Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery being sorted by "Popular Now" by default is a problem

Comments

• caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited August 2018
    8jtt8XG.png
    they will revert it to newest again :)
    he/him
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    @FlpAmaral thank you so much for sharing this information so quickly! You rock ;) Also, a big grateful thank you @SimGuruKate for coming here to check on this forum post and give most of us here some much needed relief. I'm not sure if my tweet to you earlier brought you over here but if so I am very happy you took my "heads up" tweet to heart too <3 I will keep repeating to myself that this gallery overhaul is not a sprint, it's a marathon and continue practicing my patience ;)
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• LordkiribatiLordkiribati Posts: 201 Member
    thank you very much simgurus! great to know you heard our feedback :D
  • NindessaNindessa Posts: 29 Member
    @SimGuruKate We thank you, and the other Gurus, for listening to our concerns. :)
    ~When life gives you lemons, make orange juice! :) ~
    Origin ID: Nindessa
    Please visit my Basegame Sims Showcase!
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited August 2018
    Oh someone beat me to it! But yes, SimGuruGrant has just confirmed that it will be switched back to "Newest" in a future update. I can't share the exact date it will happen, but it won't happen in this Thursday's patch.

Thank you so much to everyone who provided feedback and insight on this!

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know! :)@SimGuruKate
  • kass17kass17 Posts: 92 Member
    Thank you @SimGuruKate to considere this point. I'm very glad about it :)
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you @SimGuruKate and all the other simgurus for listening to our concerns and responding! :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Artemisa02Artemisa02 Posts: 258 Member
    @SimGuruKate you are awesome!! haha thanks for come here and letting us know ♥♥♥
    anime_girl_signature_by_marisascarlet-d480fmk.jpg
    My original ID @Artemisa02
    For more check out my blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/artemisa02
    Check my Workshop
    MY WORKSHOP BY ARTEMISA02
  • NindessaNindessa Posts: 29 Member
    Lately, I've been observing another issue... People spamming new Sims in the Gallery. Like, posting 10 or more Sims right in a row.

Now, I understand the desire to be noticed, but pumping out so much stuff that you're the only one seen on the first part of the "Newest" page is just unnecessary.
    ~When life gives you lemons, make orange juice! :) ~
    Origin ID: Nindessa
    Please visit my Basegame Sims Showcase!
  • GatochwegGatochweg Posts: 22 Member
    I do that sometimes. Not to get noticed but because I'm planning to delete my sims 4 folder and start over. I dump everything that I want to keep and haven't shared yet on the gallery so i won't loose them.
    Glad newest is going to be default again. Maybe now it is time to think about how to make this a more appealing place for downloaders, because lets face it, if you were there strictly looking for a nice house to put your sim in which would you prefer, the good looking pictures of the good looking houses on the pop now page or the new page with its empty meadows, black blobs on a grey background, the green pictures of trees blocking the view etc.
    I think there should be an easy to find page with tips on how to make your upload more attractive. For instance letting beginners know that there is a button in builds with which you can set the time to daytime so viewers can actually see what you have build.
    And (very big plea to maxis) better screenshots . At the very least let the game take screens from the front, that is the side were sims spawn when they visit the lot.
    Sorry I realise that this might not be the place for this. Just taking the opportunity to vent my biggest frustration with the gallery
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Hi everyone,

might be slightly off topic but as you have all watch the gallery so closely since it changed, I was wondering if I could get some feedback about this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Popular-now-section-in-disarray/td-p/5820419

Do you guys still see wrong sorting and duplicate items ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Just looked at pop now page and didn't get any duplicates. But when I look at my own and other peoples favorites after a few rows it seems like I'm at the beginning again. Things being repeated over and over again. i regularly can't find things I'm looking for that I know must be there. Same with searching by item name or hashtag. Getting no results when I had results on the same search before.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Oh someone beat me to it! But yes, SimGuruGrant has just confirmed that it will be switched back to "Newest" in a future update. I can't share the exact date it will happen, but it won't happen in this Thursday's patch.

hehehehe sorry @SimGuruKate :lol: and thank u! :heart:
    he/him
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited August 2018

Yay! Thanks for listening and understanding :smile:
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Thank you to the gurus for listening to us. I believe this change will make the game better and more fair.
  • TehOpheliacTehOpheliac Posts: 17 Member
    Ironically, every time I visit the community gallery, it says there's no content -- and I don't have any filters selected at all. I think the gallery itself is broken, so I'm incredibly glad that I downloaded so much of it to my computer before they "upgraded" it.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Ironically, every time I visit the community gallery, it says there's no content -- and I don't have any filters selected at all. I think the gallery itself is broken, so I'm incredibly glad that I downloaded so much of it to my computer before they "upgraded" it.

The gallery has been especially glitchy the past few days. It was down entirely when I tried to use it yesterday afternoon.
  • TehOpheliacTehOpheliac Posts: 17 Member
    > @hyrulerose said:
    > TehOpheliac wrote: »
    >
    > Ironically, every time I visit the community gallery, it says there's no content -- and I don't have any filters selected at all. I think the gallery itself is broken, so I'm incredibly glad that I downloaded so much of it to my computer before they "upgraded" it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The gallery has been especially glitchy the past few days. It was down entirely when I tried to use it yesterday afternoon.

Same here on my end. It was especially annoying because I'd purchased and put together a new PC that I built, and I was trying to play the Sims 4 on it yesterday to make sure everything was working properly. It was the first game I played on it and it wasn't working properly, lol.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I don't like making the popular posts first too it keeps us from seeing the latest awesome posts. Why not do a tab called highlighted and put all the EA approved popular posts there. Change it up once a week or even once a month to new posts.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I rather the gallery be sorted to a blank page as default. When I open the gallery, everything slows down while all the default stuff is loading up. Then I have to guide my slowed mouse over to the sort by section to sort for what I am looking for.
  • SchnuckSchnuck Posts: 20 Member
    *Sigh* At this point, it would just be nice if the gallery worked properly. Time for another huge sorting/sync problem - lots not appearing where they should and when you make a bug report you get crickets. The gallery is a disaster.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

might be slightly off topic but as you have all watch the gallery so closely since it changed, I was wondering if I could get some feedback about this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Popular-now-section-in-disarray/td-p/5820419

Do you guys still see wrong sorting and duplicate items ?

I haven't seen this issue so far with Popular Now, but Most Popular continually loops the same households over and over if they're not at the top of the page already. Is that close?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • V_O_N_J_E_F_FV_O_N_J_E_F_F Posts: 3 New Member
    hi! just a quick question? is the issue updated? because im still getting the same issue here. I usually get 150-500 downloads when I share my builds but after the patch I would consider myself lucky if I get 1 download a day now. I dont have a huge follower and I just recently joined the gallery to share my creations, but seeing fewer downloads on my creations kind of discourage me to share my builds because I think they are less appreciated now. I just felt it is not fair that only those with huge following get their creations appreciated. Hope they just bring back the old gallery! :/