Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diverse Holidays

I love being able to add holidays to my Sims' calendar. I rotate between 33 households of diverse cultures, but it's annoying when everyone in a household gets a sad moodlet when they decline to celebrate a holiday. My Muslim Sims shouldn't have to celebrate Christmas, or my Asian Sims celebrate the Sixam holidays, etc. Can't we all just get happy moodlets for holiday success rather than be punished for ignoring some holidays? Or perhaps have a separate calendar for each household?
Julianne Lee
Simmer since 2001

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    hmm this is an interesting point. You almost have to set only one culture\traditions for your sim world
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited August 2018
    Oh, that's a good point! It would be nice if when you create a holiday on your calendar, you could set it to "optional" or "universal".
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yeah, this would be handy for multicultural societies. I made some custom holidays for a fictional religion in my game but there are 2 other religions in the fantasy world I'm basing my game on that deserve their own holidays and I can't see a practical way to incorporate holidays for them all without forcing sims to get the sad moodlet if they fail the events that don't apply to them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    I guess one way around is it having one holiday but changing the traditions depending on what household in the rotation you're playing at that time, but that doesn't sound very fun. I guess it would be nice if you had a central calendar, but you could open up a panel for each holiday to uncheck households who shouldn't celebrate it. So far in my gameplay I haven't personally had any need for this, though.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Not only would this be useful for different cultures, but it would be useful for family-specific holidays such as "Family Reunion". I wanted to make a holiday for the annual giant Christmas/Hannukah party my main legacy family always has, with all their specific traditions, but people in the neighbourhood who aren't related to them wouldn't be celebrating it.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    It somewhat makes sense to have a calendar per household.. I mean you can set different curfews per household and little things like that. So it too would make sense that certain people and families celebrate different things at different times or instead of other holidays?..
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited August 2018
    I would love for different holiday celebrations for different families. Not all families in the world will celebrate the same holidays and holy days, etc.

For example, I myself have some Latino families who celebrate some of the Latin American holidays, but some of the others don’t or only celebrate a select few of those holidays and holy days, and so on.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)