far, sorryboutthat.
    But I love the game because it is my prerogative to do that if I want.

And frankly, EA would probably lose money between the number of players leaving from them being separated and the cost to make it.

You just have to wait your turn for whatever you really want like everyone else, unfortunately.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    Werewolves taking their cats to the vet
    They should also take themselves to the vet.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    What's easier and smarter from a profit perspective, is to keep it the way it has been in past versions so individual players can decide which packs they want in their own game. Not forced to buy standalone packs that can't interact with the main game. I want my occults to live among and interact with "normal" sims in my game, maybe out in the open or hidden behind the scene a la Harry Potter.

I do like the "hidden magic" aspect of Harry Potter. It allows us to imagine it is actually real.
    However, it has a downside: It never properly explains why it all has to be hidden away. That and the unexplored implications of that makes it hard to enjoy for many people.
    Sims has so far not attempted to even answer the question if the existence of the paranormal is publically known or a secret, with evidence towards both answers. This May be a good thing, as Players can think of their own stories and make stuff up that makes sense to them.
  • Options

Obviously, everyone plays differently. No two players play the same. Just because you don't want werewolves, or say, laundry, in a pack doesn't mean other players don't. Part of this game is waiting for whatever your thing is even when others get what they want first. And Supernatural stuff brings a huge amount of players in. Taking the supernaturals out of the Sims, or vice versa, makes it lose some of its charm. Personally, I want both. Witches washing clothes, Werewolves taking their cats to the vet, Vampires sucking on the necks of the cities homeless population... Ok, took it a bit too far, sorryboutthat.

And frankly, EA would probably lose money between the number of players leaving from them being separated and the cost to make it.

You just have to wait your turn for whatever you really want like everyone else, unfortunately.

Except slice of life content is currently overwhelming supernatural themes.
    Yes people play differently but when I look up packs I like it's 1.5 supernatural pack/theme while there are like 15+ slice of life packs.
    It's very obvious bias is put toward one side.

Or maybe I have too much high expectations since the sims 3 seem to make vary a thing.
    I did have 1300+hrs on sims 3 while sims 4 like 100hrs due to imitations
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    The way I see it, they should continue doing occults the way they did with vampires. So far I haven't got all the packs for Sims 4 and I'm ok with that. If you don't want 'em, don't buy the packs.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited August 2018

Hey, laundry won the vote, so there are many players who wanted it :)
    I like laundry in TS3 and TS4, I'd like also vacuum cleaners. I like both realistic and supernatural gameplay, but unfortunately, The Sims 4 lacks both. It has less realism than TS3 (no cars, no rabbit holes where sims go to work to, no cemeteries, etc.) and it still has less occults. Most of the Stuff Packs are too focused on a luxury theme for my taste. I would appreciate more realistic features in SPs while more supernatural things in GPs!
    Post edited by Brinn on
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Brinn wrote: »

Hey, laundry won the vote, so there are many players who wanted it :)
    I like laundry in TS3 and TS4, I'd like also vacuum cleaners. I like both realistic and supernatural gameplay, but unfortunately, The Sims 4 lacks both. It has less realism than TS3 (no cars, no rabbit holes where sims go to work to, no cemeteries, etc.) and it still has less occults. Most of the Stuff Packs are too focused on a luxury theme for my taste. I would appreciate more realistic features in SPs while more supernatural things in GPs!

That is NOT my quote, that is someone else's quote. Please correct your post.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018

First of all the laundry was picked by Simmers themselves - not by any devs decision - so obviously simmers choose to want virtual laundry in their game.

Sims has always had weather attire by the way - always.

Second - the plant Sims also was nothing anyone paid for or had to have - it was part of a free Guru's challenge game - you don't even have to have any in your game at all unless you choose to. I did play the challenge and they are available if I want them - but when I restarted my game I decided I was not all that fond of these plant Sims so they are no longer in my game as I did not add any back in - period.

Skeletons well you can also choose not to have them in your regular game by not putting together the device that gives them to you. Just sell it like all the other artifacts.

The aliens as they have been in every sims game are different - it is rather expected. At least this time we can visit their world for a change if we want - But no one makes you play them. Even if they impregnate a sim - you can send the newborn back to it's home world.

Not getting occults in the game like the past I believe is because lots of simmers always complain that want no part of that part of that forced on them in eps in the Sims games - again the devs listened and stopped it because the occult dislikers don't want them in their game - regardless of the fact the games has ALWAYS had them. To appease us they put Vamps in their own gp so no one who hates occults has to have them unless they buy that pack.

So seems to me all your fellow simmers did choose things this way, and there was no reason to blame the devs as they did not make these decisions. They simply delivered.

Actually Sims 4 has not flopped - there you are very wrong. It is in EA's top 4 selling games . I know I attend the conference calls. It is even being extended for more years than any other sims games as it continues to out perform.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

Oh, I'm sorry! I think I've fixed it.
    It's a shame one can't just quote a certain string from a post on this forum without quoting the whole post...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2018
    Occult as in?
    There are aliens, and there are vampires, and as far as I know and have experienced, there are some form of ghosts. What was there missing as opposed and compared to the latter versions of the game? The beings in TS3 Supernatural? TS2 didn't really have much, either, but I suppose that's why you'd consider it a predecessor too.
    Don’t know about 2 but supernaturals for Sims 3 didn’t just come with the SN pack (aliens, mummies, genies, vampires, robots, mermaids). And all those life states most definitely have much to offer.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Brinn wrote: »

Oh, I'm sorry! I think I've fixed it.
    It's a shame one can't just quote a certain string from a post on this forum without quoting the whole post...

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Except slice of life content is currently overwhelming supernatural themes.
    Yes people play differently but when I look up packs I like it's 1.5 supernatural pack/theme while there are like 15+ slice of life packs.
    It's very obvious bias is put toward one side.

Or maybe I have too much high expectations since the sims 3 seem to make vary a thing.
    I did have 1300+hrs on sims 3 while sims 4 like 100hrs due to imitations

I try not to be biased, but I CERTAINLY agree more occult Sims are due. Especially witches. I have a huge appreciation for them in real life. Whether they are out of Oz or just wiccan... [not comparing the two]

Just trying to make a point. We all want something out of the game and we all have to wait, unfortunately, for the bosses to decide.
  • Options
    Seasons just came out, and I am willing to bet it is going to be the last bit of paid content we get until November or early December.
    And I am willing to bet that this November or early December GP (or EP, although I think it's unlikely) is another Slice of Life thing. Some Education thing. Active School perhaps. Similar to the GTW active careers, but for kids and teens.
    I previously speculated for a Witches GP this September, until someone pointed at the Supernatural Polls on Twitter, and that this means they were in the process of deciding what Occult to do next. Since Witches Won, I expect a Witches GP to be released in summer to Fall 2019.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Seasons just came out, and I am willing to bet it is going to be the last bit of paid content we get until November or early December.
    And I am willing to bet that this November or early December GP (or EP, although I think it's unlikely) is another Slice of Life thing. Some Education thing. Active School perhaps. Similar to the GTW active careers, but for kids and teens.
    I previously speculated for a Witches GP this September, until someone pointed at the Supernatural Polls on Twitter, and that this means they were in the process of deciding what Occult to do next. Since Witches Won, I expect a Witches GP to be released in summer to Fall 2019.

I doubt it for one reason: There will have only been 1 release in 7 months.
    They aren't going to do that. Going half a year with one release and no other news would be dumb on their parts. I bet there will be a release early in the next quarter, maybe even next month. And if the next thing they release is occult, it'll definitely be out before Halloween.
  • Options
    SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited August 2018
    tomchan0 wrote: »
    Zombies were annoying. Leave my dang garden alone.

Totally!
  • Options
    Armilus616 wrote: »

I doubt it for one reason: There will have only been 1 release in 7 months.
    They aren't going to do that. Going half a year with one release and no other news would be dumb on their parts. I bet there will be a release early in the next quarter, maybe even next month. And if the next thing they release is occult, it'll definitely be out before Halloween.

I do admit that I could be wrong. In fact, I have been wrong before. (I predicted that Toddlers would return as paid content, rather than a free update like how they actually came) I would certainly love to be wrong here. I want Witches to be a Thing today rather than tomorrow. I absolutely hate the fact that I could be right, or worse, that there could be no more occults besides temporary buffs like skeletons and plantsims.
    Unfortunately, there is no hint, tease or anything like that to suggest an Occult GP for September or any Pack for that matter.

The Polls on twitter either means nothing, which I highly doubt, which would mean we have no idea if we will ever get a proper occult ever again, or it means that the devs were in a decision process what pack to create now, already decided that they want to repeat what they did with Vampires GP and used that poll to choose an occult.
    Since packs take roughly a year from concept to release, we can look forward to a Witches GP in the second half of 2019.
    For September or October, I personally don't expect more than what we got in August. Some SP at most.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @Writin_Reg
    My main point was a lack of occult and didn't approach the slice of life bias-ism.
    Also those twitter polls were very limited to begin with, I highly doubt anyone would've voted for laundry if there was more options.
    Also EA is doing terrible so going off their sales is a not so good thing.
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg
    My main point was a lack of occult and didn't approach the slice of life bias-ism.
    Also those twitter polls were very limited to begin with, I highly doubt anyone would've voted for laundry if there was more options.
    Also EA is doing terrible so going off their sales is a not so good thing.

You know they didn't do the vote for the community pack over a twitter poll, right? There were quite a few options for what the stuff pack would be about. But also stuff packs are limited.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    There were two polls about a month ish or so ago from SimguruGrant asking which occults we'd like to see in the future. Witches won with Mermaids next and I can't remember the others and how they did.

So, they're definitely thinking about other occults, it's just all about... when ...they finally release them. Just try to hold on a little longer, OP. :3 I am very excited for when they finally release witches, because I agree, we definitely need more!
  • Options
    LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    I would love occult EP, I'm missing witches, allot of people are pagean and a witch sims would be perfect for that :) maybe not realistic for some but for others it would add some realism to the game!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2018
    tomchan0 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why there is a lack of them? Did I miss a memo why this is?
    I really enjoyed this aspect of simming. Does anyone know if there are any rumors of adding more?
    I am saddened by Sims4 version of a Plantsim.

They are no longer a tradition in EP's on TS4. Honestly the community is sitting here, waiting for another occult GP or Magic EP.
    Occult as in?
    There are aliens, and there are vampires, and as far as I know and have experienced, there are some form of ghosts. What was there missing as opposed and compared to the latter versions of the game? The beings in TS3 Supernatural? TS2 didn't really have much, either, but I suppose that's why you'd consider it a predecessor too.

As in a lifestate..... -.-

Yeah TS2 didn't have much, a side from...

Ghosts
    Servos
    Aliens
    Witches
    Vampires
    Werewolves
    Plantsims
    Bigfoot
    Zombies
    Ginnies

Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, the Sims series always had lots of occult-like characters, whether as playable or non-playable characters. Even far back in Sims 1, they had that magic pack with some creatures. Even in Sims 1, the genies and servo robots came in the other expansion packs as well. Sims 2 had playable witches and vampires. (Can’t remember if werewolves were playable in Sims 2?)

^ @Sigzy05 has a good list of the Sims 2 supernatural/occult stuff, and I agree with the rest of the supernatural/occult fans on the fact that the Sims series had quite a lot of the occult/supernatural. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    There were two polls about a month ish or so ago from SimguruGrant asking which occults we'd like to see in the future. Witches won with Mermaids next and I can't remember the others and how they did.

So, they're definitely thinking about other occults, it's just all about... when ...they finally release them. Just try to hold on a little longer, OP. :3 I am very excited for when they finally release witches, because I agree, we definitely need more!

How exactly would mermaids work? We'd need swimmable bodies of water first. Maybe they could roll it all into one pack.