Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with autonomy on or off?

Comments

• ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    On all the way!
    I generally play with it on all the time unless I am trying to take family pictures. I like having sims walking around that I don't control. Lately though, I just started playing again a few days ago and I notice my sims keep canceling their queue (even when they are in the reds for something I told them to take care of or waking themselves up to go do something like play with a card table or watch tv when they don't need fun only to pass out or pee themselves. I just turned it off yesterday since that got to annoying.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Nope.. definitely nope. Nopedy nope.
    I not only have autonomy off, I also use several mods to nuke the last bits of unwanted autonomy that sneaked in all the time (reaction to bubble blower and going to the toilet when the need was deep red to name just two examples). I'm finally very happy with my game :)
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    On all the way!
    I agree with WildIrishBanshee! I keep mine on so they can take care of themselves and I like to watch their interactions. It would drive me insane
    to have to tell them when to eat and pee......etc
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt
    Do you have a link to the toilet mod?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    On all the way!
    When my grown daughter introduced me to the Sims2 and taught me how to play, she recommended that I play with autonomy off. I found out in the long run, however, that I just missed too many things that way. So, I now readily play with it slammed on all the way!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    On all the way!
    Unless I'm recording or taking specific pictures for my blog series etc, I alway have free will on. I hate seeing sims just standing there hanging, LOL. I check it "off" for the active sim though.

I noticed that sims have way too much free will even when it's switched off. While seated and chatting they will still desperately search for another seat, move there, and then search for yet another seat, all while they keep chatting. It seems less important whether they sit down turned away from the one they chat with, as long as they can switch seating. I should have added a LOL here, but not being able to switch off this restless behavior is a pain, pain, PAIN. Some times when it happens during recording or photo sessions, I scream out loud and decide never to play this game ever again. (all forgotten the next day, of course...)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    With my main Sim, off. With a large family of sims, on.
  • ZidienZidien Posts: 11 New Member
    On all the way!
    I always play with autonomy on. I am quite amused when I playing it unpredictable.
  • Feather_Feather_ Posts: 4 New Member
    On all the way!
    The game can be very hard if you have a big family and with autonomy off :)
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    On all the way!
    I love seeing my Sims doing weird stuff :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    @EnkiSchmidt

@Evie0602
    Here you go: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=602837
    The mod allows you to switch autonomy on or off for almost every action in game. It's not per object, but per action.
    Also it's worth noting that toilets and talking toilets have a different tuning. I took autonomy off normal toilets, but allow it for talking toilets at venues.

If you use McCommandCenter you do not need this mod, because the function is already included in Mc.
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    On all the way!
    Most of the time I play with full autonomy on. The household is big right now, so it can be a pain getting everyone together for a birthday or something. They also really really love dancing, but other than those two things... it can be entertaining. Plus it's cool to watch the teens hugging each other randomly. That and the kids tends to be very responsible and actually do their homework and extra credit without prompting. So, no need to revoke it.

Though, I'm curious to see how it would work with it off completely.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    On all the way!
    Thanks for voting everyone!!! :heart:
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    On all the way!
    @EnkiSchmidt

@Evie0602
    The mod allows you to switch autonomy on or off for almost every action in game. It's not per object, but per action.
    Also it's worth noting that toilets and talking toilets have a different tuning. I took autonomy off normal toilets, but allow it for talking toilets at venues.

If you use McCommandCenter you do not need this mod, because the function is already included in Mc.

Do you know where that setting is in MCCC?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• TessgirlsTessgirls Posts: 15 Member
    Off...I like to play them.
    @EnkiSchmidt

@Evie0602

Do you know where that setting is in MCCC?

First, you need the Mc Tuner module.
    There's a documentation how to use the function here: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/automation
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Autonomy off. My game, my rules, my control.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    On all the way!
    I like the autonomy. Sometimes it's VERY annoying but I like that it brings a little unpredictability.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    On all the way!
    I keep it on max all the time because they are supposed to be people with free will. I look at the interactions as "heavily suggested" notions. The only time I take it off is when the rare occasion comes up when a sim simply refuses to do something simple, which is almost never.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    On all the way!
    I have NEVER played with autonomy off. As I typically play families and have multiple sims to manage, I can't imagine how that would work if they didn't have the ability to do their own thing.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    With autonomy off.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    On all the way!
    I only turn it off when trying to do a paint from reference for the whole family. but even then the toddlers and others will only sit or stand for so long and there off. even with autonomy off. But for the rest of the play they do as they wish most of the time with a little nudging from me.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    There is the option in the setting to turn off autonomy for selected sim. So I have autonomy on full, but have that option clicked as well.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018
    Same as poster above, I play with autonomy set to Full, but for the single currently selected sim, off.

I like to have the household as a whole behave autonomously and just actively control the one sim I select. I also set my mouse thumb button to spacebar for quickly scrolling through sims in the household though, which means autonomy is kicking on and off a lot for them all.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I’m a control freak. I’ve repeatedly tried to let my Sims have free will (especially in big households) but they always end up doing stuff that’s annoying or makes a mess. I do a lot of pausing, issuing instructions and then unpausing.
    lgYUYx0.jpg