Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please - we need a way to combine community lot categories

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
edited August 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This game has way too few lots to find room for all the possibilities! When you own several packs, you will have way more categories than lots.

Example: San Myshuno has neither retail, restaurants, nightclubs (for dancing) nor cafes! What kind of city would lack any of those?

Would it be possible to make the lot categorizing (tagging) more detailed? Like assigning certain areas of a lot for a certain lot category? Rooms are unites, couldn't they have tags? Or sections? Or simply a possibility to add separate catagory tags per floor?

It would help greatly if a build could have say retail on ground floor, dancing on top floor, and perhaps bowling in basement.

Or a shopping mall could have room/area specific tags, allowing us to combine ie retail, bakery, café and karaoke on the same floor. Even 2 categories per lot or floor would help the case!

OR - let the objects themselves attract visitors. Now the game is programmed ion a way that visitors to a lot will only care about the activities related to main lot category. They will totally ignore a karaoke machine placed on a lot branded as BAR. How weird is that? A café counter will get ignored on a lot branded as retail. Your active sim can use any item, but NPCs will not.

Could you give these mechanisms some love and care, please? :) It would make the entire game more enjoyable.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Built a mall in The Sims 2 that has everything you can think of, it functions without problems and is jam packed with sims, teens, adults and elders. The teens seem to really like the arcade hall =D I hope they will make this possible again, if not in 4 at least in 5.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes! I would love to have this so much.
    From the basics like a bar/restaurant or a home/small store to the most random combinations like a karaoke/swimming pool or a bowling alley/spa
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.