The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you noticed a change since the update?

2...Next

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited August 2018
    I had to do a little test before I felt like I could answer this poll accurately. I didn't get a lot of downloads on my new stuff before the update, so when I started getting zero downloads I wondered if that was just the next step (my downloads have been going down for the last couple of years.) I posted a base game only starter home yesterday and it only has 2 downloads. That's unusual for that type of build, I've found. I had posted a starter home (base game and only two EPs, Seasons and Pets) a week ago and it had zero downloads until I mentioned it here on the forums (in the thread about the 'Popular Now' tag) and then it got some downloads very quickly, though it only got up to 14.

Based on my own numbers and what I've seen looking at the 'Newest' tag on the gallery... yes, I've noticed a change and builders without a huge number of followers or some other way of promoting their work (youtube, twitch, etc.) seem to be getting fewer downloads, or even NO downloads.

ETA: And now it's borked and I can't see my own catalog at all; the gallery is empty for me, too. For a while there, everything under 'News' disappeared too, except for one Maxis fave, so I guess someone somewhere is working on the gallery right now?

I know that we've got Creative Corner where people show off their builds, but how many players actually visit that forum? Maybe we could have a threatd here in General Discussion where people can "advertise" their builds with screenshots (once they fix the quality issue) and a link to the online Gallery (once they've got that fixed). I see a lot of people feature their builds on Twitter with the #ShowUsYourBuilds hashtag, but not everyone is on Twitter.

I used to have my own thread in creative corner before photobucket changed. I got a few comments there, which was nice of course, but posting there barely increased my downloads. I find creative corner a bit exhausting to visit tbh, because despite some challenges it's mostly individual showcases.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited August 2018
    No Change
    I don't get a TON of downloads a day, but I can say that I usually get 20-40 a day and I haven't seen that increase nor decrease at all. But, going along with what another simmer said, my old content (like from 2014) has definitely gotten a rise in "popularity" since the update.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Fewer Downloads
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I haven't shared anything, but I noticed a lot of new buildings don't have a download now.

Same, I haven't shared anything in awhile but I noticed a lot of zero downloads in the gallery.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Fewer Downloads
    I hadn't uploaded anything new until today, but I did notice the overall amount of new downloads on my existing creations being less than before.
    But now that I've uploaded a new build, it's blatantly apparent. Before the update, by the time I get to showcasing my build on my blog and get the Gallery link from the website, I've had a handful of downloads. Today it was nothing. I've even showcased my 6 most recent builds on the forums (I neglected that for some time, but showcase here never much affected the amount of downloads I get on a creation) and when I went to get the link for my most recent build, it had one fav, most likely from one of my followers - and still zero downloads.
    Admitted, this isn't a very impressive build, and the preview picture on the Gallery is bad, but even my simpler builds always got several downloads within an hour or so of uploading.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    No Change
    Saying that though I don't share too often and never anything as good as some of the amazing creators out there.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • V_O_N_J_E_F_FV_O_N_J_E_F_F Posts: 3 New Member
    Fewer Downloads
    I agree! I thought I was the only one having this issue. Ever since the update the maximum downloads that I get is only 10, before the update I usually get around 120-500 downloads once I share it. I just hope that they will do something about it, I just felt it is not fair that only those with huge followers get their creations appreciated. Hope they just bring back the old gallery!
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    No Change
    My households and builds didn't get many downloads prior to update (aside from my household of officers title "Police Cops").
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Fewer Downloads
    I voted "Fewer" but I only have 3 houses on the gallery and very few followers (my brother and a couple of friends).
    One house uploaded a few months ago have 14 -15 downloads. Two after the update have 1 and 0.