March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toughest aspirations?

In my short time in playing Sims 4, I've completed my fair share of aspirations, but there are a few aspirations I've never completed yet simply because it was a bit tough to reach. What are the toughest aspirations you think are hardest to complete? Yes, this includes all aspirations included apart from basegame as well.

I think in my experience, the toughest aspiration I've found hardest to complete is Party Animal, simply because I can't seem to get Gold on some of the social events because I'm most likely missing something critical to reach it.
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Comments

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The City Native Aspiration I'm finding quite difficult to complete, without cheats that is. I'm on the third stage of the aspiration and one of the requirements is to have an apartment worth at least 300,00 simoleons, besides that there are a lot of requirements that are very specific, some require the festivals so sometimes I just have to play the waiting game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    edited August 2018
    Grilled Cheese

A Sim needs to eat three plates of Grilled Cheese in a row in order to unlock this Aspiration.

Completing the Aspiration

Level 1
    Talk about Grilled Cheese with 3 different Sims
    Eat 10 Grilled Cheese

Level 2
    Eat 10 Grilled Cheese of Excellent quality
    Prepare 3 group servings of Grilled Cheese
    Talk about Grilled Cheese with 5 different Sims

Level 3
    Eat Grilled Cheese in space
    Prepare Grilled Cheese of Excellent quality
    Talk to the Grim Reaper about Grilled Cheese

Rewards
    Summon Grilled Cheese
    Paint Grilled Cheese paintings

You need to build the rocket to eat grilled cheese in space and somebody has to die if you want to talk to the grim reaper.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I guess it depends on what someone's definition of "tough" would be.

I think overall, Successful Lineage is probably going to be the most challenging to do, especially for someone playing with aging on.
    Party Animal isn't really too hard, but it is tedious to throw all those social events.
    Friend of the Animals is extremely annoying if you aren't doing it casually.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited August 2018
    Back in the days, it was Public Enemy.. there were few ways to kill a sim apart from old age. With the winter massacre that was going on lately, it was a breeze to complete. I dont really bother much in completing aspiration though. The party animal one is easy if you focus on completing the party tasks right away.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've always found doing Party Animal to be such a hassle, needing to throw all these social events all the time and needing all the right items to be able to reach gold on them; it's not like the sims that have this aspiration can afford to have everything for a party! Plus I rarely throw events anyway because of the fact they're such a pain at all. It's simply just not my kind of aspiration to complete I guess, and I leave it uncompleted and avoid it. Honestly I find the ones involving a dying Sim easier.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I tend to pick similar aspirations for my Sims. As in, many of my Sims have been wannabe Chefs, or whatever. I've also not completed many aspirations.

I'm going to mention a kid one: Social Butterfly. It takes forEVER to make a BFF, it seems, plus the social skill seems to be the hardest to raise. The other kid aspirations have been fine.

The very first Sims 4 couple I created had the same aspiration as each other. The male Sim died before completing it, but I managed to do it with the female Sim.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Mansion Baron seems particularly difficult for me to complete, what with the 30 columns that are needed. Most of my houses don't look good with all those unnecessary columns.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Mansion Baron seems particularly difficult for me to complete, what with the 30 columns that are needed. Most of my houses don't look good with all those unnecessary columns.

you can delete them afterwards. To be honest most of the time when I'm doing this aspiration I just enable moveobjects and stack all the necessary columns and windows on top of each other, then delete em'.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I just completed Party Animal for first time ever. It is not hard, but it is a grind. The thing is by the time your sim completes this aspiration, you are probably sick of throwing parties so the reward that comes with it (automatic Bronze level event, thus easier to get Silver/Gold) is rather meaningless because you probably don't want throw anymore parties for a while.

Still, could be useful in some legacies or challenges.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Yea, but you just have to buy them to complete the goal.. you don't have to keep them.

I found collector really hard until Seasons. Now it's pretty easy to complete the decorative egg collection, so long as you place lots of plants on the lot that you can hunt for eggs in.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    party animal is made a bit easier if you put the 'party place' lot trait on a lot. you can miss a few items from the checklist and still get gold (this was the only way to get gold events when things like the '3 sims dance at once' things just...didn't work)

and it really depends on the sim/household/playstyle what's the hardest. i've got one household that has finished every aspiration in the game and, with them the two i considered hardest were the mixology one and the comedian one. just because those two lock a sim in a specific path of a specific career. when the game originally came out, all the aspirations were really grindy, but i don't recall any of them actually locking sims to careers at all

yesterday's patch made the fishing one easier too, which is great. until yesterday only the base game fish counted for 'catch 20 different types of fish'

the real grind for me, though, was the jungle explorer aspiration, just because of the last step (open 3 rare chests, activate relic 5 times, find 5 treasures). i did this on a 6 sim household. with every sim trying for the aspiration. it...took a while

i do have some 'cheaty' things built into my game to make certain aspirations easier for sims that are after them, though. like a museum that has two rockets in it. one is prebuilt (by one of my sims, of course) and makes things nice for space exploration and working out, woohooing, or eating grilled cheese in space (just visit the museum and use their rocket!). the other one is a pile of parts specifically to be built into a rocket by sims on the 'nerd brain' ambition (sell it off and buy a new one once it's built). and a six sim household of 'vampire enthusiasts'. they're all crazy about vampirism and want to become vampires. five are normal humans, one is an erratic alien. the alien has max vampire lore, so knows how to make the vampirism cure. the idea is your vampire working on the 'vampire family' aspiration turns the five humans into their offspring, then once they finish the aspiration, swap over to the household, the alien cures everyone else, then they wait for the next vampire to decide to work on that aspiration
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I just completed Party Animal for first time ever. It is not hard, but it is a grind. The thing is by the time your sim completes this aspiration, you are probably sick of throwing parties so the reward that comes with it (automatic Bronze level event, thus easier to get Silver/Gold) is rather meaningless because you probably don't want throw anymore parties for a while.

Still, could be useful in some legacies or challenges.

That's what I really dislike about some of these rewards.
    Many of them give you some benefit to do what you have been doing the entire time to achieve the goals.
    By that time, you don't really care to do the activities anymore.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I think the archeological aspiration is the hardest because you need at least 4-7 days to explore Salvadorado (however you spell it) and if the sim has kids or a job or the parent and a kid have that aspiration, it kind of interferes with the completion of that aspiration. One of my family’s has both the mom and teenage daughter with the aspiration, and when I did try to take them to Salvadorado, a sim-friend of the teen died the very first day and she was sad for a day and a half, and she was just miserable trying to complete tasks; so I tried getting some of mom’s tasks done, well you gotta take into consideration EVERYTHING you need to explore and you have to figure that out with what advice the locals give you, so I was slowed down because I had to keep going back to the market. Then the 2nd day the mom lost a friend, so then both of my Sims were miserable. And I didn’t take into account that even though you’re on vacation, that interferes with the kids schooling...the aspiration can drive you up the wall if you’re unprepared.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Maggiedoll wrote: »
    Yea, but you just have to buy them to complete the goal.. you don't have to keep them.

I found collector really hard until Seasons. Now it's pretty easy to complete the decorative egg collection, so long as you place lots of plants on the lot that you can hunt for eggs in.

If you have City Living, the poster collection is really easy to complete. I've currently got a semi-legacy that's trying to complete all the collections -- I'm now three frogs away from finishing them (have completed posters, snow globes, geodes and gardening).

For me the hardest are the Deviance aspirations only because I don't really like playing Sims who are Mean or even overly mischievous. Since my secondary goal for the semi-legacy is to finish all the careers (hoth tracks) I'll have to have a few deviant Sims somewhere in the family tree.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I've always found doing Party Animal to be such a hassle, needing to throw all these social events all the time and needing all the right items to be able to reach gold on them; it's not like the sims that have this aspiration can afford to have everything for a party! Plus I rarely throw events anyway because of the fact they're such a pain at all. It's simply just not my kind of aspiration to complete I guess, and I leave it uncompleted and avoid it. Honestly I find the ones involving a dying Sim easier.

Right now is easy to complete because Holidays counts as gold events if you complete all the traditions, at least until they notice it because I'm not sure this is by design
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Renaissance Sim Ia also a hard one to achieve.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    party animal is made a bit easier if you put the 'party place' lot trait on a lot. you can miss a few items from the checklist and still get gold (this was the only way to get gold events when things like the '3 sims dance at once' things just...didn't work)

You can form a group with some of the sims at the party, and then use the "dance together" interaction for that one.
    Cupid wrote: »

you can delete them afterwards. To be honest most of the time when I'm doing this aspiration I just enable moveobjects and stack all the necessary columns and windows on top of each other, then delete em'.

I kinda figured as much. I just often don't have a use for this aspiration either. Suppose I should try to incorporate it into my gameplay more. Thanks for the tip.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    Any kind of Fortune aspiration has been hard for me, I don't think I've ever completed one. Children aspirations are also pretty difficult in my opinion, I believe I've only ever completed Rambunctious Scamp and that was just one time.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
    Any kind of Fortune aspiration has been hard for me, I don't think I've ever completed one. Children aspirations are also pretty difficult in my opinion, I believe I've only ever completed Rambunctious Scamp and that was just one time.

The children ones are difficult if you never leave your home lot, which can be tough to do if your household has multiple children. I usually make my sims' weekends about achieving those childhood aspirations if I can. It takes time, but I've had sims children complete all four. And I also agree with you that fortune aspirations are difficult, unless you're okay with your sim doing nothing but working and having hobbies that make them money.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I don't find "Artistic Prodigy" to be too bad. Sometimes the "Play with 3 Toys" can be tricky, and I have to keep track of which drawings the kid does when it comes to "complete all the drawings" sub aspiration to ensure they don't do the same one twice by mistake, but apart from that it's not too terrible.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I don't find "Artistic Prodigy" to be too bad. Sometimes the "Play with 3 Toys" can be tricky, and I have to keep track of which drawings the kid does when it comes to "complete all the drawings" sub aspiration to ensure they don't do the same one twice by mistake, but apart from that it's not too terrible.

An easy way to keep track of the drawings is to have the child put them in their inventory, just open the stack to see which drawings have been completed.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member

Me too. I can't make parties work, so I go out of my way to not have them. This is one aspiration I'll never achieve.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    The mean and mischievous ones... I just can’t imagine any sim I create being mean or rude to people. Or using people for a laugh.

I think I just came to the realization that I find sims to be far less petty that people are irl....
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Any of them that I don't enjoy playing in my game basically. The family ones for instance. It's like pulling teeth for me. The lower levels are okay but I usually lose interest in getting far in those. Never completed them. The Renaissance one too... cause so many jobs. It is easier if you have the trait that starts you off in a career higher though. The Party one also... just cause I don't want to give that many parties.
    egTcBMc.png