Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"inappropriate" words

ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
so, I know the gallery notifies you when you've written an inappropriate word in either the description, sim name, or the household name, but I've come across two that are questionable...

"Master." I made a circus family, and the father is the ringmaster, so I named him "Master Osvaldo." whenever I save that family, I get prompted that I won't be able to share the family, and it actually took me awhile to figure out that "master" could be the only word close enough to inappropriate due to it being used in some other ways that I shouldn't bring up on this forum. XD still, "master" is NOT an inappropriate word, and it can be used for many G-rated themes.

"DDLC." this one I just found last night. "DDLC" is the acronym used when talking about the video game, "Doki Doki Literature Club." does it also stand for something inappropriate?

what other words have you found that seem like they should not be blacklisted?
I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png

Comments

• irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    Reitanna wrote: »
    so, I know the gallery notifies you when you've written an inappropriate word in either the description, sim name, or the household name, but I've come across two that are questionable...

"Master." I made a circus family, and the father is the ringmaster, so I named him "Master Osvaldo." whenever I save that family, I get prompted that I won't be able to share the family, and it actually took me awhile to figure out that "master" could be the only word close enough to inappropriate due to it being used in some other ways that I shouldn't bring up on this forum. XD still, "master" is NOT an inappropriate word, and it can be used for many G-rated themes.

"DDLC." this one I just found last night. "DDLC" is the acronym used when talking about the video game, "Doki Doki Literature Club." does it also stand for something inappropriate?

unfortunately, the internet being what it is, it is better to preemptively ban words than to field reports of inappropriate content relating to certain words. you could always try "leader", but, well, it can have bad implications depending on context as well. fun.

as for the acronym, yes, it does have stand for something extremely inappropriate for the sims. i do not suggest googling the term.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    "Master." I made a circus family, and the father is the ringmaster, so I named him "Master Osvaldo." whenever I save that family, I get prompted that I won't be able to share the family, and it actually took me awhile to figure out that "master" could be the only word close enough to inappropriate

That is ridiculous.
    Master is the correct term of address for a boy. Master Alexander Goth.

Historically, the term is used to address someone who is a skilled tradesman, such as a blacksmith, baker, tailor, etc.

And there's also use of the term for the person in charge of a school: Headmaster.

I think they need to fire the person who decided what words are inappropriate.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    But when I type master in search on the gallery there are results, is this normal? Is it only me?
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Don't they use "master" in game in regards to mastering skills?
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Don't they use "master" in game in regards to mastering skills?

And a master bedroom of a house.
  • WooldropWooldrop Posts: 89 Member
    I've used Master in gallery titles. Maybe because it was for a room it was acceptable. Master Bedroom/Master Bath is okay
    Gallery ID: WoolDrop

My Creations Thread is HERE

Follow me on Twitter: @DropWool
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    irishfino wrote: »

unfortunately, the internet being what it is, it is better to preemptively ban words than to field reports of inappropriate content relating to certain words. you could always try "leader", but, well, it can have bad implications depending on context as well. fun.

as for the acronym, yes, it does have stand for something extremely inappropriate for the sims. i do not suggest googling the term.

the only thing I can find that it stands for aside from "Doki Doki Literature Club" is "Document Development Life Cycle." that's going to drive me nuts, now I want to know what the inappropriate version is.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member

the only thing I can find that it stands for aside from "Doki Doki Literature Club" is "Document Development Life Cycle." that's going to drive me nuts, now I want to know what the inappropriate version is.

DDLC doesn’t stand for anything inappropriate. It’s a letter off.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec

yeah, no, you don't want to know. it's not just inappropriate, it's potentially traumatizing/triggering. you're honestly better off never being exposed to it. i wish i never was.

it does stand for something completely inappropriate and traumatizing, which is why it's blocked by the filter.
  • GalacticGalaxiesGalacticGalaxies Posts: 5 New Member
    > @foxx_fennec said:
    > Reitanna wrote: »
    >
    > irishfino wrote: »
    >
    > Reitanna wrote: »
    >
    > so, I know the gallery notifies you when you've written an inappropriate word in either the description, sim name, or the household name, but I've come across two that are questionable...
    >
    > "Master." I made a circus family, and the father is the ringmaster, so I named him "Master Osvaldo." whenever I save that family, I get prompted that I won't be able to share the family, and it actually took me awhile to figure out that "master" could be the only word close enough to inappropriate due to it being used in some other ways that I shouldn't bring up on this forum. XD still, "master" is NOT an inappropriate word, and it can be used for many G-rated themes.
    >
    > "DDLC." this one I just found last night. "DDLC" is the acronym used when talking about the video game, "Doki Doki Literature Club." does it also stand for something inappropriate?
    >
    > what other words have you found that seem like they should not be blacklisted?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > unfortunately, the internet being what it is, it is better to preemptively ban words than to field reports of inappropriate content relating to certain words. you could always try "leader", but, well, it can have bad implications depending on context as well. fun.
    >
    > as for the acronym, yes, it does have stand for something extremely inappropriate for the sims. i do not suggest googling the term.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > the only thing I can find that it stands for aside from "Doki Doki Literature Club" is "Document Development Life Cycle." that's going to drive me nuts, now I want to know what the inappropriate version is.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > DDLC doesn’t stand for anything inappropriate. It’s a letter off.

Yeah C is a replacement for the other letter, you can probably guess why.
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member

yeah, no, you don't want to know. it's not just inappropriate, it's potentially traumatizing/triggering. you're honestly better off never being exposed to it. i wish i never was.

it does stand for something completely inappropriate and traumatizing, which is why it's blocked by the filter.

If it’s what I think it is, DDLC definitely has one letter different from the bad term. Even you-know-what dictionary (gonna play it safe and not post the name) doesn’t give any definition other than Doki Doki Literature Club.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec

If it’s what I think it is, DDLC definitely has one letter different from the bad term. Even you-know-what dictionary (gonna play it safe and not post the name) doesn’t give any definition other than Doki Doki Literature Club.

unfortunately, if we're thinking of the same term, it's not as different as you think because it represents the same disgusting behavior and is blocked with very good reason. EA/Maxis is right on this one.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Great. Now I won't sleep all night, wondering.
    traumatizing? man, now I REALLY wanna know. I have PTSD, so I'm like, "what four words can seriously be TRAUMATIZING?"

K7ZEXAi.png
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    "Master." I made a circus family, and the father is the ringmaster, so I named him "Master Osvaldo." whenever I save that family, I get prompted that I won't be able to share the family, and it actually took me awhile to figure out that "master" could be the only word close enough to inappropriate

That is ridiculous.
    Master is the correct term of address for a boy. Master Alexander Goth.

Historically, the term is used to address someone who is a skilled tradesman, such as a blacksmith, baker, tailor, etc.

And there's also use of the term for the person in charge of a school: Headmaster.

I think they need to fire the person who decided what words are inappropriate.

Yes please. Fire that person because they're the ones that made it so they had to rename Dina and Nina's mom to Katrina because her name gets censored.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    can someone PM me this meaning the nosy in me has to know :#:#
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited August 2018
    I had something marked inappropriate that I can't for the life of me figure out why, and it was after the fact. I uploaded a romantic klepto teen to the gallery last year. I think I said something along the lines of stealing your heart and stealing all your stuff and that he was homeless. That's his background. I went to update him for seasons and reshare and I noticed his bio box had a little red flag/warning thing next to it and that text was now flagged as inappropriate. Not his name, the bit in his bio about stealing your heart/stuff. I ended up taking him off the gallery completely because whatever the filter thinks I said was apparently bad? I don't remember exactly what I put because I removed that copy and decided not to reshare, but I'm 100% certain it wan't anything inappropriate.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m nosy too can someone message me lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

yeah, message me too with the meaning

K7ZEXAi.png
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I would like a message, too, please. My brain is going to hurt from this word puzzle!
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited August 2018

Minette. Which is a French name; a diminutive of Williamina.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited August 2018
    I got that prompt recently while I was recreating the Specter household from TS2.
    One household member's last name shares some similar phrasing with an actual offensive term.

That's as much as I'll say since I know the EA ninjas are watching. If you're curious, just google the household name.
    Post edited by Trowicia on
    // take me back to 2018.
    This is racking my brain man...I guess ima have to turn to Google and change the letter C lol
    2llotup.jpg
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I did that because my curiosity got the better of me. Thankfully my search brought me to the definition and no photos or anything but still, that's enough internet for me today. :o
    Finvola wrote: »
    I did that because my curiosity got the better of me. Thankfully my search brought me to the definition and no photos or anything but still, that's enough internet for me today. :o

well PM me and let me know. I need to know how 4 letters can be so devastating
    2llotup.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top