Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 and TS3

I got a new PC about a week ago and i finally was able to play Sims 3 for the first time in years. And The Sims 3 has WAY more features than the Sims 4. I just really wish that they brought these features back in the Sims 4. I really enjoyed playing the sims 3 and that would be awesome if they brought it back to Sims 4.

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Maybe they will. They said they were never going to have toddlers in Sims 4, but they did, and they did a really good job of it, according to what my friend who plays Sims 4 told me. Maybe they'll add some of the other features you like one of these days.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I hope so too, Ive started back playing TS3 and don't play the TS4 because of having too many issues that affect my game. But if it had all of the features I like from TS3 I would try it more to be honest.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Open World and Create-a-Style are what I miss the most in Sims 4. And the ability to Edit the town. Until Sims 4 has those I will not be playing it.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I am hoping there will be a sims 5 in the near future. Then they could add everything back that they didn't have in the sims 4 like open worlds and cars.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    No cars is just a shame. I couldn't belive it since I haven't played TS4 yet, but yeah, no cars...
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Open World and Create-a-Style are what I miss the most in Sims 4. And the ability to Edit the town. Until Sims 4 has those I will not be playing it.

Agreed with what you said, I wish it was like that too.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Maybe they will. They said they were never going to have toddlers in Sims 4, but they did, and they did a really good job of it, according to what my friend who plays Sims 4 told me. Maybe they'll add some of the other features you like one of these days.

It's sad that they have to patch in base game features found in previous Sim titles.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Happy Simming :D I really hope you enjoy rediscovering TS3, there is so much content to suit everyone. I understand one of the Gurus has said the life of TS4 has been extended so there is still time for some of the TS3 features to be brought back. What would be disappointing would be seeing such features scaled back because of the limitations of the new gaming engine they introduced with TS4. Perhaps it might be better to hope they can come up with some new features which make TS4 a more interesting and immersive game to play.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • DuskmournDuskmourn Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm actually a bit enraged they're extending 4's life span and not doing a 5 already. 4's engine is just fundamentally limited to the point where it'll never be able to be a true successor to 3, not to mention 3 already had 100x more content by this point in it's lifespan then 4 does right now, so extending it by 3 years just tells me they want to milk it and nickel and dime every small piece of content even more until we can even hope for a 5, which would take time and effort versus an easy cash grab of adding more endless DLC to 4. The sad thing is the Sim community is the only gaming community out there that would tolerate something like this, lots of simmers don't play many other games and aren't in the scene that much to really understand why 4 is garbage and that they're being played for their money by EA. Yes The Sims has already had tons of expansions and DLCs, but 4 is just ridiculous while adding a bunch of nothing for more money compared to past entries. I understand people's frustrations of wanting 4 to go on so they can actually get the promised content every past entry had by this point, but really it's just a massive money sink for a subpar game made from the scrapped remnants of an online only game no one wanted, not a true fleshed out Sim game.
    I never tire of the Sims 3. There is always something to keep me interested in the game. I can play for hours. I love having an open world, cars and I always give my sims 2 or 3 horses. That is something I would dearly miss in the sims 4 not having horses in my game.
    edited August 2018
    Duskmourn wrote: »
    I'm actually a bit enraged they're extending 4's life span and not doing a 5 already. 4's engine is just fundamentally limited to the point where it'll never be able to be a true successor to 3, not to mention 3 already had 100x more content by this point in it's lifespan then 4 does right now, so extending it by 3 years just tells me they want to milk it and nickel and dime every small piece of content even more until we can even hope for a 5, which would take time and effort versus an easy cash grab of adding more endless DLC to 4. The sad thing is the Sim community is the only gaming community out there that would tolerate something like this, lots of simmers don't play many other games and aren't in the scene that much to really understand why 4 is garbage and that they're being played for their money by EA. Yes The Sims has already had tons of expansions and DLCs, but 4 is just ridiculous while adding a bunch of nothing for more money compared to past entries. I understand people's frustrations of wanting 4 to go on so they can actually get the promised content every past entry had by this point, but really it's just a massive money sink for a subpar game made from the scrapped remnants of an online only game no one wanted, not a true fleshed out Sim game.

I didn't know this. I hate to hear it. I am like you I was so hoping for a Sims 5. What are they trying to do, add everything back into the sims 4 that should have been there to start with? That would take an excessive amount of EP's. Why don't they just make a sims 5 with the looks of the sims 4 but have an open world and everything that was lacking to begin with. I always thought the sims 4 was a messed up game and just didn't compare with sims 2 or 3. I was so disappointed when it was released and I found out what little it contained. I guess I will continue to play the sims 3 until they decide to make a sims 5 and make it worth buying.

• yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2018

QFT

TS4 is a lot like TSM tbh. Great for play through 1-2 times. But lack of originality, repetitious TS3 themes, lack of TS3 customization from CAW/CAP/color wheel/open world dynamic, poor sandbox immersion, and ridiculous/forced (and unfunny) game mechanics (ie angry pooping, exaggerated sim walk styles, extreme difficulty for death by design like death by starvation, weeping trees really? and over the top sim reactions/animations etc) makes the game feel like a grind to play.

And just like TSM, completely forgettable afterwards

QFT

TS4 is a lot like TSM tbh. Great for play through 1-2 times. But lack of originality, repetitious TS3 themes, lack of TS3 customization from CAW/CAP/color wheel/open world dynamic, poor sandbox immersion, and ridiculous/forced (and unfunny) game mechanics (ie angry pooping, exaggerated sim walk styles, extreme difficulty for death by design like death by starvation, weeping trees really? and over the top sim reactions/animations etc) makes the game feel like a grind to play.

And just like TSM, completely forgettable afterwards

Wow, I really didn't know all that. I knew about the stupid goofy walks but the other like weeping trees is new to me. You make me glad I never bought the sims 4. I never felt like I was missing anything. Usually everyone that plays it comes back to the Sims 3 eventually. The sims 3 just has that certain something that just keeps you coming back for more.

The circumstances for the sims series has changed considerably since TS3 was launched. The sims games are no longer a division of EA in their own right but have now been absorbed into the mobile division. TS4 is therefore the first multi platform game of the series and I suspect part of the life extension is to maximise profit from both the console and mobile game spin offs.

The launch of TS4 did bring a storm of protest from the existing fanbase. Many people have walked away from the series and others have gone back to playing (or never left off playing)TS2 and 3. Thank goodness those options were available. The storm of protest does not seem to have impacted on the company, other than the protest over lack of toddlers but there has clearly been a shift in focus for TS4 especially since certain individuals who headed up the TS4 development and production have been replaced. IMO. The extension then might also explain the rejigging of an already tight production schedule to bring in more items from previous iterations. So I really hope the OP gets the missing features from TS3 which would make TS4 a better game for them. Though as you say the limitations of the new game engine may prove an issue so we are unlikely to see open worlds, terrain tools, CASt, larger animals such as horses, lounge chairs etc. All the things we took for granted in earlier iterations.

As for DLC this is nothing new to the sims series. TS3 even has it's own store. As I had pointed out to me recently by @yoshi_dragur2012 the use of DLC is part of EA's business strategy and it is very unlikely to change. I would also say that some simmers really enjoy TS4 and naturally want more for their game, just like the rest of us with TS2 and 3. Who doesn't like spending money on their hobby when they have it to spend ?
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • DuskmournDuskmourn Posts: 9 New Member
    It has been part of their business model, which I said in my first post although not worded greatly. But 4 just takes it to a while new level of absurdity, having the first DLC in the series thats made as an addon for another DLC, along with tons of game packs, which are analogous to 3's stuff packs, but with seemingly less content overall with lower quality and effort put in, along with them being way more frequent then 3's stuff packs. The Sims 3 Store content is sort of different, it wasn't sold in stores for a full expensive price like 4's stuff is, if anything 4's game packs are much closer to TS3's store content, but with a heftier price tag. I mean come on, does doing Laundry deserve it's own full price DLC (it was 10$ I believe?) and to not just be included in a much bigger expansion for a reasonable, and normal expansion price? The way 4's DLC is all piece mealed can only means it's to squeeze out more profit instead of delivering proper expansions for reasonable prices.

No other game makes me as upset as TS4, probably because I'm upset one of my favorite games, TS3, is supposed to be superseded by this game that's nothing more then a Pay To Win phone game, going back to what @yoshi_dragur2012 that's it's essentially just a nicer looking rehash of The Sims Freeplay, and near identical to The Sims Mobile which is supposed to be the watered down version of 4 for phones.
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Duskmourn PREACH!!!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 3 is a greater experience :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    The Sims 3 is a greater experience :smile:

yeah i'd rather play that
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

@Duskmourn I did not know this, where did you hear this or see this.
    There are nice things about both games, It is to bad that they did not keep Sims 3 and add some of the good things from sims 4, I do like the build mode. and that they can do two things at the same time in sims 4. But I favor sims 3. It seems more realistic. I love the open world. and so much more.
    Hello @Evalen I believe one of the gurus said on Twitter that the life of TS4 was being extended. It was said around the time we had all that speculation about TS4 finishing so presumably it was to counter the rumours.

There are quite a few players who enjoy features from both games. I agree some of the build features from TS4 would be lovely to have in TS3 such as automatic foundations. For me though I cannot do without my open world and CASt so I remain with TS3.

Sim enim est vita
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Hello @Evalen I believe one of the gurus said on Twitter that the life of TS4 was being extended. It was said around the time we had all that speculation about TS4 finishing so presumably it was to counter the rumours.

There are quite a few players who enjoy features from both games. I agree some of the build features from TS4 would be lovely to have in TS3 such as automatic foundations. For me though I cannot do without my open world and CASt so I remain with TS3.

There are a lot of posts on here about how builders are ignored in Sims 4.

However an automatic foundation would be nice to have.

I'd also like the search option in Buy/Build, my miscellaneous Buy décor is huge and it takes a while to find anything. Luckily I've played for so long I pretty much know where everything is.

Thanks everyone, well if they extend it I sure hope they improve and open the worlds. the towns are small and it would be nice to be able to go anywhere in each section. How hard could that be.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Evalen, hard to say on that. With the Glass Box engine powering TS4, I'm not sure what the limitations are with that and whether it will involve re-coding the whole world so to speak in order to facilitate Sims being able to travel to and from any location in the world without a loading screen. I suspect it would have to be a lot; because every lot right now in TS4 is subject to loading as other lots are not considered active in game until the player clicks on it. And that's the MAIN beef that I have with TS4 over TS3.

That is the main reason why I don't resent the long pre-game loading screen in TS3. It's the fact that the WHOLE world is loading at one time so that we can traverse the entirety of the world-map freely.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer That's why I wish they had done a mix between the two and used a cell system like most other open world games. Where each section is it's own cell that is loaded fully when your sim is there and when they get close to the next cell, it loads quietly in the background while the current one shuts down when your sim leaves it. It's the best of both worlds. You feel like it's a seamless open world without loading screens, but the computer only has to worry about one or two cells at a time. That was 3's downfall, the game lagged so much because it had to load/run EVERYTHING (every object, sim, pattern, etc.) at all times. If they used a cell system, not only would that not be a problem, but we'd also be able to have massive sized worlds with thousands of Sims in them.