Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back relaxing and cuddling on the actual bed!

JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Not on the side or edge of the bed.

This is something that people still do irl.

I loved when sims could relax on their beds and watch TV and talk in the Sims 2.

Why not bring this feature back and enhance it a little more for the Sims 4?

Maybe adult sims could relax on their beds and read at the same time?

Or just relax on their beds and cuddle and talk to each other.

Child sims can relax on their beds and daydream or play with toys.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by Jaysims on

Comments

• Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    I believe you're right.
    We should have our sims relax on the bed again.

While we're at it, why not bring back lounging on the couch?
    You know what I mean. Half laying on the couch watching TV or casually playing Video Games.
    I sort of miss my sims lounging on a comfy couch looking lazy and chill or posing for a fancy painting while on a formal sofa bed.

Paint me like one of your French boys!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That will probably come with the addition of a beach pack and the hard to create lounge chairs.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I really wish that they didnt cut out such small things from the game. I also miss the relax interaction, and many others that i cant think about right now. Maybe i should start writing down when i notice whats missing!
  • SnowgeSnowge Posts: 3 New Member
    Horoscopes plz bring them back
  • GoldSpirit57GoldSpirit57 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeas, agreed. They shoud bring relax on bed back with longe chairs
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Jaysims wrote: »
    The option to “relax on bed”?

I loved when sims could relax on their beds and watch TV and talk in the Sims 2.

What do you guys think?

Yes agreed plus cuddling,kissing,making out and spooning when they sleep together.
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes agreed plus cuddling,kissing,making out and spooning when they sleep together.

OMG I remember in the Sims 2 when couples used to autonomously cuddle under the covers with each other while they were asleep. I miss that!

These Sims 4 couples are a downgrade :|

OMG I remember in the Sims 2 when couples used to autonomously cuddle under the covers with each other while they were asleep. I miss that!

These Sims 4 couples are a downgrade :|

They did in TS3 as well.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    CUDDLING ON THE BED.
    WE NEED CUDDLING ON THE BED.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    CUDDLING ON THE BED.
    WE NEED CUDDLING ON THE BED.

Stop shouting. It's against the rules.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I super, super miss the spooning in bed, more than I ever thought I would.

But yes! I'd like to relax in bed again and such, it's weird that they can't. I also don't love that cuddling on the bed and such just treats said bed like a couch. That is ... that is not how cuddling on beds works.
  • JakeybearJakeybear Posts: 1 New Member
    Who remember being able to invest in local stores and business around town and collect your share every week on the sims 3 it would he cool if they brought that back in the sims 4 maybe a investor pack and maybe even add a stock market because we have all ran into the same problem when I've reached level 10 of your career and bought ur massion and still have all this money with nothing to spend it on (since there's no cars)
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I definitely need this one, as I used it to prevent my sims to do random things but rather relax on their beds in The Sims 2.
    OP can you change the topic to they need to bring back cuddling in bed? It's more likely to get the developers attention. Also they need to bring back a proper sofa cuddle so sims don't break it off after 5 seconds. In TS3 they stay cuddled even while watching tv together.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    OP can you change the topic to they need to bring back cuddling in bed? It's more likely to get the developers attention. Also they need to bring back a proper sofa cuddle so sims don't break it off after 5 seconds. In TS3 they stay cuddled even while watching tv together.

TS4 needs that, STAT. It should have come with Movie Stuff, or something.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »

TS4 needs that, STAT. It should have come with Movie Stuff, or something.

The movie sp did come with a cuddle while watching a movie interaction but they don't put their arms around each other they just sit close with their arms touching each other.
  • iheartTS4iheartTS4 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd love to see horoscopes and have compatibility and be incompatible with certain horoscopes. I really miss relaxing and lounging like in TS3 and TS2
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Since the game adds temporary hidden traits, horoscope could be a really cool feature.. It could add a temporary lucky and unlucky trait based on it.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2018
    The weird thing is that there are already animations for that hidden in the game.
    For some unknown reason (My guess is multitasking) they removed it before release. Nevertheless it's still in the game files and there was even a mod that unlocked it.
    MTS_Shimrod101-1485338-BedDaydream.jpg

Please bring it back Sims Team!!
    a256aFi.gif
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

The movie sp did come with a cuddle while watching a movie interaction but they don't put their arms around each other they just sit close with their arms touching each other.

Yeah, but if they don't put their arms around each other, can it really be considered 'cuddling'? ;)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »

Yeah, but if they don't put their arms around each other, can it really be considered 'cuddling'? ;)

The thing is they did this with the bon fire in Get Together. Get Cozy With which is really a cuddle standing up were their arms are wrapped around each other and they do it for a good amount of time before they break it off. If they can do that they can add a cuddle to the sofa that doesn't break off after 5 seconds.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Its simple things like this that make the game feel so empty our Sims truly cant interact with each other beyond a quick animation and back to normal the same goes for dancing its beyond annoying... Sadly I have been saying this for years now the bed needs updated badly no cuddling watching tv kids cant jump on it and the bed need to stop making its self let my sloppy sims leave their bed messy and my clean sims make theirs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • mthuhnmthuhn Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with bringing back relaxing on the bed and I think that you should have two separate relaxing routines one on top of the covers and under the covers I don't know about you but when I'm in my pj's and I want to relax on my bed I go under the covers
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    We are necro posting for why?
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    Not on the side or edge of the bed.

What do you guys think?

I absolutely love this idea @Jaysims ! I agree 100% that they should add this to The Sims 4. More sweet couple interactions are always welcomed and a teen or a child being able to day dream would be awesome. Since it happens a lot in real life, it would really add to the game and would make it even more realistic.