Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Population Tools

Hello fellow simmers!

It just occurred to me today, playing my legacy game that a few more population tools would cut through a lot of trying to figure out who to pair up in the new generations as they age up.

Just a categorization toggle to organize my households by age would be super helpful as I manually update my neighborhoods without real rotations, as I just want progression around the main legacy family.

I'm thinking I'll probably just start playing rotationally or concede to mods at last, but it seemed worth mentioning here, in feedback.

Comments

• Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I would like to be able to edit skills/traits/occupations/relationships of NPCs without having to play them to make towns to my liking. This is especially useful with littleMsSam and reduced townies mods since they allow you to give specific traits to sims you want to be vendors/musicians/waitresses/hosts--all the NPC jobs basically so you don't end up with weirdo sims.
  • Options
    JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
    Do you mean a feature that would allow you to pair up families to create new generations without playing them? Because if that's the case I would use something like that. The townies don't really marry and have kids on their own so you have to consistently add new families to your world or marry the townies. I noticed after ignoring most of the townies in my main game that now 50% of the population is elderly. >_<
  • Options
    TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    @JKaorin yes! That's exactly the sort of tool I'm looking for! I like to see the neighborhood families also grow and develop, but since I've never been much of a rotational player (and play a vanilla game) I end up spending a lot of time visiting around and trying to make notes about who is in the same age group that I could pair up later, and who is at an age now where pairing up to make a new family unit makes sense and so on. I think I have way more young ladies, a lack of population balance, but unless I go and count household by household I can't be sure.
  • Options
    JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
    @TrashDeBlunc I actually do rotational play and I still have this issue. I mean you'd think that townies would go off and have their own relationships and what not, but, in fact, they end up being homebodies and go into elderly age without having families. For now, it's not such a big deal to just plant random families from the gallery but it would add more a more interesting dynamic to see random new families initiated by the townies.