Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neglected pets.

ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
It's bad enough to see all the strays looking sick & filthy, but seeing pets from my own households looking like that is inexcusable. Non-active children always look fine, so why can't our sims also take care of their pets when we're not playing that household?

EtK5sTJ.png

If she can walk her dog, then surely she can bathe her & get her medical attention as well, can't she? That dog has looked like that for a while now.
Gallery ID: LDM2
Post edited by ldmarko on

Comments

• brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    It's bad enough to see all the strays looking sick & filthy, but seeing pets from my own households looking like that is inexcusable. Non-active children always look fine, so why can't our sims also take care of their pets when we're not playing that household?

EtK5sTJ.png

If she can walk her dog, then surely he can bathe her & get her medical attention as well, can't she? That dog has looked like that for a while now.

Wow that is actually super sad! I have the cats and dogs pack, but haven't actually played the game enough to see that. I surely hope they could fix that. Many use gaming to escape these cruel issues in the world, not see them in the game :(
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I even had my current household visit the vet clinic, even though their pets were fine, to try to trigger a vet visit for this dog, but they didn't show up. Oh well, got the current pets vaccinated, so at least I've saved two of them from that so far.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    honestly, it's not just the pets, it's just most visible with them. unplayed sims are notoriously bad about taking care of their own needs. there have been times when i've loaded a household just to get a message that every member of the family was going to die of starvation in two hours...
    kalaksed wrote: »
    honestly, it's not just the pets, it's just most visible with them. unplayed sims are notoriously bad about taking care of their own needs. there have been times when i've loaded a household just to get a message that every member of the family was going to die of starvation in two hours...

Yeah, I've switched households to find them all running to the fridge or toilet, even when I cheat the whole worlds' needs up before rotating, but when I see them out & about they usually look fine, or will at least tend to their own needs. It's just the pets that look bad.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I believe this has to be fine tuned in a future patch. Pets are affected by us not playing the lot, while sims are not. It doesn't make sense. Also the frequency of sick pets feels way too high, as they should not get any more sick when not played than sims do. I hardly see sick sims walking about. The features are cool enough, but the frequency needs some tinkering.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I've had to have all my households stock up on wellness treats, just so I can take care of each family's pets. It's really quite disheartening to see pets hungry or vomiting whenever I have a sim visit a household.
    @SimGuruNick @EA_Mage Is this issue on your team's radar?
  • knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    I wish that when I sent a sim from the lot that I could have the other sims "care for pet". I usually have them just "care for self" and sometimes I have them work on a skill. But when I come back to that lot, the pet is smelly and hungry and begging for attention. I hope they patch this some way.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    It's not just pets. My father sim goes to visit his toddler's mom and grandma. The toddler is starving - no food in fridge, but he can't cook for toddler because that is inappropriate. The mother and grandmother only make food for themselves. Disheartening for sure
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    It's not just pets. My father sim goes to visit his toddler's mom and grandma. The toddler is starving - no food in fridge, but he can't cook for toddler because that is inappropriate. The mother and grandmother only make food for themselves. Disheartening for sure

I always found this funny. Like you're family.. why is it seen inappropriate to make food.. so annoying and then you have to switch households to get rid of the chopping board of food because another sim touched it..
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    I've had to have all my households stock up on wellness treats, just so I can take care of each family's pets. It's really quite disheartening to see pets hungry or vomiting whenever I have a sim visit a household.

Can you buy those on the computer or just from a vet?
  • HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2018
    Ever since the Seasons expansion I've found my pets have become too stupid to find their food bowl, and they all end up starving to death. I'm constantly having to call them to eat, otherwise they die. And this is in every current lot I'm actually playing!
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »

Can you buy those on the computer or just from a vet?

I believe you can order them... but now I think it might be that it's just from the vet
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I believe you can order them... but now I think it might be that it's just from the vet

I'll have to check that next time I play. I've been getting sick pets recently when switching households and could do with a good supply.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    Ever since the Seasons expansion I've found my pets have become too stupid to find their food bowl, and they all end up starving to death. I'm constantly having to call them to eat, otherwise they die. And this is in every current lot I'm actually playing!

Is this true? I thought pets can't die of hunger. I thought I read that.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited August 2018
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »

Hello @HeidiGrrrl
    You may like to post feedback about the issue that you are having on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-won-t-eat-unless-they-re-told-to/m-p/6904830#M67243
    rosemow wrote: »

I followed the upload directions & hopefully got it right. Looks like they have been trying to address the issue for a while, so hopefully a fix will come soon.