Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how do you make friends?

How do you make friends for your sims? Do you cheat them? Go out to venues to meet people? I usually cheat them but was curious how others did it.

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I go to karaoke bars, San Myshuno Festivals, join clubs, go to nightclubs, lounges, and sometimes just walk down the street.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If I'm starting a sim out I usually form slight relationships with the neighbors (welcome wagon, dance and chat) and some walkbys. They build the relationships when they need social by inviting them over and either getting social and fun or cloudgazing. I usually stick with a few sims to build relationships with in the beginning.
    I'm usually jumping between a few aspirations and then as quickly as I can I buy the incredibly friendly trait.
    Once I have that I have my sim meet more people since they start off with a great boost to friendship immediately. I delay my sims having active jobs until they have this trait even because it's so much easier and I can pat myself on the back for working the game to my advantage. It makes many other aspirations easier also.. like friend of the world, serial romantic, party animal ect..

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    If I'm trying get specific sims to meet, I usually toss them in a dummy club to establish a relationship and then delete the club. Then I'll have them hang out somewhere.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I never had to cheat relationship values. You only have to meet a sim 2-3 times and chat them up and they're a friend. I also like to get the "Incredibly Friendly" reward trait, that way my sims can pretty much be friends instantly with any sim I want them to.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    I generally go to a community lot and chat up whoever shows up.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    If I'm trying get specific sims to meet, I usually toss them in a dummy club to establish a relationship and then delete the club. Then I'll have them hang out somewhere.
    Exactly this
    I like to play for multiple generations, so I usually make a “play date” club. This way my Sims can make friends with their classmates, and then I use the cake to age all the friends together.

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i create them, plop them down in the world, and then have my sim go out and hope they'll run into them. if they don't after a while i just have my sim visit their home.
    i don't cheat the actual relationship. the relationship cheat is kinda buggy and building a relationship isn't hard at all.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Scumbumbo mod "phone chat longer/gain friendship", I hate having visitors.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I mostly use clubs for friendships.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    It depends. I don't go out of my way to make friends for my sims. Usually it will happen anyway, some time. I do cheat some friendships, like in rotational play, if I want my played sims to be friends with eachother. Or if there are townies I want my sims to hang out with.

I absolutely do cheat quite often, using the UI Cheat Extension mod. I also always pick the Incredibly Friendly trait (and Observant, since CAN take quite a while to know all the traits the "normal" way).
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I simply spam-chat the sims I want them to be friends with; I can get them to friend status if I do that for a day.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I do cheat some friends together (mainly if they are supposed to have a long history), however I also have sims make friends the organic way.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I go to dance clubs, queue up some dancing and go AFK. When I come back I have 3-5 new friends.

After I have several friends I start a club and pick social perks and social actions. Then I go afk and let the relationships grow.

Anybody else have any afk tricks? For making friends or anything else?
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I just get my Sims out there and have them talk to Sms I have a good 'feeling' about. Then I dig around for their traits and if there's a match, I play with that :smile:

Also clubs are a great way for making friends. Just add everyone who is eligible to join and after a few meetings you should see the green bar growing :grin:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I like to make friends for my sims's kids from school, or find an adult sim's co-workers and make friends with them. The clubs system from get together is a great way to make friends with similar sims though too.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Usually through the welcome wagon. Hilariously, I think my sims with the most friends are the ones I've had chat with random people when they take their dogs for a walk. :D
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Usually walking down the street or bars. I also LOVE the SimDa Dating App Mod. It is an essential in my game nowadays.
  • Options
    rydenlrydenl Posts: 23 Member
    I usually travel to different venues or go to the park. I always have my Sim socialize while at work/school, and then text or chat with them later. The Welcome Wagon is always good too and enjoy the random pick of sims that bring fruitcake.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    They usually go out and meet but if I don't like the pickins' or I feel an age group is lacking I go to the gallery choose some sims and plop them down or in not in world. then I either let them meet naturally or help them meet. As for building the relationships, I let them grow and fall apart naturally by interactions, outings and clubs.
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    No cheats. I usually just send them somewhere I expect a lot of townies to congregate (like a gym or a park, maybe the bars at night) and let them socialize away. The festivals have also been a good place to make friends.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    My sims don't have friends. Relatable haha.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'll use things that boost relationships such as dancing, playing foosball and the clubs system.

I allow my sims to choose their own friends (ie. I don't force them to chat to anyone, they must start it). To get the best results for this, send them out to a community lot when their social need is lagging.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm the worst with my Sims and their friends! They're acquaintances with all and friends with none. If they happen to have a lot in common with someone then maybe I'll invite them over from time to time or call them. I won't usually cheat it unless I'm in a rush with my storyline though.