Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your honest opinion on Laundry day stuff.

Comments

• ninagreenhalghxoninagreenhalghxo Posts: 4 New Member
    I absolutely love this pack, and constantly have my Sims change their clothing so there's a load of washing for them to do (I make them take turns lol), and I just love to see the laundry drying away on the clotheslines, (I usually have two-three on a single lot). The only issue I've had with this SP is that the round dining table that came with the pack didn't seem function so well, and the only option for used dishes and mugs was to 'throw away' rather then 'clean up', and the trash can wasn't recognised (i.e a notice saying there wasn't one available). Overall, awesome SP and I also loved the idea that we all had a vote on this, too. I really hope that the other competing packs from the vote will also be added to the game at some point. :)
  • hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    I like having my sims do laundry. I missed out on the voting for Off The Grid, I probably would have picked that if I had known. But I think the laundry feature makes The Sims more realistic. After all, The Sims is a life simulation game. I wish we could have gotten more hairstyles though.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I dunno. I want the stuff, but since the price went up I'm not so keen.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm enjoying the laundry -- it's not earthshaking but it's a nice touch for those who like more of a "homey" aspect to the game. They did a great job with the decor pieces (I've got my items in the basement of my current house with the folding table from OR to simulate a place to fold clothes). And the CAS is really great -- some of the outfits pair great with older CAS like the cowboy boots and cowboy hat from base game, for example, so I can breathe life into older stuff.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The CAS is about the only good thing coming from the pack. The main gameplay feature is not even that great. All it does is creates moodlets and give another way to kill the SIM. This pack is not about eco-living, it is about a chore that I hate doing IRL. I do not understand the desire some had for it.
  • tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    edited January 2018
    I know the community voted on this but I am appalled that this is all they came up with and I trusted the community to know and vote better.
    Lots of complaints around the forum ad other sites and on youtube but in the end, EA "came up" with this....it's wow...
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I love with that pack with all these cas items we get. The clothes are so beautiful and the build-buy is also good, the laundry machine adds more reality to the gameplay which is a good thing. So I loved it...
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • EvokeEvoke Posts: 416 Member
    I personally like it, as it adds another thing to maintain in the household.

I go into more detail here.
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
    Tutorials, tips, tricks, lets plays for Sims 4
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Loving this pack...except for the fact that sims don't autonomously do the laundry, and the fact that there's no "Do Laundry" action that would make them pick up the laundry from all the baskets and then start it
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Nice new hairstyles and clothes, lovely new furniture, ... I definitely like this pack! People who wonder why we want to do laundry in the sims: why do we want to see them cook, read, go to work, water plants, live, dance, etc...? It's the sims, a sort of reflection on life. The more realistic (with it's typical fun touch) it gets, the happier we are! I didn't expect to use the washing machine as much as I now do, but it fits in their daily routines so I use the pack constantly.
  • personwhowalkspersonwhowalks Posts: 2 New Member
    I really like it but i wish the washer and dryer would stop breaking so easily! :(
  • EvokeEvoke Posts: 416 Member
    I really like it but i wish the washer and dryer would stop breaking so easily! :(

Yeah, makes the upgrade more valuable though
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
    Tutorials, tips, tricks, lets plays for Sims 4
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Cynna Thank you for sharing. I do not use much CC but Brazen Lotus' is amazing. Wow! I LOVE absolutely everything. The plants, the clutter and the beds! I want all the beds. Seriously, why didn't EA separate the beds and bedding like this.

I am still enjoying the laundry pack very much but I wish they would fix a couple things. The washer and dryer should work in basements and with objects above them. Also the clean laundry glitch is annoying.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2018
    @Michelei You are most welcome. It's always my pleasure to spread the word on an awesome creator. :) If you ever get the urge to download anything else, try Peace's Place: http://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/ He's one of the most painstaking cc creators out there. So far, he always updates objects to work with newer EPs.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited February 2018
    I just think the concept is not smart outside an expansion pack.

I didn't endorse the poll results which made laundry stuff happen, so from the get go I knew it may be a pack I'd avoid.

I don't expect a lot from a stuff pack but really , as LGR noted, the items in this stuff pack would have fit in much better in a fully fleshed out seasonal expansion where weather impacts how long your clothes take to dry on a clothes line, where your Sims get drenched in the rain and need to dry off, warmth etc etc.

But the devs were just following survey results. Since laundry is now a stuff pack, I'll have to wait for eco themed features in a weather expansion (AT THE VERY LEAST I HOPE IT IS ADDED TO A SEASONS EXPANSION OR IS THAT OFF THE TABLE?? )

(Also, @Cynna , you're a gem for linking us to that CC, now I have a new fave CC artist - BrazenLotus- to add to my list! )
  • starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    My Sim's laundry pile looks like there's a decapitated torso in it. LOL

02_04_18_7_04_38_PM.png
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Still takes 3 Sim hours to do one load of laundry just for my Sim to go all over the house to get another pile of laundry, reach it, drop the laundry she's holding and totally forget about it... then having to tell her to pick up the laundry again about three times until it actually makes it to the washer without dropping it. Man, it's SO FRUSTRATING.

Then the laundry eventually gets down and only half my Sims get a moodlet. Or I end up with clean clothes on the floor and/or in the hamper and can't wash anything, or somehow with a nicely folder pile of dry, dirty clothes on top of my washer (I don't even know how that happened).

So really, the implementation of this pack sucks.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am still waiting to see the eco-living aspect, as it is NON-existent. Also, the Sims team have to clue on what style look is actually country. The looks they gave were the city idea of country. I live in the country and we DO NOT dress like that.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    @Cynna thank you so much. I am very picky about my cc and both your suggestions are amazing. Thank you for sharing. I love peacemakers boarded up windows.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    @starrling33 That picture is hilarious. :D

@michelei and @Jouvay I'm glad that you've enjoyed the links. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I enjoy this pack. It adds a little extra touch of realism to the game which is a plus for me. The cas and build/buy stuff is also nice.

The one thing that is kind of annoying is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to instruct a sim to grab all laundry from all baskets on the lot and bring everything to the machine at once. Am I just somehow overlooking this function? It seems like a pretty glaring omission. I mean I placed my laundry room downstairs and had two hampers upstairs assuming the sims would be able to jut grab it all like they did in sims 3, but no, they just have to run up and down the stairs multiple times.

I hope they eventually decide to fix this. Until then I’ll just have be careful with my hamper and washing machine placement, which stinks.
  • MoonlitShadowXoxoMoonlitShadowXoxo Posts: 57 Member
    I really think it looks pretty neat. I'm looking forward to getting this particular pack when the next sale comes around. It's very high on my priority list for packs I think. I love doing laundry in real life so hopefully the game version will be pretty fun too.
  • Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    Instead of nickel and diming their consumers, how about fixing things like the Detective Career that hardly anyone can play because of the insane glitches.

It is fixed.

Actually it's not but thanks for your 2 cents. Good day.
  • Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    Why are people jumping on @So_Money?? It's their opinion and they have a right to it. Then making assumptions that they didn't vote just because they didn't like the results?? Grow up! So_Money can have any opinion they want it's an open discussion so quit trying to shut up people who don't have the same opinion as you. There are a lot of people that didn't want this pack and there were plenty that did, therefore some got what they wanted and some didn't. The vote could have very well gone to another pack and then you might be the one giving YOUR opinion that you didn't like it or deemed it unnecessary. I've been playing Sims since 1 and EA is milking Sims 4 for every little dime they can get. It's ridiculous that they keep releasing packs and items that should have already been in the game or part of an update or other GP/EP. They've been at this for how many years? 4? And we still only have one "vacation" spot? Still no higher education? Really?? But we get to do laundry? Oh, lovely...no really...lovely.

Instead of nickel and diming their consumers, how about fixing things like the Detective Career that hardly anyone can play because of the insane glitches. I agree with another poster that laundry should have been part of Parenthood and not it's own stuff pack. And this nonsense about if it came with an expansion it wouldn't be as detailed?? So what! Would you even have noticed? Did any of you complain about the levels of dirtiness or the inability to clean the lint trap when we first got washing machines on previous Sims games? Probably not...why? BECAUSE IT'S LAUNDRY!! Don't get me wrong I really like the pack, but it just wasn't necessary, in MY opinion, to dedicate a whole stuff pack to it.

And no we wouldn't have been paying for it anyway as someone stated if it came in an expansion pack. You see, buying an expansion pack with laundry would still be $39, but buying an expansion pack for say Parenthood and then buying a stuff pack for laundry equals around $50. See how that works?

To each their own I say, either you buy or you don't, but ganging up on someone because they have an opinion you don't like?? Grow up TODAY.

Thats not how that works at all. Devs cant just crank out content for free. If we got laundry in another pack then that means it would replace something else. Because the development time for laundry would take away from abother project. Either way, we are paying for it.

There’s a difference between the two though. For example I bought The sims 3 ambitions. One of the many, many features included was laundry. I didn’t go out and buy ambitions solely for laundry and personally I don’t know anyone that did. Laundry was not centre stage and nor should it have been. My £29.99 got me new careers, a new world, new skills objects cas items etc and laundry.

Laundry in a stuff pack however it is centre stage and it’s the main feature and while people may be buying it for build mode or cas items really it comes down to the new gameplay object and “new thing for your sims to do” (which a lot of people are buying it for ) is laundry and this time we are paying for laundry. Least with ambitions you could think well it’s a small fish in a big pond, I’m not buying it for that, it’s a bonus if you will. I dint feel for example I paid 29.99 solely for laundry, if I were to buy laundry stuff I would be paying 9.99 for laundry and getting no additional game play or features.

I think laundry should have been part of an expansion or Game pack. It would have went well with parenthood as the game play item. The same way Bowling should have been part of another pack. Let stuff packs have stuff in them and leave the “premium” game play item out and put them back in with bigger packs. But they won’t do that. Financially they would take a hit as you can make far more money selling laundry, Parenthood and say toddler stuff individually then combining. Stuff packs without a premium item probably wouldn’t sell as well and considering stuff packs are the “meat” (opinions on the quality of the meat differ) of the series as we are now on stuff pack thirteen, they won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. This is a practise they will drag out till the bitter end.

Old post I know, but interesting how Cats and Dogs immediately followed up with My First Pets stuff pack to basically complete Cats and Dogs prove exactly our comments on this thread. Thanks by the way for understanding my original post perfectly.
  • Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    I think it's a great stuff pack it's adds alot to my game and i LOVE it can't even imagine not buying. Maybe I'm to easy to please ._.
    Corgis4life