Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims need to be able to claim computers

I play lots of roommates who, yes, share a room and they each have their own desk but they always just use whichever and it's incredibly annoying. It's also frustrating at work lots since they won't you the desk you especially decorated for them.

Comments

• SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    They can't even get bed-claiming to work right... how do you figure they'll make computer-claiming functional?
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    They can't even get bed-claiming to work right... how do you figure they'll make computer-claiming functional?

Broken bed claiming is killing me, so I’m not even dreaming about claimed computers:(
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited August 2018
    Sims in ts2 knew which bed was theirs by memory. One night in a bed and they would choose that bed the next time automatically. My sims in 4 sleeps all over and I often find the teenage son sleeping next to his mother lmao xD hmmm maybe that is what leads to the famous incest bug xD
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    bed claiming works for me..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I just put gates around them and lock them for everyone but the sim who owns it
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I want to add desk claiming in general. It bugs me when I have kids who decide to do their homework at their sibling's desks instead of the one in their room. Or they leave the room with the desk in and go sit on the sofa downstairs to do it. While we're talking about computers, I wish you could password them so you don't get Sims visiting and being antisocial playing on your computer the entire time!
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Ideally, I would like sims to be able to claim computers, desks, dining chairs, armchairs, baths and showers (loos would probably be counterproductive) and maybe even stoves (useful if you want to create a separate granny flat for the elders). I would settle for computers, though, because, like the OP, this is the one that bugs me the most.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I'm locking bedroom doors. But the computer is the main reason for intruders, and I'd love to be able claiming those computers! The worst is the guests or even he maid (if greeted), seems weird that they rush to a computer. (They can easily check SimBook on their phone, right?)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    I just put gates around them and lock them for everyone but the sim who owns it

This may work but it absolutely should NOT be necessary. Nor should locking bedroom doors be for things like making sure Sims go to their own bed. This is really pretty basic stuff.
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    Wow~ That's a great idea! In all the years of playing sims and running into computer problems like this, i'd never thought of that and never seen anyone else ever mention it. Smart person! It would be great to see it implemented.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I'd love to see this implemented. I usually assign a computer to each family member with the kid's computers in their rooms and the parents computers in the den.