Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

kids need more kid things to do

12346...Next

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I was watching the Showtime trailer and it occurred to me, what if you could have child stars, having to balance their school and their career.

This would be fun, but I'd have more fun being the stage mom/dad.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Agreed, and Teens need more teen things to do. Right now they're still adults that go to school. With Parenthood they can be angsty but not much has changed
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    we still need a shape toy for toddlers and maybe little drums that would be so cute
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    we also need rocking horses and bouncy rides like the ones you put coins
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    And puzzles. And an actual baby doll for toddlers and kids to play with
    image.png

I agree

a real baby doll and teddy is badly needed
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    I was watching the Showtime trailer and it occurred to me, what if you could have child stars, having to balance their school and their career.

This would be fun, but I'd have more fun being the stage mom/dad.

that would be fun some people are just born to act and who are we to deny our child sims or adult sims there dream :)@Dannydanbo
    mika wrote: »
    Agreed, and Teens need more teen things to do. Right now they're still adults that go to school. With Parenthood they can be angsty but not much has changed

agreed you will be pleased to here that they plane to work more on teens @mika
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Any playground equipments (slide, see-saw, swing etc.)

Rocking horse

Xylophone for toddlers

A set of table and chairs for kids to play board games, domino and building blocks.

Trumpet that makes other sims in the lot complain for being too noisy.

Ability to form group/club among children for the purposes below :
    - study group
    - play group for a tea party
    - group to explore the environment
    - group to act for a drama
    - choir group

A tree house with hidden feature. There will be a hidden world in the tree house which will only access to children. The hidden world looks like a world full of candies, cakes and chocolates. A fairy godmother will appear to sell candies or any desserts which give emotional aura to the child sim, even may be giving a magic baton to the sim which enables him/her to influence friends (for example, influence a friend to do the sim's homework) as well as make chores to be done more easily (ability to put toys and books away from a far distance).
  • Fmnh3Fmnh3 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @comicsforlife said:
    > like playing catch
    > skipping rocks
    > playing tag
    > tea sets
    > easy bake oven
    > baby dolls
    > tree house
    > jump rope
    > swing set
    > dress up
    > sandbox
    > sleep overs
    >
    > this would be really fun
    > please everyone come up with as many ideas as you can
    > I would also really like to know what you guys think of these ideas

Hula hoop
    Hopsotch
    Tag
    Play catch (with older ot younger sims)
    Play cops and robbers or dragon slaying games
    great ideas @Fmnh3
  • Noris007Noris007 Posts: 10 New Member
    People argue that Sims 4 children are better than Sims 3 but I disagree on that. Sims 3 children had plenty of acvities to do. Sims 4 children don't. Sure there's the kid stuff pack but it offers little. Sims 3 teens were also better than teens from the Sims 4.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes to everything here!!!!
    All they can do interaction wise at the moment is talk talk talk
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    I would love to have more interactions for kids, like with their parents, their siblings and their friends.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited August 2018
    I completely agree with OP. I've been playing TS2 lately and when I switched back to TS4 the other day and saw all the kids in my family were home from school, I realised there was almost nothing for them to do together, whereas my TS2 kids could play tag, get in group water balloon or snowball fights, play clapping games, what have you. But when I want my kids to bond in TS4? "OK, I guess you can... cloudgaze... again... two at a time..."
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited August 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They need games to play not just toys and clothes. Bring back Cops & Robbers, hopscotch, jumping rope, catch, girls dancing on their Dads shoes, the costume box, the invisible friend, etc. All those great things kids could do.

I agree with this so much! I miss all those interactions. I want my sims to have more interactions with each other.

To add: The sims 4 has a lot of interactions with objects but they missed the mark with interactions between sims. Also, a lot of the interactions they do have are the same with a different name. I wish when pregnant sims announced they were pregnant that sims could have different reactions. I wish kids could play games together as mentioned above. I miss patty cake from the sims 2. Kids could do that with toddlers.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Yes, please! Kids and teens need more. (I'd even be happy with more toddler activities and objects as well).

Kids:

Interactions between parents. Dance on mom/dad's feet. Super cute interaction from Sims 2!
    Cops and robbers
    Hide and Seek
    Tag
    Hopscotch
    Tree houses (I miss these so much!)

Kids and Teens:

Sleep overs (pillow fights, scary/funny story-telling, More movies/cartoons (Movie-Hangout Stuff) (I am more than likely wishful thinking with the rest of this list... but it would be great to at least get one or two of these things as some of these are never done before and it could be very interesting especially because how they brought kids and teens the scout activity, I feel like they could do something similar (especially the scavenger hunt idea).

(Maybe Teens could have a truth or dare type activity. (They could draw from a hat/jar a truth or dare question) "make-overs" with a new vanity table, maybe a photo booth object can return with loads of options, an ice cream bar (decorate and make ice-cream sundaes or something like that. ) Maybe a "Would you rather" Activity. A Scavenger hunt would be cool! (Like Picture scavenger hunt, taking photos with their phones). I would also love if they added Pre-teens for this as well. And that they would update the phones look and add new features to the phone system in game.

This is why I would love a hobbies pack.. and it to include arts and crafts. So maybe you can design pillow cases, or create glow in the dark bracelets/necklaces, or non-glow in the dark bracelets. (they'd be able to wear these and choose them inside the vanity table) And if we got the photo-booth back we could make those into fun pictures and get all kinds of choices to add different frames and styles/filters. And hang them on the walls.

I also miss the toddler activities table where they could color and play with blocks.
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Tag and Hide-and-seek would be so cute to watch. I'd also like to be able to decorate the fridge with something they draw or color lol