Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Planes!

Hello again everyone!

So I've been thinking.
We've seen Sims in Cars, Futuristic Trains, and boats, but we never really truly get to see a Sim on a plane.
I'm truly curious if anyone has ever contemplated on that.
Yes; Planes are mentioned throughout The Sims and we've gotten Jet Packs and Hot Air Balloons, but we never really get to see our Sims soar into the Heavens and touch the clouds! To truly fly without wings!

Maybe I'm just going through a pipe dream, but I would like to see my sims in the sky! Maybe even fly to certain destinations that require Planes, Hot Air Balloons, and Jet Packs. Like a lot on top of a high mountain or a strange city above the clouds similar to Bioshock's Columbia or Castle in the Sky.

What are your thoughts? Does this sound like a good idea? Does this sound plausible?

As always,

Thank you for reading this post.

Comments

• DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    This could be a game pack and named as The Sims 4 : Fly High, or something to be introduced in a world adventure-ish expansion pack.

An airport lot could be included in the pack, and new career choices such as the flight attendant and the pilot career could be introduced (may be active careers).

The interior of an airplane could be some types of special lots, which will be activated only if a sim bought air ticket and aboard a plane. The might be several hours for the sims to spend in the plane and served with foods. They may chat with the other passengers, woohoo in the toilet, or even prank in the captain's room. The handphones are inaccessible in a flight, as the sims will not be able to call anyone.

A new item included would be luggages, which Sims may be able to bring some personal stuff and souvenirs in it. The luggages randomly lost in the game and the sims would be get an insurance payment only if they buy it earlier in the airport.

The new themes introduced as new worlds (that would be inaccessible except travel by plane) might be an Egyptian, a Tropical as well as an Oriental one.

Also, rich sims would be able to own private jets in their home. They may need a license to be able to drive them. A new death type would be plane crash.
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    The whole point of taking a plane is to get somewhere else. Going to the airport lot, to load up the airplane lot, only to wind up back home at the end of it would be completely pointless.

And when people are upset about needing loading screens to go anywhere off lot in this game, I really don't know how fun they'd be with mandatory minigames before being able to get to whatever other lots. And while you could get around that by making the airport minigame skippable, it tells you a lot about a pack when its main theme is something you expect most people to wind up skipping.
  • DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I really like this, i have always wanted airports and planes to take my sims to holiday destinations.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I'd like to have a Sim with a personal little plane they could fly around to float above the world, but that might only work in an open world setting, since your Sim would be pretty limited with how far they could fly around in a Sims 4 neighbourhood.
  • AcronymAcronym Posts: 4 New Member
    it's a good idea, but in terms of playable content, i think that it wouldn't get used. I always thought it would be good to add in transport that we can have as careers! taxi drivers, baggage claims at the airport, truck/bus drivers etc. it's far-fetched, i know! xD