Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    BMSO wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    BMSO wrote: »
    I know this is a double post but I have found out that the best way to get the wise old man to stop meditating and gain his knowledge is to pour tea, this also works if you cheat him to your lot as long as you have a tea set.
    27200809187_89e61bbfa5_o.jpg

This reminds me I was looking all over for that tea object so my Sims can pour tea in a community lot I was going to build. I built one years ago but no longer have that file. Where is it located? I have looked all over for the tea object. lol :/ Couldn't find it in buy mode.

It's in misc Surfaces, I believe, in the same file with the vanities.

It is now. ;) I swear I looked and (new EA game files) I only saw the vanity stuff. Went back to my regular EA game file saves and it was there. Must be my eyes.

Don't feel bad I'm terrible when it comes to finding things in the game. I can be looking for a specific deco object and go back to that area several times before finding it lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    Some stuff I’ve found.

...snip

The Golden anniversary party is only available to elder sim couples who have never cheated on each other.

Not exactly... I had a couple, along with Simslice's beer mod. Hubs as always faithful. Wifey got drunk around 9am one morning and proposed to the papergirl. She has the memory of having had an affair, but she was still able to have an anniversary party and fulfilled her lifetime wish of Golden Anniversary.

And here's my addition to the Tip Pool:

Downtownies are basically the same as Townies, except they only appear Downtown and they tend to have more skills and higher jobs (usually level 6 or better).
  • BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    exyurock wrote: »
    This is why I love TS2... The BEST attraction system in the series, even if a Sim is attractive, it's up to the game whether your Sim and them have chemistry!

I agree! Sim attraction is based on more than looks... Sims 2 Sims are just "deeper" than their later counterparts. I love the Chemistry system.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Today I discovered that child sims cry if they catch their parents arguing. :(
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited June 2018
    I found out you don't lose* Best Friends Forever as friend counts for jobs even if they're no longer friends or best friends. O.O
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I found out if two BFFs have a love spat/cheated, the other will say something like "I don't want to talk to you' lol if the one who cheated approaches the betrayed Sim or tries to call them. 'Leave me alone' Though they will eventually go back to being nice to each other.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I didn't know until tonight that you can teach a cat to use the toilet, I've never seen the option before. Perhaps it doesn't show up if you already have a litter box? My Sim was befriending a stray cat and the option to teach him the command "use toilet" came up. He left immediately after he learned it, but he did. lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    So I don’t think I ever chose the aspiration reward of “investing” for a sim. In fact, on other Sims that have “fortune” as a path to choose, they don’t have that option. Anyway, One of my retired Sims wanted to use up those aspirations points so I chose it with no idea what would happen. Apparently each day, there is a possibility of making or losing part of the family money because of these investments that happen by themselves with no input from me. Today, the family got a 15k bump in their already sizable fortune which is already around 400k. Looks like they’ll be getting a fancy new car soon!
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited June 2018
    The investment thing is really fun. For every sim in your household who has it, the more likely they are to earn money.
    edited June 2018
    I just discovered that if you have all three universities associated with one neighborhood, you can join ANY of the Greek Houses.

I didn't know before because I always associated one university with each neighborhood. But, recently I've been playing with a custom, cleaned neighborhood I made (I have mods that make it so only necessary NPC's are spawned and any other Sims have to be added by me). With my files now being so much less cluttered I decided I could add all the vacation destinations and universities. I re-created the Greek House members and put them in, and had my Sim, who is attending Sim State join one. She accidentally joined the one at La Fiesta Tech. That's one method for switching colleges I guess.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    I only found out a few days ago that you could put things in the fridge and serve them as leftovers. Also, sims can make paper airplanes out of the newspaper.
    You can invite another Sim you are friends with to pledge your Greek house. While they are pledging you can influence them to do all sorts of stuff without needing influence points. I've got a pledge doing all of the cleaning right now.
  • OhItsASimmerOhItsASimmer Posts: 121 Member
    I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet but apparently, there are penguins? It just showed up randomly while my sim was at work and was gone before I could interact with it.
  • OriseinOrisein Posts: 27 Member
    > @Simeggrolls said:
    > -If you have all family members and toddlers in their seats they will all get served by whoever made the meal

I didnt catch this one, is it real? I never see someone who made meal will serve it to other sims
    Facebook - koisein
    Twitter - orisein
    Tumblr - Orisein
    edited July 2018
    Orisein wrote: »
    > @Simeggrolls said:
    > -If you have all family members and toddlers in their seats they will all get served by whoever made the meal

I didnt catch this one, is it real? I never see someone who made meal will serve it to other sims
    I've never tried having them sit first, so I don't know. I'll have to try it out and get back to you.
    Related to that, I'm not sure how they choose, but I've often found my Sims will ignore dining tables and set places at a bar or patio table. In the winter I find myself deleting patio tables so they are forced to set the dining table and not eat out in the cold.

Edit: The answer is no. Tried it, and it didn't work. My Sim serving the meal completely ignored his wife at and daughter sitting at the table and set omelettes in front of two empty chairs instead. Then, grabbed a plate and ate at the couch.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • GrandmaJaneyGrandmaJaney Posts: 33 Member
    Dear All

Thank you so much for all of these wonderful discoveries that you have shared with the community. It warms my old heart to see this. I have been playing the sims 2 for over a decade now and I cant believe that I didnt know some of these things. Again, I cannot thank all of you enough.

Grandma Janey
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @JULES1111 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You can pet the Penguin and leave fish out for it... that's about all. I don't remember if the shoo option is there. :)

Wait what? How do you leave fish out for him? :o I have never done that! I love that little guy!

When he visits, put some fish down from their inventories- they'll find it. They normally walk into houses and jump at any hanging fish to let you know they want some. :)

I had it happen for the first time ever in my game last year and it blew my mind that I had never seen that before. What a sweet detail! I managed to catch lots of pictures because the penguin is one of my favorite things ever and I go crazy with screenshots whenever I see him waddling up :smile:

https://mortia.tumblr.com/post/165525672232/i-had-placed-a-fish-from-josefs-inventory-on-the

Loved your shots, and not just the adorable penguin. How did you do those Nordic/medieval sets? Am presuming CC, but what and where found?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Teens will slid down any staircase, not just the spiral ones.

I've had vampires fry while inside a room with no windows. The key thing for TS2 vamps is the time of day, not just where they are. If you want to keep them on this side of the grass put them into a coffin as soon as it's daylight, if not a bit before.

I really like how a sim when cooking will open drawers/doors on counters to get the utensils and pans they need.

When cold weather comes around, ghosts will appear in outerwear.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Teens will slid down any staircase, not just the spiral ones.

I've had vampires fry while inside a room with no windows. The key thing for TS2 vamps is the time of day, not just where they are. If you want to keep them on this side of the grass put them into a coffin as soon as it's daylight, if not a bit before.

I really like how a sim when cooking will open drawers/doors on counters to get the utensils and pans they need.

When cold weather comes around, ghosts will appear in outerwear.

To add onto the vampires. The rate at which they die from sun exposure changes. They'll die faster outside than inside.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited August 2018
    I have discovered that it is easier to sell a ridiculously expensive food bowl (which doesn't even cost over 500 simoleons) than ridicoulously expensive fish tank (Which costs between 4,000 and 5,000 simoleons). The maximum custom prize you can place is 999,999 simoleons. Showing a very expensive object to a sim may lead to that sim telling that they can't afford it.
    So sims mostly do care about the numbers in the price than whether it's described as expensive or not.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • simsterlyrocksimsterlyrock Posts: 28 Member
    Something I just noticed the other day is that when it's raining, you can actually see the rain running down the roof. I was so distracted by that that I almost missed my Sim getting abducted. :D
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    Something I had completely forgotten was just how interactive the sims are with their environment. Carlos Contender needed to repair his computer, so he straight up pulled it out, turned it around, and got to work. He got tired halfway through because he has a low repair skill, and so he left to watch TV -- and the computer was still turned around!!! These small things never cease to amaze me.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    > @Simeggrolls said:

I've never tried having them sit first, so I don't know. I'll have to try it out and get back to you.
    Related to that, I'm not sure how they choose, but I've often found my Sims will ignore dining tables and set places at a bar or patio table. In the winter I find myself deleting patio tables so they are forced to set the dining table and not eat out in the cold.

Edit: The answer is no. Tried it, and it didn't work. My Sim serving the meal completely ignored his wife at and daughter sitting at the table and set omelettes in front of two empty chairs instead. Then, grabbed a plate and ate at the couch.

Hmm I’ve definitely had the serve meal option work before. I’ll have to try it again.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    > @Simeggrolls said:

Hmm I’ve definitely had the serve meal option work before. I’ll have to try it again.

Had my sims sit at the table and the Father serve them their meals, it worked with no issues.
    edited August 2018
    > @Simeggrolls said:

Had my sims sit at the table and the Father serve them their meals, it worked with no issues.

Perhaps it's dependent on the serving Sim's personality or something? I've tried it a few times since my post and my Sims still always just serve empty spots at the table.

I downloaded two mods from Moninque on Mod the Sims that help. One is the coffin caller. It queues up "go to coffin" automatically in the morning and it keeps queuing it until they actually do it. The other makes motives decay slowly during the day as long as vamps stay indoors. As soon as they go out, they decay quickly as normal.
    I also downloaded vampire friendly careers from MTS. They don't fulfill the career lifetime wants, but if you don't care about their career choice, these allow them to work all the same jobs as other Sims on a night shift. I don't have them, but I'm pretty sure I've also seen night class and college mods for them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top