Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler high chair mods?

BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
edited January 2018 in General Mods Discussion
Hello! This is my first time since... I believe 2010 or something of the like that I've actually posted something on the forum here but I have a reason.

I've been looking for one specific mod since The sims 4 surprised us with toddlers. I love them and I love having them in my game, but I do have one... slightly HUGE problem that keeps bugging my brains out. HIGH CHAIRS.

I love using highchairs and I love seeing the little tots in them, but I HATE it when, after some time, they start yelling for an adult to come pick them up. I don't want them to summon anyone to come pick them up. Ever. I want to only be able to let them out manually. Why? Well, I don't know. I just don't like my sims doing anything without me telling them to do so and the autonomous "let me out" after some time irritates me so god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 much.

I've been looking everywhere for a mod that removes this completely. I've found mods that extends the time in which the toddler sits in the high chair without wanting to be let out, but that's not what I want. I want it removed completely. I hope I'm being clear enough!

So if anyone knows of any mod like this, please let me know! I'm desperate!
Post edited by Bluelle on

Comments

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't think a mod like that exists, although I wish it did. I've looked everywhere for it too. I've tried using MCCC to turnoff the autonomy for "ask to be let out" on the high chair, but it didn't work. You can also kind of fix it by locking the door for everyone when the toddler is in the high chair. If no adults can get into the room, the toddler won't call for anyone and they will just magically pop out of their high chair. I know this isn't what you want though. I hope someone else can find a better solution.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I've looked at MCCC too but never found anything about the "let me out" automonous action. Also I knew about the locked door thing and that they just pop out of the chair, but like you said, that isn't what I want. You can also shift click and click "reset sim" but that's not what I want either. And turning the in game option of "autonomy off" doesn't help as the toddler STILL calls for an adult after a certain amount of time. I really really hope some mod creator could provide a fix for this. And I'm glad there's someone else that feels the same way I do!
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited February 2018
    I found a mod who help with the high chair problem.
    I let them sit longer in there.
    http://littlemssam.de/longer-sit-in-high-chair/
    Thank you for trying to help me but I know about that mod and I've asked the creator if they know a mod that removes it completely but they don't. You can see in the commentsection that I've asked, my name's Bluelle.
  • AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    I second this. I micromanage my sims hardcore. Autonomy is always off on my selected sim. It's INFURIATING because sometimes I just want to leave my toddler in the high chair with a bowl of cereal while mom cleans the kitchen. I mean, baby is hungry, but they apparently want down EVEN MORE and it's super frustrating because it's like... Just please sit and eat. Toddlers rarely have a say in being let down irl and honestly I've gone through moments where literally I just wanted everyone to sit in the dining room and eat - plates queued up and all - and the toddler just won't give. Everyone else is eating but mom is in a cycle of place toddler>sit down> pick up toddler> set her down> >pick her up> repeat. I've spent three in-game hours trying to break this cycle before. I'm about to make a playpen out of half walls in the dining room for my toddlers.

Do you think posting in the bug board might help at all? Surely toddlers shouldn't have this much say in being let out.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I actually got so frustrated with this very problem that I set my sim's house on fire on purpose (I felt too bad to save though and undid it, but I was REALLY mad! 2 adults and 4 toddlers makes for one musical chair nightmare!).
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Have you looked into Scumbabo's SCAM mod on MTS? Some of it is integrated into MCCC but the full mod feels more in depth. You could try it out, it's pretty easy to use. Just click on the object you want to control autonomy on and see the options. I haven't tried it on a high chair yet but it may be worth checking out?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=602837
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • ipippinipippin Posts: 37 Member
    I don't really bother to mod my toddlers, babies or kids. They just do whatever and if they live, they live. But to sort out the high-chair shenanigans, I just switch to my toddler and repetitively use the friendly 'watch' option. It shuts them up as I get my sims to do jobs round the house.
  • edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    I have given up regarding reporting the highchair bugs. I mean, if the devs just fixed the washing dishes in closer sink bug FOUR years later, I guess the highchair problem will be solved in 2025 when The Sims 6 is already out. I guess that's why they created the tot fence which works wonders with the gate locked up for everyone. Toddlers just scream and cry and poop and pee and sleep (on top of the pee puddle) while the parents are watching Iron Chef. Love it.
    > @edwie22 said:
    > I have given up regarding reporting the highchair bugs. I mean, if the devs just fixed the washing dishes in closer sink bug FOUR years later, I guess the highchair problem will be solved in 2025 when The Sims 6 is already out. I guess that's why they created the tot fence which works wonders with the gate locked up for everyone. Toddlers just scream and cry and poop and pee and sleep (on top of the pee puddle) while the parents are watching Iron Chef. Love it.

Haha, what tot fence? Sounds amazing
    > @AxeEcliptica said:
    > I second this. I micromanage my sims hardcore. Autonomy is always off on my selected sim. It's INFURIATING because sometimes I just want to leave my toddler in the high chair with a bowl of cereal while mom cleans the kitchen. I mean, baby is hungry, but they apparently want down EVEN MORE and it's super frustrating because it's like... Just please sit and eat. Toddlers rarely have a say in being let down irl and honestly I've gone through moments where literally I just wanted everyone to sit in the dining room and eat - plates queued up and all - and the toddler just won't give. Everyone else is eating but mom is in a cycle of place toddler>sit down> pick up toddler> set her down> >pick her up> repeat. I've spent three in-game hours trying to break this cycle before. I'm about to make a playpen out of half walls in the dining room for my toddlers.
    >
    > Do you think posting in the bug board might help at all? Surely toddlers shouldn't have this much say in being let out.

I just don't think it's a bug though. I think it's meant to be that way, which is why I'm looking for mods rather than asking for the Sims 4 developers to fix it. I do agree with you though. I want them to sit there for as long as I want them to. -> I <- decide when to let them out, not the toddler, not the parents and certainly not the autonomy.
  • T-Kaye77T-Kaye77 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes it is so annoying. Not just with the highchair. But toddlers just seem to run their parents. What they want, they get. Even when they make messes all over the house. And i have the parent yell at them not to make a mess constantly. They still do it. There has got to be a better way to discipline the toddlers. They are not supposed to be the bratty lil boss. The parent is supposed to be the boss. So i just came up with my own form of punishment for them when they are being little brats. I lock them outside the fence of my house and make it rain on them and also make them pee themselves til they are all dirty and want baths. It is the only way that changes their lil attitudes from angry to sad and miserable. Lesson learned. When i let them back inside and clean them up. They seem alot better for at least awhile. I also made a timeout room. Where all they have is a chair. And only one parent can let them out when i allow it. That seems to work for awhile also. I lock everyone out but the one parent. But if the toddler keeps calling for them to be let out of the room. Then i won't even allow the parent who punished them in the room. It seems to work for awhile at least. But yeah. They just need to be able to be properly punished. It does make them learn that attitudes won't get them anywhere. I like playing the toddlers. But it irritates me that you can't really discipline them. Or make them stay in a highchair until you are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ready to let them out. But the less mess mod is great. For the toddlers. Not for the tweens. They still constantly make messes reguardless of the less mess mod. So i usually just lock them out of my house until i'm ready to age them up to teens. Sorry. But the mess making really drives me nuts. So tweens live outside til i age them to teens.
  • awesomesauce2005kkawesomesauce2005kk Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I know this was a few years ago but PandaSama made a mod that locks the highchair so sims cant take them out until you unlock it.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/high-chair-lock-60030177?epik=dj0yJnU9UzRrNXhmMHp6bVo0WnB2QXo2ZG1GWXJGMmV1MzBOQjQmcD0wJm49ZGV1Q2RUUjRLSHdhSzVtN3N6Q1BuZyZ0PUFBQUFBR0hsMkJN