Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Taking a BIG GAMBLE here for Seasons Discount

I checked my purchase history, the closes of more than $35 Canadian is a EP + SP together. Right now the Seasons EP even with 25% is still close to $40 Canadian. Which remind me of the Half Price sell for C&D EP in last Christmas event that I feel a bit ripped off here. Still considering...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Better get it now while it's on sale.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Better get it now while it's on sale.
    Thanks for the encouragement. Right now I'm thinking for the Price of 25.99 if that would happened. The reason is that happened before during Cats & Dogs sales. But still have sometime to consider till 28th of August
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I bought cats & dogs at full price last year - a week later or two it was 50% off. For Season I ended up bundling JA, Laundry and Seasons for a decent Canadian price in July.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    edited August 2018
    @verlainem wrote: »
    I bought cats & dogs at full price last year - a week later or two it was 50% off. For Season I ended up bundling JA, Laundry and Seasons for a decent Canadian price in July.

Haven't try on the bundle price, maybe if the new release do come out, I should see how decent the price would be.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Seasons adds:

Weather.
    Do you spend time outside? Do you spend time at parks? Or do you just spend time INSIDE your house and INSIDE venues? If you don’t spend time outside there isn’t much point to the weather.

Holidays.
    Do you WANT holidays? Do you like the story elements they add? Does your play style cater to taking days off work (or stopping whatever goal you are working on) to play along with accomplishing the holiday goals?

Ice skating, roller skating, leaf piles, snow angels, snowmen.
    Do you really need these?

House decorations, like string lights, Christmas trees, cornucopias, etc...
    Do you need these?

Are you into gardening? Do you want to be limited with the crops you grow based on what season it is?

Do you need a scarecrow you can befriend for 5 hours a day?

Do you want beehives? Do you like applying “mite treatment” every 3 days?

2 new outfit categories
    Cold and hot weather. Do you want your 5 everyday outfits turned into 15? 5 for hot and 5 for cold?
    You WILL be forced out of your every day outfits on hot and cold days. No matter how warm or cool the outfits appear.

Do you want gnomes that try to kill you with lightning? And reward you by throwing basic normal seed packs all over your yard?

If you NEED these things then buy it now.

If you don’t need any of it then DONT buy it at all.

If a couple things sound ok then wait for a better sale.

I bought it for full price. I’m fine with that. It doesn’t really blow me away but I’m not upset I paid full price either.

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh man @KirbySkywalker I have to say I can't agree with you on the if you don't spend time outside thing.. I mean I do but it makes being indoors very different for me in my game.. especially with more extreme weather or snow outside. Some of my biggest smile moments have been inside. The frost on the glass and the view from the windows. Lighting the fireplaces mean something. The thunderstorm tension. The sounds.. even the lightening is different inside.
    Don't want to clutter with screenshots in this thread but here's what I mean.
    2vvs5xf.png
    ofdd0m.png
    2cnjwna.png
    Being inside but aware of the weather outside though is making a big impact on my game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Oh man @KirbySkywalker I have to say I can't agree with you on the if you don't spend time outside thing.. I mean I do but it makes being indoors very different for me in my game.. especially with more extreme weather or snow outside. Some of my biggest smile moments have been inside. The frost on the glass and the view from the windows. Lighting the fireplaces mean something. The thunderstorm tension. The sounds.. even the lightening is different inside.
    Don't want to clutter with screenshots in this thread but here's what I mean.
    2vvs5xf.png
    ofdd0m.png
    2cnjwna.png
    Being inside but aware of the weather outside though is making a big impact on my game.

Totally agree, 100% with this.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I bought The Seasons at the full price which cost me around MYR150 and I encountered payment gateway problem three times (EA CS is so helpful - got refunded and purchased it again soon after I got my money back), but it is totally up to your preferences and gameplay.

The Seasons is one of my most wanted pack..so, I don't mind getting it soon after it's launched. It does not come with any new world, but it does change the rest of the world. If you could wait for a bit, I'm sure there will be a better discount, but maybe by then, we will get a new pack?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    If I were inclined to buy this EP I would wait for a half off sale because this EP has many, many bugs and some affecting all the other EPs/GPs.

Some of the main features are actually broken or poorly designed such as the calendar thing/Holiday maker. Dead leaves stinking up all community lots etc. (Noted they are aware of that and working on it, I guess). Affecting vampires, ruining that GP, and things like skating rinks appearing in the wrong places over top of other stuff. I'm not sure it would even be worth half to me to have so many real problems but they did fix one for Seasons in latest patch, about some Sims freezing to death. But then there are those silly townies who don't know how to dress for cold weather and or hot weather, nor does your own Sims. So, I would wait if it were me, until they have worked out all the bugs because knowing it's bug ridden would surely put you in a bad mood and ruin your other packs and lead to disappointment eventually. I no longer support bug ridden content.

And maybe still broken, Sims coming home from work or school when your Sim at home goes to a community lot. Hello, 2001 The Sims.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    It will eventually come down to 50% off, I don't mind the wait.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    edited August 2018
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    If I were inclined to buy this EP I would wait for a half off sale because this EP has many, many bugs and some affecting all the other EPs/GPs.

Some of the main features are actually broken or poorly designed such as the calendar thing/Holiday maker. Dead leaves stinking up all community lots etc. (Noted they are aware of that and working on it, I guess). Affecting vampires, ruining that GP, and things like skating rinks appearing in the wrong places over top of other stuff. I'm not sure it would even be worth half to me to have so many real problems but they did fix one for Seasons in latest patch, about some Sims freezing to death. But then there are those silly townies who don't know how to dress for cold weather and or hot weather, nor does your own Sims. So, I would wait if it were me, until they have worked out all the bugs because knowing it's bug ridden would surely put you in a bad mood and ruin your other packs and lead to disappointment eventually. I no longer support bug ridden content.

And maybe still broken, Sims coming home from work or school when your Sim at home goes to a community lot. Hello, 2001 The Sims.

I've read in the EP Section Forum that this Seasons Ep has been renamed as Season "Massacre" Expansion. They said after installed this EP some peoples' 50% sim-pop gets wipe-out. Funny thing that even Father Winter get frozen to death too!? Incredible.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I live in Canada and bought it at full price and thought it was worth it even then. So I'd jump at a 25% discount.