Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did your first ever sim die?

luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Really sorry if this has been done before. I searched and didn't see exactly what I was looking for in the last year and I'm curious about your answers, so...here goes nothing!

How did your very first Sim die?
Was it your fault? What was your reaction?
Which Sims game was it?

For me, my first Sim died by fire in Sims 1. My sister and I were playing and we were young at the time and totally not expecting it. We panicked and didn't know what to do once the Sim caught fire, so we ended up turning the monitor on and off to try and stop it. Obviously that didn't work, so we unplugged the desktop in our hurry to save our Sim, haha. The Sim was fine after that but I think I was a bit traumatized, because I never played another family long enough (with aging on) to witness another Sim death until Sims 3.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    A friend of mine had a game that I just had to try so I was playing Sims 3 at his house. I built an amazing animal shelter. I was really proud of it. We played for hours. One second my sims are happily living their best life and then all heck broke loose. It happened so fast. There was this music and a notification that the social worker was taking the pets. The place was on fire, grim was standing there and I could not find my sims. We were so busy laughing at the cats in the cattery we missed everything. A meteor struck and killed both sims. My friend was stunned, I cried and that was that. I was hooked. The next day I bought my own game because I could not wait to play again.

My friend swears to this day that that was the only meteor strike he ever had in his game and he did not know that it was even a thing that existed in the game.
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    edited August 2018
    My first sim probably die in fire in Sims 2, but I remember very well that my sister's first sim died being crashed by satellite. She made family, one man with two kids. She made them leave outside and watch clouds to redo interiors. After a while, he was crushed. I remember I laughed so hard from this, cause she always spend a lot of time in CAS, and she had to make everything from the beginning. :tongue:
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    My first sim in TS1 never died because I saved right before the grim reaper showed up. ;) But I'm pretty sure she was dying of starvation.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    My first sim death happened as a complete accident. A light bulb in a floor lamp burned out, so I sent a sim to change the light bulb and they were accidentally electrocuted.

This was before a patch was released very early on that removed the ability to change light bulbs and/or for sims to get electrocuted while doing so. Supposedly, in theory, a sim could build up the mechanical trait in doing so, albeit in a negligible way (just as supposedly, the higher up they were in their mechanical skill, the less likely it may have been for them to get electrocuted).

At the time, I had no idea that could even happen and I remember the next time a light bulb burned out, I just deleted the lamp and replaced it rather than risk having it happen it again to another sim.

The reason behind the removal was apparently a mixture of complaints from simmers about it happening (which was supposedly the biggest driving force behind its removal) along with a decision that it seemed unnecessary to really change a light bulb (in a way, it seemed to also fit in unintentionally with the lack of power cords in the game) and that it didn't really seem to add anything to the game.
  • Brei714Brei714 Posts: 110 Member
    This is going to make me sound really bad but my first Sim died in Sims1 via drowning that the player may or may not have caused.

There is a story behind this as well, it was one of my first Sim families. Odysseus and Olivia, a couple who married and eventually had a kid. After that kid got taken away due to bad grades Olivia cheated on her husband with a townie whose name I have forgotten. When Odysseus caught them he started picking fights every time he saw the other guy, which was admittedly a lot. The simulated dust was flying constantly so I staged a pool accident by removing the ladder. Olivia seemed...strangely relieved if I remember right. It made for an interesting story.

My Sims must suffer in the name of story....its for a good cause.
  • SimanthropySimanthropy Posts: 223 Member
    pretty sure my first sim died in a fire. There was a fire in the house, i was in max speed the fire spread and she was burnt to ashes.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Mine was starvation in The Sims 2. Because I spent all the money on the pool and forgot to buy a fridge.
    Or was it fire? Or that death by no reason glitch?
    I think it was fire, because I remember that I saw the Grim Reaper first time in the fire.
  • techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    I remember the time my sim died because of the fire in the house :( He was already starving and then this, pretty cruel death tbh.
  • TessgirlsTessgirls Posts: 15 Member
    I believe it was in Sims 2. My Sims family was using the barbeque and the son who was a teen was too close and caught on fire. It really scared me I could not put the fire out...after freaking for a few I realized if I did not save and quit the game he should still be alive if I restarted game...Whew! He was there when I started the game again and I have never put another bbq in gameplay again!
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    My first ever Sim was way back in Sims 1 so I don't remember how they died or even who I made or played, but I imagine that they died by accidental fire or drowning once I had exhausted my interest in Sim deaths.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    my frist died by fire
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2018
    In the The Sims, a couple I created (first time playing) wife died. Because I had her get up (second day) to fix breakfast and I didn't know they shouldn't be cooking without cooking skills and I had no idea about a smoke alarm in the game. The guy was miserable for weeks, and I didn't know how to get rid of the clown. :D So, the more the clown cried the more my Sim's mood depleted and he wouldn't go to work, eat, sleep etc. and the clown made his misery worse. B) But yeah, I was bummed but it taught me how to play and how to get a Sim out of a very dangerous mood (die from starvation from lack of food, money, motivation) lol so he became my favorite Sim since we had been through so much together. ;)

ETA: I also didn't know to hit the space bar to switch to the other Sim so he could extinquish her, so I was pretty frantic, but all that made me appreciate Will Wright's darker side. "Perseverance*
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2018
    Mine was by old age in Sims 4. I came late to the Sims party. Lifespans were set to normal because I didn't know they could be changed, lol! She had married a guy named Max, a random townie, as a young adult and they had two daughters. He had the mean trait and was mean to everyone but Charlotte (my sim). Eventually she became an elder and was tending her garden and I heard the sting music and the camera panned over and she was waving, I was so stunned, and Grimm scared the plum out of me :D . The next thing I knew her family was gathered and sobbing it was pretty awful. The very next morning her husband climbed out of bed and followed suit. It was kind of romantic. Sim deaths don't bother me now, and many times I initiate them. >:)
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    my first sim died from running with scissors in ts2.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    @ohmyohmy really?! Wow, I didn't even know that was a thing :o
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Fire in TS1. I had just finished making a family and built them a house. I ran out of funds and forgot to put a smoke alarm in the house and within seconds of hitting the play button a kitchen fire broke out and killed 6 out of 8 of them. I was shocked and felt bad at first and then I started to laugh. This family still dies by fires in other versions of the Sims. They recently all died by fire in 4. I usually have at least 1 o 2 survivors but they all died. And almost without fail, one will die on day 1 or within the first few days. It's become a legend for me now as they've done it since the dawn of time. :D

• soupys0upsoupys0up Posts: 10 New Member
    I don’t even remember most of my early Sims, but [i]probably[/i] fire, since fires were so easy to accidentally start back in TS1.

I also had some Sims killed in fights (though I think they supposedly “left town” or something like that). Sometimes, when I got bored, I’d create a household of 8 Sims and lock them in a house with nothing but that pantry thing (the thing that worked like a fridge but only gave snacks) and just watch to see who’d survive the longest with no player intervention. (The snacks ensured they wouldn’t starve, and the lack of literally anything else kept them all in terrible moods so they’d fight autonomously.)

Man, I need to start up TS1 again. I’d totally forgotten about the crazy things like this we can’t pull off in the later games.
  • MintyMangoMintyMango Posts: 38 Member
    I played with all four games, but I never played long enough with one household to someone would die, until Sims 3. He was a vampire and when he finished with his work he stayed outside (and I didn't notice) so he burned to death. I was shocked and sad, and because I didn't want to lose the father in my game I created his perfect clone and put back to the game XD
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't think I ever had a sim die in TS2. As for TS4 it was Hysteria
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • tiny_ikaratiny_ikara Posts: 200 Member
    Being spooked by a ghost to death.
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    Old age. I cried. In my defense i was only a kid...
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I think my first ever sim death was in sims 2 and it was due to old age, but my first unnatural death was a vampire dying from sunlight cause i didn't realize that the sims 2 vampire had to be in a coffin during the day cause they burned up even if they were in the house.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Starvation, but I did it on purpose because I wanted a ghost haunting the house ahaha This was in TS2.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Just like most players, it was ether a fire or starvation. I think I lost kids to the military school first though lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Classic starve to death in a footless room. It was my sim self too. What? It was my first time playing. Obviously I was going to make myself first... And obviously I was going to get curious about what happens when sims die.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top