The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you play Sims?

Comments

• lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    I play because it's basically like playing with dolls, like controlling them, plan out the plots etc., Overall, this game is the best.
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Love being the god of my own virtual dollhouse. It's kind of therapeutic just being able to relax and watch their antics and create a story out of what goes on between them as it unfolds
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I love telling my own stories and letting my creativity run wild in game.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    Many reasons.

For one thing, the game is sentimental to me. My grandfather bought me my first computer and The Sims 1 for my birthday as a kid. He was super excited about it because the lady at the store told him that the game was a “dollhouse simulator”, and I had addictivly played with barbies since I was a toddler and was arriving at the age that I was starting to outgrown playing with them. I loved the game immediately, and when he would visit we would play together; him guiding me to build and decorate different houses and reminding me to keep an eye on the sim’s needs. He passed away several years ago, but I think of him every time I play. Especially now because I think he would be so amazed with all the cool stuff you can do in the game these days.

I also play as a creative outlet. I love decorating houses and working on my building skills. I love telling stories with my sims. It also really helps me relax and unwind.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Speaking of TS2 here: Relax after a trying day of work and commuting, writing complex stories with illustrations, sort of like doing graphic novels (am also a writer, though not my main occupation), building all sorts of things that TS4 can't even imagine. Recently finished a functioning heliport, turned Pleasantview into a Victorian town, and other fun stuff. Will try TS4 from time to time, but it just can't hold my attention due to its shallowness, and the Florida swamp's worth of bugs kills off any remaining interest. No, I don't use mods/CC. The game has been plagued since before launch with: bad concept, poor engineering/construction, worse implementation, and greedy marketing. TS2 shines as the radiant gem, imperfect, but it runs well and you can do anything your imagination can devise within its technological boundaries.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    Tessgirls wrote: »
    I love Sims. Its like playing Dolls and House when I was a little girl- but with age and Sims it brings it to a completely different level!

Something similar to this. And I still collect barbie dolls. fun stuff.

Same. :)
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited August 2018
    I play it because it's one of the easiest accessible hobbies of mine ( I have better hobbies, but it takes time to do that). I work from home very long hours, so I need brakes from work where my mind is taken away from it, high level stress job). Even 15 minutes of the game helps me a lot. Plus I like to build. Even my husband is helping me to built new lots, we both have a nice 15-30 min. brakes from work sometimes.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I love the creativity aspect of the game. It's your little world that you can do whatever you want in it.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    I like to create unique sims and tell stories with them, experiment with different kinds of lifestyles from hobo to extreme luxury and anything in between, and last but not least, building houses.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    For fun. Just that ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    I’ve played it since the sims 1. It’s more like a hobby now.
  • SimGuruMrESimGuruMrE Posts: 35 SimGuru
    I play because I love to build and create... I can build in Build mode for hours designing the perfect house for whatever Sim I am playing... I will create a Family Sim and try to make rooms for 3 kids and have each room feel different.

I also love trying to get the skills up for each Sim so they all have more personality in their autonomy so the kids all feel different.

I also love with Seasons how I can recreate the holidays that I sometimes want to have more then once a year like Christmas in July...so I might not be able to sit in the middle of winter next to a warm fire but my sim can and that helps for some reason.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    Part of my own enjoyment of the Sims is to experience life that I can't in real life due to serious illness. I live vicariously through my Sims - because real life made it impossible for me, especially for the last 10 years.

In the early days before the Sims came out and I first learned Will Wright talking about them - it reminded me of my beloved childhood bookseries called The Borrowers. Then when I first saw the Sims as a tester for his new game - that's all I could think of was a more modern day version of the Borrowers. Instead of little people living under the floor board of human houses - they now got to have their own houses. I never was a big player of dolls and dollhouses even though I had collections of dolls and several Doll Houses - I never played with them - I would decorate the doll houses and make things for it - maybe even make my dolls new clothes - but playing with them like most girls did was never my interest. But I did love to create things for them - and just admire them on shelves - then I'd go read books and tried hard to picture my dolls as Borrowers and it just never worked. Then the Sims became a reality and I got to test it in 1999 - they were my Borrowers come to life.

So I was busy living life, doing everything everyone else did, and in between enjoying playing life with my Borrower Sims when I had the time - lol and then life itself took an abrupt turn - like a real life Series of unfortunate events - no sense rehashing it all - but through out it all - Sims seemed to make it bearable and has kept making it bearable...
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChizzyyChizzyy Posts: 2 New Member
    I play it so I can date all the members of BTS and see what my simself and Namjoon's babies look like XD
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    This is Necro'd from 5 years ago.
  • GalacticGalaxiesGalacticGalaxies Posts: 5 New Member
    Im an aspiring character concept creator, so I love making characters. I can't really get into the actual gameplay other then challenges... But I can spend hours on creating a sim. Also making my pre-existing characters (the ones I made in my sketchbook) it's just so fun!
  • RubyDooRubyDoo Posts: 153 Member
    For me, I’ve grown up with extremely bad anxiety and ALWAYS worry about things out of my control. I also have really bad self esteem so don’t really get out much. The Sims gives me complete control over every aspect of their little lives and it calms me down especially in times where I’m highly stressed out. It has also given me the opportunity to create whoever I want and express myself through my sims. I guess you could say I live through them because I am unable to in the real world.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I like games like RPGs like Skyrim where I level up, kill all the things, gather materials, craft armor and potions, but also have a home and mingle with the NPCs.

Sims is like that for me but minus killing all the things. I like to level all the skills, collect all the stuff, complete every aspiration, mingle with NPCs... but I can have a WAY cooler and more customizable home.

Also, in Skyrim, the world and NPCs are already made. You have to play with what you are given. But in sims I get to create the NPCs and the world. I like that.

It’s also kind of like Minecraft for me. In Minecraft I gather every plant and animal and bring them to my home lot to start a farm. Similar to how I garden in TS4.

I also create a treasure room in every one of my houses where I display every collectible as I get them. With the ultimate goal of getting everything single one.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Sometimes I make a house of 8 sims and work on maxing every single skill for all 8 of them as efficiently as possible. I don’t cheat, I get them to earn and buy every item for all 8 to level up. I don’t stop until all 8 are max at everything.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    For stress relief, but sometimes they end up making my stress levels higher instead of lower. :D
  • SimilliantSimilliant Posts: 4 New Member
    When I was younger I dabbled with all the tycoons and etc. but The Sims (1-4) has always been my constant and is the only game I currently play. It's one of my favorite creative mediums and not only allows me to stretch my imagination but also gives me an opportunity to incorporate my real life interests. There's just something so fun about building an entire world... from the houses, stores, characters, clothes, rules, and challenges, it's the ultimate tool for creating stories.
  • SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    For fun... that's the only reason I play any game.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    To fill my fun bar and lessen my tense/bored moodlets
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I guess back was in high school era at cyber cafe was bored happen to saw ts2 and was curious what it was about. Then I played it for a hour so I found of it kept going back there most very day till bought the game then on till now found it cool and interesting. So guessing was worth the play.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I love games, and I enjoy being creative.
    At one point I wanted to be an architect, so being able to design and build buildings was the main attraction.
    Telling stories came later.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds