Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I research Gardening on the computer, no option?

The problem is I have some sims who (not all in the same households) are in the Gardening career. They work from home, and I run into a slight issue when it tells me to research gardening on the computer. I see other options to research other stuff, just not gardening. I go to where I am suppose to, but there is not an option to do this. I have even checked other areas on the computer, but I don't see any options to research gardening. Is this a bug or am I just not looking in the correct area.

Comments

• foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Is their gardening skill high enough? They need to be at level 3 to research gardening.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Don't you have to click on a plant? Then you are given an option to research
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that's analyze plant for clicking on it. research is indeed on the computer
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    That's strange. There should be that interaction under the Web/Research for all sims. It is grayed out when your sim doesn't have enough gardening level. Try repairing the game through Origin and see what happens.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    that's analyze plant for clicking on it. research is indeed on the computer

Forgive me, but I beg to differ with you the word Research is used on the plant itself. You can access what the Sim learned by clicking on their cell phone and up at the top is their notebook. In the notebook you can see what they learned. But the job task the OP mentioned states to do this research on the computer and they're not finding it available.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's under Web/Research -- it shows up when you reach level 3. I think it gives a tiny boost to the skill you're researching, like gardening or a particular musical instrument.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you everyone, I'll check to see if my sims skills are high enough.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    might be a language/regional thing, but there is absolutely no 'research' on plants for my game:

4d4a427a401ac21a606393ca5a970f2e.png

here's a screenshot of the 'research' tab of the computer opened to show gardening as an option:

464f356ccd2ede75e2416e42cb46fee2.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    It'll actually show up on the computer as an option when clicking on Web and then Research once your Sim reaches Level 2 in the Gardening skill. They'll also get a Focused moodlet! :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    might be a language/regional thing, but there is absolutely no 'research' on plants for my game:

here's a screenshot of the 'research' tab of the computer opened to show gardening as an option:

Research on plants becomes Analyze when sim is in Gardener career in Botanist branch.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited August 2018

What Egon said.

wQzPUBZ.png
    p8L4V6v.png
  • RebelAngelRinRebelAngelRin Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having trouble with this as well. I have my Sim in the gardening career and she is supposed to get a head start by researching Gardening, she is level 5 in gardening.
  • RebelAngelRinRebelAngelRin Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a picture, but I'm not sure how to share it on here.