Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnant without "Trying for Baby?"

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    It's not supposed to happen, but it does on very rare occasions. This was the case in Sims 3, too.
  • Options
    GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member
    there's a simple explanation...
    AcmIneD.jpg

• Options
    IHasGamerIHasGamer Posts: 61 Member
    @GoldenBuffy Wasnt it summer holiday in that lp who got pregnant then it said should they keep dating or nah and they raised their daughter and had a son :disagree:
    <iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/lJTRIa1IVH7gc" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/kill-sims-lJTRIa1IVH7gc">via GIPHY</a></p>
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I suspect Sim-Jesus

I too think that conception was immaculate. o:)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    I got it too! I only get them WooHooing because the story I want to have for that generation is to be a single daughter, then one day mommy gets pregnant, without try-for-baby, and I got twins. So much for a single daughter. I get on with it and continued playing. I don't want to throw away my kids.

Oh, but they do some WooHoo automatically, but everytime I check their queues, it says woohoo, so I don't know.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    Not sure about that. ever checked on a house you made and found a kid out of no where? or that they have a love interest that you had nothing to do with? yeah,same here and makes me wonder if they are doing that on their own when you are not playing that house.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    JCStormy1JCStormy1 Posts: 67 Member
    It seems this is popping up (pardon the pun) again since the last update (June 2015) and/or since the hot tub woo hoo was implemented. I don't mind, overly, but since that wasn't my plan for this family the husband's going to be a monk for a looooooooooooong time, until it's fixed. :p
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2015
    JCStormy1 wrote: »
    It seems this is popping up (pardon the pun) again since the last update (June 2015) and/or since the hot tub woo hoo was implemented. I don't mind, overly, but since that wasn't my plan for this family the husband's going to be a monk for a looooooooooooong time, until it's fixed. :p

Aww, poor guy ... can't you just send the young'uns to "boarding school" later?
    Seriously though this did happen to me once so far. I was kind of stunned since I was sure I hadn't tried for baby. If it's a touch of realism though like a percentage thing 99% sure it won't happen. I kind of like that idea.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i read in the forums yesterday that a simmer was playing rotationally, and when she went back into one of her families her sim had twins and she did not make her pregnant before she left, she was actually single, and she was not downloaded from the gallery the simmer made her.
    Someone else also commented that she left her sim family and when she rotated back to them her sim was pregnant,
    so maybe some slight story progression has been added?

i do hope this is true!! i loved that part of TS3, i felt like i didn't have to babysit all my sims to make sure they got into a relationship and then had children, i liked being to just move the kids out when they hit Young Adult and knowing the game would generate them a boyfriend/girlfriend and children.

Now i can only play one family per save and only allow my sims to have 1 child, because i like getting the kids married and have their own life, but with lack of story prog. it's much more annoying.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    abbiecaabbieca Posts: 60 Member
    I had this problem. If you've got Get To Work it could be an alien abduction.

For me it was a mod to enable kids to help look after babies. Try checking any mods you've got. When the game updates so mods malfunction. Recently there's been a game update so I suggest that you check your mods.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    TupeanTupean Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2015
    Just experienced this "bug"! Lol, my sim is almost an elder, has two kids and were planning her retirement. . Then whopsie. . Love the idea of this NOT being a bug. Makes the game much more realistic ;)
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    I've had this a couple of times from woohoo only. I quite like it to be honest, more realistic!
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    If this isn't a bug... I will be so incredibly happy! Because it seems like it is some kind of tiny Story Progression and I've been wanting it in my game for a really long time. It hasn't happened to my own Sims so far, but fingers crossed!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Tupean wrote: »
    Just experienced this "bug"! Lol, my sim is almost an elder, has two kids and were planning her retirement. . Then whopsie. . Love the idea of this NOT being a bug. Makes the game much more realistic ;)

The Guru's said it was added on purpose.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    If this isn't a bug... I will be so incredibly happy! Because it seems like it is some kind of tiny Story Progression and I've been wanting it in my game for a really long time. It hasn't happened to my own Sims so far, but fingers crossed!

It's not a bug, the Guru's added it on purpose. I think they added it in order to male clubs in GT automatically WooHoo.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Tupean wrote: »

The Guru's said it was added on purpose.

They said that autonomous woohoo was added on purpose, not autonomous try for baby. And they said just this fall that the chance of pregnancy with woohoo is 0%.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Can't be 0 percent - as the Sims since Sims 2 has always had a small percent of accidental pregnancy in it. (it is real low I recall a Maxoid saying in Sims 2, and then a Guru saying in Sims 3 like .02 percent - or something like that - but it supposedly was never 0 percent. Although I have not seen any Guru comment on it for Sims 4, I still think it would be in there as something they just had always done. Maybe. LOL. I do know it happened to my sims during that woohoo week end challenge - where I finally allowed one couple to get married in my game). I know I did not want anything to do with my sims getting preggers because of the baby turning to child thing - and the only pregnancy in my game came from accidental woohoo with the only married couple I have in game. The woohoo night was my sims wedding night - even. Thanks to that I have had to play, when I play Sims 4 with aging off as the minute the baby boy was born - I shut off aging.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Can't be 0 percent - as the Sims since Sims 2 has always had a small percent of accidental pregnancy in it. (it is real low I recall a Maxoid saying in Sims 2, and then a Guru saying in Sims 3 like .02 percent - or something like that - but it supposedly was never 0 percent. Although I have not seen any Guru comment on it for Sims 4, I still think it would be in there as something they just had always done. Maybe. LOL. I do know it happened to my sims during that woohoo week end challenge - where I finally allowed one couple to get married in my game). I know I did not want anything to do with my sims getting preggers because of the baby turning to child thing - and the only pregnancy in my game came from accidental woohoo with the only married couple I have in game. The woohoo night was my sims wedding night - even. Thanks to that I have had to play, when I play Sims 4 with aging off as the minute the baby boy was born - I shut off aging.

Astonishingly, it can be 0 percent!

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well then - it must be a glitch and no point in me saving that game any further then. The glitch would surely corrupt the game then. I also see several other reports of woohoo pregnancy - so we all must have glitched games then - I guess. Hopefully they will fix it soon then if it is supposed to be 0 percent and another difference in Sims 4 not in previous Sims games. But thank you for asking.

Guess i will go reset my game - later.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BearwomanBearwoman Posts: 3 New Member
    It happened to me as well yesterday, I woohoo'ed with a bunch of people in the spa, and suddenly I was pregnant. (Was doing the serial romantic aspiration, not a freak FYI). So I know for a fact it is very much possible.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    faerielady wrote: »
    I didnt try for a baby. Her kids were mostly grown up and she was ready to move on in my story for her. Then She starts throwing up a lot. I wasnt sure why. Then the belly popped. I was ticked at first, but then I thought "Thats why *MY* kids are 19, 17, 13 and 6!" LOL

Nothing like a 'change of life' surprise! :D I did this on purpose to one of my Sims' families. Boy number four came when the only sister was in middle school. She was originally the 'baby' of the family. But, now she's old enough to babysit. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I love surprises like that! Wish for unexpected pregnancy in my game, too!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I love surprises like that! Wish for unexpected pregnancy in my game, too!

There are mods for that. I tend to keep the chance set around 5-10% using MCCC.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    I have MCC mod. I haven’t tried for a baby yet, and I have 3 toddlers by just woohooing :joy:
    I think I’ve put my risky woohoo up to 15 :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    rydenlrydenl Posts: 23 Member
    I think this is a great idea! Easily happens in real life and the game needs to be more like that as well.