Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How have your bills been since seasons?

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @CrystalAbyss1 Like this!

c6VBt1w.png

H3IpeKY.png

mqxGRJk.png
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Increased
    A lot that normally only sees about 1500 jumped to 4000, and that was with one sim having the frugal reward trait. I don't really mind that much, my sims often make more money than they can spend, so it does help keep the funds at a more realistic level.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Increased
    Btw, those 38 500 was WITH the Frugal trait.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • KatthesimKatthesim Posts: 1 New Member
    Increased
    Lol I live in a decent size house and both of the sims parents have frugal trait, and my bill went from 5,000 to 19,000 !!!! Imagine if they didn’t have the trait how much it would be !
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Increased
    I have a pretty decent/big house. 4 beds, 3 full paths etc and my bills went up the last week of fall into winter by 12,000 :o
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Increased
    I've gotten a noticeable increase. For a one bedroom house, It used to be like 2,000 simoleons or so, and now it's like 6,000. The thermostat... THE THERMOSTAT...
    Proud simmer
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Increased
    Given all the winter massacres, the "Deceased" typo is entirely appropriate! My sims wish that were true: "Oh, we don't have to pay the heating bill, it's dead." :relieved:
  • Katrina4Katrina4 Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2018
    Deceased
    Not very often, no.
  • Nuke321Nuke321 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @hunniboo1 said:
    > I dont know if it was the money Tree or running the cool temp on thermostat but I got a bill for 100k :(

highest bill ever. My bills are usually 46K a month...this time it was 444,000...good thing I had millions
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Increased
    Nuke321 wrote: »
    > @hunniboo1 said:
    > I dont know if it was the money Tree or running the cool temp on thermostat but I got a bill for 100k :(

highest bill ever. My bills are usually 46K a month...this time it was 444,000...good thing I had millions

Yikessss
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • lolabeelolabee Posts: 25 Member
    Increased
    Whenever I use the thermostat the bills significantly increase.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Same
    The same, I honestly don't really see how people are having to pay 100k +. Honestly I wish I could have those high bills because I want my sims to spend more of their money LOL
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Increased
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @CrystalAbyss1 Like this!

c6VBt1w.png

H3IpeKY.png

mqxGRJk.png

What does your actual home lot look like?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Increased
    That should read insane! I buckled under pressure and put in that derned thermostat instead of relying on the fireplaces, as of old. I'm seriously considering removing said device as the bills are upward of 50,000 Simoleons!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Same
    I haven't noticed much of a difference in Newcrest, but I'm rather thrifty with the thermostat. I turn the heat on for a bitter cold day (they seem to be okay for regular 'cold'), and it usually stays on through the winter, since it's a bit of a bother to turn it on and off all the time. I never use the air conditioning - my Sims dress in 'hot weather' clothing instead.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Increased
    One of my richest households got 62k bill with mccc set to reduce it a little, I can’t remember exact settings. But I like it.
  • EliGrangerSimmerEliGrangerSimmer Posts: 62 Member
    Increased
    Once my bills were 50k and they are usally under 10k
    I might look crazy but I am fangirling
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited August 2018
    Turns out that the issue in my game (why I had a bill over $150,00) was solved by my selling off paintings and garden produce (those perfect and magnificent dragon fruits are pricy) in my Sims' personal inventory and the household inventory. They are now millionaires (about $1,500,000)! So, for a millionaire that bill is 'okay' (what else are they going to spend all that money on?!) But... I just got a new bill... for around $10,000 (after clearing out all that inventory, even though they have tons of cash.) Go figure. Anyway, in my game the inventories' value seemed to be the issue.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    Increased
    SheriGR wrote: »
    I have a large, successful household with a restaurant and retail store. I have been patient so far at the high bills, but I just paid three bills in a row... one was around $70,000 to $90, 00 but I thought it was some accumulated amount... the next one was around $50,000. I just got and paid a new bill (not long after the $50,00 one, and it was for over $150,000!!! That is insane!!! They work their butts off and have large incomes and contribution about as much as I think I could manage. I have worked them long and hard to get to this point with non-aging, so many, many hours. How can I even know what the bill is for, and how am I possibly manage? If I get another bill that high it will wipe them out. There is no ability to make that much in income from billing period to billing period!

Do you have MCCC? it has an option to reduce Bills down to something more reasonable
    2llotup.jpg
    Increased
    @MollyG1997 I need that house it's so pretty

So far 137 votes for an increase
    2llotup.jpg
  • VeerrassVeerrass Posts: 12 New Member
    Increased
    a lot higher, but im also making more money because of the new flowers :D
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Increased
    Not a crazy increase but a few thousand higher with thermostat use. I like it so far. Now with the daughter from my household moving out on her own, there's a nice challenge in doing everything she can around the fireplace in winter while she starts making money.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Do to a huge greenhouse that is growing year round I don't pay attention how much stuff cost anymore including bills.
  • Daniela_SophiaDaniela_Sophia Posts: 13 New Member
    Increased
    I always forget to turn the thermostat off,so my bills have raised rapidly :s
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited August 2018
    In my game I had a bill over $150,00. Turns out the issue was solved was solved by my selling off paintings and garden produce (those perfect and magnificent dragon fruits are pricy) in my Sims' personal inventory and the household inventory. They are now millionaires (about $1,500,000)! So, for a millionaire that bill is 'okay' (what else are they going to spend all that money on?!) But... I just got a new bill... for around $10,000 (after clearing out all that inventory, even though they have tons of cash.) Go figure. Anyway, in my game the inventories' value seemed to be the issue.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8