Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim just got fired!

Idk why I'm making a thread for this really but I'm just so surprised sims in TS4 can get fired lol. She has the irresponsible trait so maybe that's why? She forgot her lunch, raided the fridge, then she got fired. Anyway, she's pretty bummed but I'm happy :) More of this!

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Idk why I'm making a thread for this really but I'm just so surprised sims in TS4 can get fired lol. She has the irresponsible trait so maybe that's why? She forgot her lunch, raided the fridge, then she got fired. Anyway, she's pretty bummed but I'm happy :) More of this!

#DramaAndDanger :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

#DramaAndDanger :)

Haha yes! The unplanned kind, which is the best kind of sim drama :joy:
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Wow, hope there will be more chance to be fired!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Yes, the irresponsible trait is the only thing that makes the careers challenging, if you're not careful, they just slack off at work by default. I always add it to all my sims.
    edited August 2018
    Good to know @SiliClone! I should level this trait up more often then haha :)

Also, later that day during a wedding of one of my other families ....
    K8I63vb.png

I got a feeling my game is cursed today lol. Poor simmies.
    Bad manners and insensitive are cool too. Bad manners sims can unintentionally insult others.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Oh yes please. We need more of that. I think the gurus should revamp the base game traits too and add stuff like this in for maybe the lazy trait or hot tempered, etc. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TessgirlsTessgirls Posts: 15 Member
    Oh no the pets can catch fire? Ok this is crazy!
    Tessgirls wrote: »
    Oh no the pets can catch fire? Ok this is crazy!

Ikr. They can't die of course, but still :D
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Oh no. I feel bad for your sims.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Wow, haha, that was an eventful day! I would probably be horrified, but end up laughing. Especially if my Sim got fired just for raiding the fridge, so cool. Was their performance in the red, or was that the only infraction? What did they actually eat, if you don't mind me asking? Were they in an Active Career?
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I only had one sim with the irresponsible trait and I think he got fired from 4 different jobs before he became an elder. Every day there was a chance card and it was either take a little hit to job performance or a big one. He never got promoted. He was such a deadbeat!
    edited August 2018
    Wow, haha, that was an eventful day! I would probably be horrified, but end up laughing. Especially if my Sim got fired just for raiding the fridge, so cool. Was their performance in the red, or was that the only infraction? What did they actually eat, if you don't mind me asking? Were they in an Active Career?

@Livin in Sim Well the fridge thing is a common chance card when you have the irresponsible trait, and I think no matter what you pick, it negatively impacts their performance. And generally, even though she met her promotion goals, her performance never seemed to go up enough to actually get promoted. I've noticed that they automatically slack off at work too if you don't change it to work normal/hard. So it's probably because of those things that she got fired :D I didn't know that was possible. I think I'll add more negative parenthood traits to my sims, makes for a fun change of pace! :D
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I love it when stuff like this happens in the Sims! We really need more adversity!

My Sim child is turning into a right brat. I'm tempted to keep their traits in the red to see what happens :lol:
    giphy.gif
    I love it when stuff like this happens in the Sims! We really need more adversity!

My Sim child is turning into a right brat. I'm tempted to keep their traits in the red to see what happens :lol:

Do it! Haha :D I find it way too hard to get their traits into the red to begin with! I wish they would level down faster, not just up, because yes, we definitely need more adversity.
  • rydenlrydenl Posts: 23 Member
    I must be a high achiever haha. I'm too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to let my sim have negative traits (and then wonder why my game gets boring).
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    On the list of your Sims' things-to-do. Always clean out the lint tray on the dryer. You have the opportunity to do this once a Sim puts a load of wet things into it. Also, you can try to have your Sim upgrade the dryer, but this takes a certain level of Handiness Skill, plus the parts needed.

As for the unfortunate death at the wedding, now there's a real buzz kill to the Event. Did the company he worked for send over a replacement? Or did you just end the reception early? Can't blame you if you did. Hard to party when something so sad transpires. But, at least you're having your share of random drama.

Sometimes, the game just yields a gift, you know?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Do it! Haha :D I find it way too hard to get their traits into the red to begin with! I wish they would level down faster, not just up, because yes, we definitely need more adversity.

Just get them in the red enough to be in range of gaining the trait, they will change their autonomy accordingly and start to act as if they already have the trait, for example: children in range of gaining the argumentative trait will start arguments autonomously.
    My deadbeat was completing his daily work tasks but I'm guessing the default was that he was slacking off at work every day. It was pretty funny! I've never had a sim get fired that many times! It's a good thing his mother won the lotto in the previous generation and his family wasn't relying on his income to support the family. They had to tap into mommy's million bucks that generation. His wife worked too but IIRC it was the flower arranging career so she didn't make a whole lot of money even though she was advanced in the career.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    I had an irresponsible sim (he got that trait because I never made him go to school as a child or teen as I wanted to play with him. I knew he was on course for the irresponsible trait, but I didn’t think it would actually, you know, do anything much). He was a scientist so had an active career and never got miserable at work or anything while I was controlling him. He got promoted all the way up to level 10 pretty fast, actually... At which point I started sending him to work on his own. And he begun to get the miserable at work moodlet and started messing around at work. His job performance dropped dramatically and he was almost demoted, but I got him the professional slacker reward trait which means your sim will never be demoted or fired. But, he continued to be thoroughly miserable at work and I felt so bad for him that in the end I let him quit. His wife works and they have a fortune of almost 10 million simoleons (from money trees, largely), so it’s all good. He doesn’t work anymore and seems very happy about it.

This is why I now always make my sims’ kids go to school and do their homework! The irresponsible trait is a curse.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Hm guess that family just had a plum day in general cause that same night, during family dinner time, the washing machine caught on fire and so did the cat :joy: I didn't even know cats could catch on fire until now (even had the option to extinguish it) :D
    I hope you did extinguish it! Poor kitty!
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I think the best way to get the irresponsible trait is having the parents set a curfew using the cork board and have the teen out past curfew
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
    edited August 2018
    My irresponsible guy got the trait through game bugginess. I didn't have him skip school on purpose, it was that he had 4 other siblings and even though I would send them to school every day, I would get this bug where all or some of the kids would come straight back home after heading to school, which made them all take a hit to their responsibility value every time they "skipped" school . I would still send them back to school but I decided to not have him work towards getting rid of the negative value, just to see what an irresponsible sim would be like as an adult. He was a BUM! :D

I get that bug sometimes when I have multiple sims leaving the lot at the same time. Without fail, some will end up right back at home and I have to keep my eye out for it when playing large households so I can send them back to work/school.
  • SilentMichaelSilentMichael Posts: 103 Member
    I have question, how to never get fired for be slacker? I like to be slacker.
    Hello, How are you?