Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to banish the ugly townies off of The Sims franchise for all eternity + More customization

2...Next

Comments

• aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Or they could just pre-create townies for each world like in TS2 and TS3 or have a pool of pre-created townies instead of them being all randomly created and weird without real backstory like how it is currently in TS4

TS2 probably had the worst townies in terms of appearance though.
  • kesaiserriskesaiserris Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have created I think 130 something families some I play and some I don't. Some are the altered townies and some are just my own creations. I have noticed that the altered townies and my Sims are used for certain roles like landlords and vendors, mail men etc. But there seems to be something wrong with the Mixologist. Not only can't you alter the Mixologist because they lose their title and are replaced but they constantly change shifts (they are not on a normal shift rotation, they rotate constantly and I rarely see the same one). One club for one night generate 5 or more Mixologists because they only stay at the bar for a very short time frame. So I think some of the excessive generation is because of a glitch in that and possibly other positions where their shifts are set too short (better to set them like a full time job and assign each Mixologist a specific shift so they are working the same time every night), the turnover rate is just too high. I think the game should actually let us design our own Utility workers if we choose. Right now they have My Households and Other Households I think they should add a Utility Worker category where the game presets the necessary skils and requirements so that they can fulfill those roles but that you can alter their appearance and name (sometimes the names are insane and there are a lot of repeated names) if you choose without causing issues. I also think if you marry the Mixologist say they should keep their career and their skills unless you choose to quit their job on adding them to the family.

So I have been thinking the issue might be that Mixology is not a proper career, so Sims can't actually be assigned they can only moonlight which is probably why the game has to generate so many because they literally only perform the task for a very brief time, not like a proper 8 hour job. If they change that alone that would cut down on the massive amount of game generated Sims.
    Post edited by kesaiserris on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Just follow these simple steps:

1. Go to manage worlds
    2. Go to manage households
    3. Go to other households
    4. Hit that sweet sweet delete button and add your own townies until they stop spawning... thank goodness for the gallery.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    Interesting idea, but I can't worry about the Townies' looks.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't like the random townies in the sims 4. They come with the most awful name combinations. I do have some mods to fix their outfits at festivals at least so I'm no longer seeing them with half costumes half normal clothes or lacking pants anymore.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    When I play vanilla I go into manage households and delete townies replacing them with my own or gallery sims. Otherwise I use Mccc to use my own sims randomly. It is exciting to see who turns up and in what family combination. That said I only set it to 75% my own sims. I love getting new fashion combinations and sim body looks very different from my own for diversity. At least 5 of my favourite sims were just random game generated townies.I even treasure some of their more eccentric looks because it makes them who they are.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The MCCC mod now has the option to use Sims from your game library as townies and their outfits. This has made my townies at least look better, unfortunately, they still have a lot of bad traits and wierd aspirations, lots of vampire wanna be's, also they tend to be adults instead of young adults by default, but at least they look normal.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    I like all the Sims. Sometimes their clothing choices need make overs though, so I will do that but I would never wipe out a world of people even in a game to just have beautiful people - that is a bit too harsh for me as let's face it where does that planet exist? Also some of the sweetest, nicest people I have had the privilege to know absolutely could never win a beauty contest but in their own kind and nice ways it makes them beautiful.

Looks does not make a person beautiful - behavior does - in my book.

So no - I will give them new clothes to pick from but they are as the game made them. Sure I make Sims as well and many are pretty - many are based on my real friends and family though - so I just made them look as they do because that is what they look like. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would not mind options to decide how many townies the game should generate and of what kind and dlc they should use, that would make the townies look a bit less crazy. The game could also use some sort of system which uses the same, or similar color for all clothes so we do not end up with such crazy colors.

I think if the game just picked between premade outfits that would be the best, like 100 premade outfits that the game just picked from. That would be enough variation and no crazy color combinations.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    I just want my story sims that came with the game to eventually have off spring and those could be my future neighbors
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    I mean, I definitely would love to have items like the clown shoes for instance to not pop up on any townies. But at the same time, I like the variety, and it in a way feels more real to me to have some people with... Bad fashion sense, ha.
    37mfj.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @RamiSamii I know in real life we have ugly people, bad fashion sensed people, but there's no one walking around with clown shoes, roman helmet and underwear on rl. That's whats most annoying.
    Just follow these simple steps:

1. Go to manage worlds
    2. Go to manage households
    3. Go to other households
    4. Hit that sweet sweet delete button and add your own townies until they stop spawning... thank goodness for the gallery.

Do they ever stop spawning? I have given makes overs to more than 100 townies in my game. I have NPC Control mod installed and some how they still keep spawning. I absolutely despise this system for creating random townies. Like why is there not a limit?
    edited February 2020
    @Sharonia no, they don't stop spawing if you just follow nerdfashion tips. I want a modless way to assign which sims I want working as npcs, and to stop the game from generating new ones. I know they can add a notification when the game is lacking someone, like if a npc died and I had to replace it.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    This really needs to be a thing.
    Sims need to be created every now and then by REAL people. Either the devs or the community. They can be added in a bowl and maybe with every update they can be added to our game. I also like the gallery to have a button where it can drop in some created sims by the community (EA approved) into our game. Maybe we can set filters, desires etc. for our specific games to what type of sims are welcome and what not.
    Like this, I think every game stays unique, but up to date with matching and REAL sims.
    @FurSimsOfficial they should add the gallery sims as npc/townies, most of them are related to their packs job. Like this family here is related to the Get Famous npc jobs: https://www.ea.com/pt-br/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AE53D720413A11E981AE7E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=maxis&max=50&maxis=false

Then, they should also make a NPC Jobs tab where we can assign a male and female sim for each job, because at some point even the premade npcs will die in this game and will need to be replaced.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I like my townies just the way they are. :)
    edited February 2020
    @iliekponiez There's no premade townies in the game, only premade families and randomly generated townies. Also, I don't get why people who like randomly generated townies going againts this idea/discussion. Its ok if you like them, but some people would like to customize them and not have them being replaced/culled or randomized all the time. The idea is a feature for us who want to have control over them to be able to customize them, assign each one to their jobs, etc...
    I am talking about the random maids, doctors, mail carrier, movie directors, etc...
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Random townies generated by the game bug me a lot. I just wish the game had an option to turn random townie generation off. If that means certain professions wouldn't work, food stalls wouldn't open, or there are no mixologists available to tend a bar etc., the game could just give a prompt saying I need to add more sims to the unplayed households list. This should also give us better control on which sim gets to fill what purpose and design these sims ourselves: The game needs a father winter, you make one in cas. And because you get to make the winter person, you now have the opportunity to get a mother winter in game (instead of having to go through the tedious process of getting female offspring for father winter that may or may not take over his job). Tired of Jasmine popping op to coordinate occasional challenges in game (I am). Have Jasper, her twin brother, handle it from now on. Starting a sim on the police career, select which ones of the unplayed sims you made get to be the chief and the rest of their colleagues etc. Preventing townie generation would also make playing a world with a specific set of sims possible, like they're cut off from the rest of the world.
    edited February 2020

I honestly wouldn't mind them if they didn't look like a closet just threw up all over them. I gave a lot of them outfit makeovers in my game instead of just deleting them. There are actually some cute sims hiding underneath all the random clothing disasters.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

So do I! I love seeing their interesting outfits!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    @Sharonia I usually give them new outfits, cuz... come on... they don't have bad taste, they jsut don't have any taste at all and dress real crazy everytime.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    The main thing I don’t like about the random townies is their names. More often than not, they have Asian names, but I like to imagine the game taking place in America or Europe. Some of them don’t even look Asian and they’ll still have an Asian name! I also don’t like bizarre genetic combinations, like black townies with Elmo-red hair.