Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack For The Sims 4?

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With three years to go, I'm sure we'll see some old favorites made anew and some new packs never made before.
  • bethanylcorbethanylcor Posts: 1 New Member
    I seriously hope that they bring another world or 2! I loved the beach theme from island paradise and the fact you could build resorts was the best !!!!! That and university life seem to be the most popular ones anyway.
  • Stefanie3399Stefanie3399 Posts: 6 New Member
    Id really like to see more careers, so bored with what we have. Maybe if we get University pack they could offer education career? Or maybe a fashion pack featuring lots of trendy hairstyles and clothes and a clothing or hair stylist career? Barber?
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2018
    I've been doing my best to read between the lines of new content descriptions along with guru tweets. I think that we can almost certainly bet that there is an expansion coming with a winter resort world (hopefully including things such as skiing, snowboarding, *hot chocolate*) etc. Whether or not this would be a game pack or proper expansion I am not sure. But I do believe I have found hints that it could also sport a beach themed resort world as well. Therefore, differentiating from outdoor retreat and jungle adventure in the sense that they are "adventure type" worlds, and this ep would be more about relaxing aka perhaps "Sims 4 Resort Life" or something of the sort. This would make the most sense, and therefore I would heavily expect it to include two worlds, an alpine resort, and a tropical resort." Just my thoughts on it, from info I have gathered.

On a similar note, there is **Overwhelming** evidence in object descriptions in-game that cars are in fact coming. I am never one to engage in speculation, but I found entirely too much evidence. I will post some of this in a follow-up post. Whether or not this would be a free update or a game pack, I could not say. I anticipate it may be a bit of both. They may update the base game to support cars, and patch in a few basic cars, and then in the game pack include a lot more variety, perhaps a form of racing, mechanic career, maybe cars actually break down, etc. Regardless of how they arrive, I have little doubt that they will be here before years end.
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2018
    Here is a full account of my "Cars EP" hint finds.

The first item I found peculiar was the "Meor Myson Towel Rack." I thought this was a sure sign that cars were on the way, but what I found later proved even more obvious. The towel rack seemed very random, although I do see how towels can relate to seasons. The description mentions messes (I think perhaps an allusion to oil spills) and the towel itself is white and sports a black and white checker pattern (alluding to the famous checkered flag used in automobile racing I do believe). Also the name "Meor Myson," breaks apart to "me or my son." Not that I support gender stereotypes but cars have historically been one of those quizzical father-son things. This could also be a nod to Dale and Dale Earnhart Junior, a famous father and son racing duo.

I've also found a bed entitled "Crosshatch delight," possibly referring to hatchback and/or cross-over vehicles.

Now, it got obvious. There is a cornucopia called "The Horn of Plenty," the word horn in the name was already a red flag, but then the description says further "break out the trumpets and toot the horn of plenty,"...toot the horn.

I thought I had reached maximum hint discovery at this point and then TODAY, I discovered another horn reference. There is a decor item named "The Rabit's Hat." It is a sculpture of a party hat and noisemaker the description reads "This is actually a poor Rabit's home that has been turned upside down. Some considerate soul laid down a flower as a sign of respect. No idea what the party horn is for though. horn. horn horn.

Those were the big ones. Additionally, I did find it interesting that they included a candle called "Pine Fresh Candles," quite possibly alluding to the very famous Pine Fresh green tree air freshener in cars. Granted, the object does also make sense in the seasons pack a pine scent is often associated with holidays, however, so are the other objects I've mentioned...and isn't that exactly what they want us to think?

Further Finds.

I found yet another hint. I have little doubt it is approaching at this point. This hint I found is in an object description for a book that came with Seasons. It’s the gardening manual, I discovered it sifting through debug objects. I’ve attached a photo. Looks like the Sims team is putting their “petal to the metal

Regarding the Caribbean update. The ceiling fan description says "Take this contraption for a spin and see how cool it is."

• gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Guys, I was thinking about a Carribean-based EP, considering the free patch that we received a few days ago... It would perfectly fit.
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    The next pack: The sims 4 - Buggy stuff

Featuring more hilarious bugs that we have no idea how they came to be. Enjoy our new attempt to trick you into believing that the game is getting more depth and meaningful gameplay. Since we still can't figure out how to implement lounge chairs we instead added 10 new regular chairs for your sims bumcomforting needs. Please observe that some of the bugs we won't be able to fix but be patient and we might fix 2 of them while trying our very best not to break more stuff. The pack retails for 39.99$.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Out of all packs I want, I imagined these 3 and gave them temporary names.

1. The Sims 4 Leisure Time (Expansion Pack)

I want things like sports, picnic, lounge chair, cars, bicycle, motorcycle, new interactions between children, toddlers or teens, new romantic couple interactions between adults, new toys and games for children, more pool stuff and activities, beach, surfing, skateboards, roller skating, desserts, pastries and more to be included, literally most of the things that are missing now.

At least I want it to be separated in a Pool Day stuff pack, Cars game pack and Beach game pack.

2. The Sims 4 Grand Campus (Expansion Pack)

This is literally the University pack everyone asked for, with more diversity in courses (at least 15 of it) and active tutorial classes (along with inactive lecturing classes). The whole campus life spends a total 5 weeks of Sims time, whereas the first week is for the foundation, while the following 4 weeks are the 4 semesters of degree. Also, I want it to have a co-curriculum day on Saturday, which is actually social club meetings. There will be cheerleader club, music club, drama club, dance club, science research club and even brotherhood and sisterhood. New stuff like baseball, martial arts, swimming skill, music bands, orchestra, tattoo, face painting, nail painting, laptops, console games, bunk beds, magazines, fast foods and more are introduced.

3. The Sims 4 Fairytales (Game Pack)

I want witches, plant sims, fairies that accomplish someone's wish, spells, charms and blind date to be reintroduced in this one. Might as well adding the zodiac system which is influenced by the sims' birth date, and also makes impact on the sims' personality and fortune of a day. A flowery, magical and earthy theme of objects could be introduced in this one too. However, I'm not certain about how would the popular Werewolves fit in this pack.

Some other ideas on packs included :

1. The highly demanded Superstar game pack.
    2. Retro stuff pack, which includes something from the previous games in The Sims series.
    3. Tropical themed game pack, either is a tiki/Hawaii-ish stuff pack OR a tropical island vacation game pack, or both in one.
    4. Farm Life expansion pack, which I think is a bit overwhelmed for the game, as it requires a TON more life states (domestic animals).
    5. A forest theme game pack, which includes woody stuff, moon phase, bigfoots and werewolves.
    6. Oriental (Asian) stuff pack or vacation game pack.
    7. Egyptian or Middle East stuff pack.
  • Noris007Noris007 Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="DreamCytcher;c-16684441"]Out of all packs I want, I imagined these 3 and gave them temporary names.

1. The Sims 4 Leisure Time (Expansion Pack)

I want things like sports, picnic, lounge chair, cars, bicycle, motorcycle, new interactions between children, toddlers or teens, new romantic couple interactions between adults, new toys and games for children, more pool stuff and activities, beach, surfing, skateboards, roller skating, desserts, pastries and more to be included, literally most of the things that are missing now.

At least I want it to be separated in a Pool Day stuff pack, Cars game pack and Beach game pack.

2. The Sims 4 Grand Campus (Expansion Pack)

This is literally the University pack everyone asked for, with more diversity in courses (at least 15 of it) and active tutorial classes (along with inactive lecturing classes). The whole campus life spends a total 5 weeks of Sims time, whereas the first week is for the foundation, while the following 4 weeks are the 4 semesters of degree. Also, I want it to have a co-curriculum day on Saturday, which is actually social club meetings. There will be cheerleader club, music club, drama club, dance club, science research club and even brotherhood and sisterhood. New stuff like baseball, martial arts, swimming skill, music bands, orchestra, tattoo, face painting, nail painting, laptops, console games, bunk beds, magazines, fast foods and more are introduced.

3. The Sims 4 Fairytales (Game Pack)

I want witches, plant sims, fairies that accomplish someone's wish, spells, charms and blind date to be reintroduced in this one. Might as well adding the zodiac system which is influenced by the sims' birth date, and also makes impact on the sims' personality and fortune of a day. A flowery, magical and earthy theme of objects could be introduced in this one too. However, I'm not certain about how would the popular Werewolves fit in this pack.

Some other ideas on packs included :

1. The highly demanded Superstar game pack.
    2. Retro stuff pack, which includes something from the previous games in The Sims series.
    3. Tropical themed game pack, either is a tiki/Hawaii-ish stuff pack OR a tropical island vacation game pack, or both in one.
    4. Farm Life expansion pack, which I think is a bit overwhelmed for the game, as it requires a TON more life states (domestic animals).
    5. A forest theme game pack, which includes woody stuff, moon phase, bigfoots and werewolves.
    6. Oriental (Asian) stuff pack or vacation game pack.
    7. Egyptian or Middle East stuff pack.[/quote]

Leisure Time is a must have for me!

Toddlers and Children

-Tag
    -Catch ball
    -Hopscotch
    -Hula Hoop
    -Jump rope
    -Imaginative play (i.g Cops and robbers, Save the Princess Dragon, Pirate find treasure...)
    -Mary Mack
    -Tea party, kitchen set, and tool bench
    -Baby and Barbie dolls
    -Clay/play dogh

For toddlers

-Interactive toy instruments
    -A little basketball hoop set
    -Tricycle
    -

Elders

Sewing
    Knitting
    Crocheting
    Photography
    Scrapbooking
    Making greeting cards
    Sponge painting stationary
    Woodworking projects such as building birdhouses or making clocks
    Making foam magnets
    Flower arranging
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Here is a full account of my "Cars EP" hint finds.

The first item I found peculiar was the "Meor Myson Towel Rack." I thought this was a sure sign that cars were on the way, but what I found later proved even more obvious. The towel rack seemed very random, although I do see how towels can relate to seasons. The description mentions messes (I think perhaps an allusion to oil spills) and the towel itself is white and sports a black and white checker pattern (alluding to the famous checkered flag used in automobile racing I do believe). Also the name "Meor Myson," breaks apart to "me or my son." Not that I support gender stereotypes but cars have historically been one of those quizzical father-son things. This could also be a nod to Dale and Dale Earnhart Junior, a famous father and son racing duo.

I've also found a bed entitled "Crosshatch delight," possibly referring to hatchback and/or cross-over vehicles.

Now, it got obvious. There is a cornucopia called "The Horn of Plenty," the word horn in the name was already a red flag, but then the description says further "break out the trumpets and toot the horn of plenty,"...toot the horn.

I thought I had reached maximum hint discovery at this point and then TODAY, I discovered another horn reference. There is a decor item named "The Rabit's Hat." It is a sculpture of a party hat and noisemaker the description reads "This is actually a poor Rabit's home that has been turned upside down. Some considerate soul laid down a flower as a sign of respect. No idea what the party horn is for though. horn. horn horn.

Those were the big ones. Additionally, I did find it interesting that they included a candle called "Pine Fresh Candles," quite possibly alluding to the very famous Pine Fresh green tree air freshener in cars. Granted, the object does also make sense in the seasons pack a pine scent is often associated with holidays, however, so are the other objects I've mentioned...and isn't that exactly what they want us to think?

Further Finds.

I found yet another hint. I have little doubt it is approaching at this point. This hint I found is in an object description for a book that came with Seasons. It’s the gardening manual, I discovered it sifting through debug objects. I’ve attached a photo. Looks like the Sims team is putting their “petal to the metal

Regarding the Caribbean update. The ceiling fan description says "Take this contraption for a spin and see how cool it is."

It will be awesome if we could have cars...just that I'm wondering how are they going to connect to lots that is on an island, in the city, for example.. I'm sure if car/transportation is one of the next pack...it will change the game play entirely...

About the hint, I completed the Friend of Animals aspiration recently. So, I can talk to my pets. Most of the talk involves cars...(speech bubble with red car) I'm not sure if it's exist before, but it is my first attempt to complete the aspiration and wonder, why do my pets like to talk about cars...maybe, maybe they just want to travel?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • cadorno12cadorno12 Posts: 61 Member
    I think the next will be a game pack like jungle adventure but, Caribbean themed. Due to the last update we got of Caribbean themed stuff. Also, due to the fact that all sims game had 3 vacation locations. As of now there are 2... I hope so. I miss getting a tan on the beach!
    Petal= flower
    Pedal=car
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Petal= flower
    Pedal=car

True, but could be a play on words.
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    cadorno12 wrote: »
    I think the next will be a game pack like jungle adventure but, Caribbean themed. Due to the last update we got of Caribbean themed stuff. Also, due to the fact that all sims game had 3 vacation locations. As of now there are 2... I hope so. I miss getting a tan on the beach!

This would be really cool. and you’re probably right - we already have different climates with Seasons now, all that’s really missing is beaches.

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Petal= flower
    Pedal=car

True, but could be a play on words.

If I had nothing better to do, I could read through every description of every object and pull out lots of words that fit into ideas for packs that I want too. That's not a hint. That just the English language having more that one use for a lot of words. What does a cornucopia have to do with cars other than being able to use the word HORN in the description?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited August 2018
    An educational pack that includes university and active education career.

Fingers crossed the pack includes an open day care with career and an active play for grade school and high school for child and teen Sims.

As well as hopes for a pre-teen and middle school to be added.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Precious1967Precious1967 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to see:
    Sims being able to drive
    Schools/Universities - Graduation
    Beaches for Vacation
    Different Mode of Transportation
    Able to buy from Grocery Stores/Herbs, Spices and Fruits and Vegetables and Meats besides growing them
    More Conversations and more Romantic Gestures
  • Precious1967Precious1967 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to see Parents going on Vacation without Children
    Teenagers and Above having Date Nights
    Music put in right folders besides Alternative
    Music you add played at the Clubs/Bars
    Sims being able to sing the music you add but in Sim form (automatically)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I suspect uni or an education themed pack may be the next EP
    sikasika18 wrote: »
    The next pack: The sims 4 - Buggy stuff

Featuring more hilarious bugs that we have no idea how they came to be. Enjoy our new attempt to trick you into believing that the game is getting more depth and meaningful gameplay. Since we still can't figure out how to implement lounge chairs we instead added 10 new regular chairs for your sims bumcomforting needs. Please observe that some of the bugs we won't be able to fix but be patient and we might fix 2 of them while trying our very best not to break more stuff. The pack retails for 39.99$.
    HA!

Whatever the next pack is, I'm pretty sure bugs will be a feature.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • valexxtinavalexxtina Posts: 66 Member
    I think it might be a farm one or a University pack. However I want a farm pack and the Create a world tool SO BAD .
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I honestly thought we'd be getting a University EP, but I could see us getting some kind of travel or Beach/Island EP instead. Though late 2018 would be an odd time for that kind of pack. It's probably university.

The only one I can't see it being is Farming since they're asking questions about that recently, which means 2019 if not later.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • RiyokiRiyoki Posts: 4 New Member
    We should have sims supernatural. With amulets for protection, alters to celebrate various gods/goddess which offers a random set of fortune to miss fourtunes a day. Summoning circles to summon spirits; genies; demons; and cupids. Spirits inflict damage on another sims job performance. Genies to grant monetary values. Demons to inflict physical pain with unexplained logic like bruises, bite marks, invisible sex, broken arms or legs, hard pulling the body off of couches and beds, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on close doors in sequences, throwing objects at sims. Cupids to manipulate love of random strangers into stalking another sim at the summoners wishes or breaking up couples for the fun of it and breaking up marriages. Paranormal investigators with the ability to fight off spirits and demons(can only trap demons in a dybbok).
    Possed Dolls where spirits can leave bloody messages on the walls and floors of the house the sim their haunting lives in.
    And Sims can only see if their haunted by a demon is by blessing a mirror. Which can only be donw by a certain skill level of a paranormal investigator.
    And demons can only possess toddlers and children in order to speak to the possessed Sim teenager or adult.