Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Newest patch hinting at beach world?

As you may have already seen on the blog post or livestream, last night we got a free "carribean themed" patch.
Do you guys think it's a hint or a preparation to a beach game pack? It would make sense as a Seasons follow up adding beach activities to the summer. What do you guys think?
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I don't think so. The last game pack we recived was a vacation themed pack and I doubt they will release two themes on a row. Also I think this is just a way to engage more with the community since the community of The Sims was soo diverse
  • Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 27 Member
    I had another idea about vacations. For the devs mostly combined known features with new ones for Sims 4 I thought: What about vacation on a cruise ship? Like in RL the Sims could have food (i. e. long buffet tables), fun (i. e. slot mashines) and entertainment (i. e. stages with shows, bands or magicians...). And instead of one vacation world they could be different destinations, like sightseeing in Asia or Egypt, diving in the Caribbean and more...
  • Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 27 Member
    And of course deckchairs, finally :)
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    No. If anything, the content in this update seems to have been salvaged from a canceled stuff pack, given the speculation that TS4 stuff packs have come to an end.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd like a cruise ship type vacation, only I'd like something a little more old fashioned.

I'd like a cruise like the one in the Agatha Christie movie "Death On The Nile". A smaller, old fashioned cruise ship with cabins and fine dining and a murder mystery to solve. It could come in a Murder Mystery pack along with another vacation where someone is murdered, The Orient Express. Everything happens on a train as you speed through Europe. And your sim must ask questions and figure out who the murder is before the end of the trip.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2018
    If we have a Vacation Pack I hope it's where beaches are and we get hotels and finally swim and surf and boogie board at the beach. Wow we can't say Va-ca? Really?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Cleo60 wrote: »
    I had another idea about vacations. For the devs mostly combined known features with new ones for Sims 4 I thought: What about vacation on a cruise ship? Like in RL the Sims could have food (i. e. long buffet tables), fun (i. e. slot mashines) and entertainment (i. e. stages with shows, bands or magicians...). And instead of one vacation world they could be different destinations, like sightseeing in Asia or Egypt, diving in the Caribbean and more...

This could be an expansion! As? We would have a cheap and an expensive cruise, if you select the cheap, you are actually selecting to trigger a wreck event. Then the expansion would be Sims 4 Castaway. aaaa
    I want monkeys and tigers like nooooow
  • chiastallonchiastallon Posts: 5 New Member
    A vacation pack with more than one designation to go to like Cleo60 said. I like in sims3 were you were able to choose Egypt, China or France you could mix it up..Sims4 just to have one designation to vacation gets boring, Caribbean they can add swimming, snorkeling etc all the things you can do to have fun diving, then also add 2 more choices of another country if they did that we would be able to choose were we want our sims to go mix it up from time to time and it wouldn't get boring....
  • ami123ami123 Posts: 32 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    If we have a Vacation Pack I hope it's where beaches are and we get hotels and finally swim and surf and boogie board at the beach. Wow we can't say Va-ca? Really?

Yes!!! I'd love a beach vacation version of Outdoor Retreat really. Would also enjoy it if we could run our own hotels too (similar to Island Paradise for TS3)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Cleo60 wrote: »

Yes! Mostly because I am hoping to go on a cruise in the future. My parents went and loved it. Although I'm not sure how it would work without an open world. The houseboats on Sims 3 were an amazing idea but there were so many bugs, and it was near impossible to play them in any world other than the one that came with the specific pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    I've been doing my best to read between the lines of new content descriptions along with guru tweets. I think that we can almost certainly bet that there is an expansion coming with a winter resort world (hopefully including things such as skiing, snowboarding, *hot chocolate*) etc. Whether or not this would be a game pack or proper expansion I am not sure. But I do believe I have found hints that it could also sport a beach themed resort world as well. Therefore, differentiating from outdoor retreat and jungle adventure in the sense that they are "adventure type" worlds, and this ep would be more about relaxing aka perhaps "Sims 4 Resort Life" or something of the sort. This would make the most sense, and therefore I would heavily expect it to include two worlds, an alpine resort, and a tropical resort." Just my thoughts on it, from info I have gathered.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    As you may have already seen on the blog post or livestream, last night we got a free "carribean themed" patch.
    Do you guys think it's a hint or a preparation to a beach game pack? It would make sense as a Seasons follow up adding beach activities to the summer. What do you guys think?

Yes.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    No. If anything, the content in this update seems to have been salvaged from a canceled stuff pack, given the speculation that TS4 stuff packs have come to an end.

I hope this isn't the case. I'm still waiting for a pool stuffpack.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I feel like it was just to release items to appeal to the more diverse community. Super excited about the afro curly hair. I was born in the Caribbean, so I feel really appreciated lol
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

It's certainly got me hankering for a tropical island world, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part. Still, for those of us who have been asking for magic and/or witches with a "different" slant (eg, voodoo, etc), I could imagine a tropical island world going well with a magic/witches game pack.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    The short answer is no.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    The short answer is no.

Why release a Caribbean Update if there is no Caribbean Beach World coming at some point? This stuff screams vacation especially the build mode stuff like the Leaf wallpaper,plant,ceiling fans and sliding doors
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    The short answer is no.

Why release a Caribbean Update if there is no Caribbean Beach World coming at some point? This stuff screams vacation especially the build mode stuff like the Leaf wallpaper,plant,ceiling fans and sliding doors

Yeah, but The day of the dead update didn't bring anything with it. No pscks related to it were released.
    The short answer is no.

Yeah, but The day of the dead update didn't bring anything with it. No pscks related to it were released.

I'd say Spooky Stuff and Vampires helped with Day of the Dead since both have things that can be used with it eg gravestones with fog.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited August 2018
    The Halloween content can't be counted like Holiday Celebration Pack updates.
    They exist because of the calendar.

Generally the content is added before a pack is released, for example :
    • Monster under the bed -> SP07 Kids Room Stuff
    • Glass roofs -> EP05 Seasons

But the content may also be different than the next packs :
    • Nanny NPC doesn't match to SP08 Backyard Stuff but it was developed with Toddler Update.

Just that means Maxis plan to release more Caribbean content maybe or not in a near future.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No, I don't think this means we will see a beach pack soon. I think these items were supposed to be their own individual Stuff Pack, but that they didn't feel like many people would actually buy this Caribbean themed pack, and instead decided to choose a few items and release them in an update for free.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Yeah, but The day of the dead update didn't bring anything with it. No packs related to it were released.

Sure, but the Carribean update isn't a celebration, it's a tropical theme. Day of the dead was like the christmas free update.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Probably not, but I'm still sure that we'll get some sort of beach theme game pack down the road (not too sure what kind of content to expect from that though... it sounds a bit boring).
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    No, I don’t think so, but I’m hoping that we get swimmable oceans, an island or beach world, and mermaids someday in the future (maybe in another year or so). :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    No, I don’t think so, but I’m hoping that we get swimmable oceans, an island or beach world, and mermaids someday in the future (maybe in another year or so). :smile:

Why not this year? We likely have another Gamepack and Expansion before year's end. One of those could be it. The fact that sun tanning and sunburns was left out of Seasons makes me wonder if a Beach Vacation Pack could be around the corner.