Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Seasons - Glitches so far

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hello @rosemow

Thanks for the advice. I thought about giving the current save another try to check if the snow is still missing before I recovered the game. I exited the game and reloaded the current save..it's white everywhere! :D

Thanks for tips! I will make sure to use it when things are going wrong again the next time.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    zamira82 wrote: »
    Hello @rosemow

Thanks for the advice. I thought about giving the current save another try to check if the snow is still missing before I recovered the game. I exited the game and reloaded the current save..it's white everywhere! :D

Thanks for tips! I will make sure to use it when things are going wrong again the next time.

It is great that the issue is fixed :)
  • ssjdtsjrssjdtsjr Posts: 7 New Member
    Since the last update all of the tree's in my game are showing winter shadows and I'm currently in summer in my game and it's like that in every world. I don't have any mods in my game and I've also tried repairing it and cleaning out the cache files nothing has worked so far.
    ssjdtsjr wrote: »
    Since the last update all of the tree's in my game are showing winter shadows and I'm currently in summer in my game and it's like that in every world. I don't have any mods in my game and I've also tried repairing it and cleaning out the cache files nothing has worked so far.

Hello @ssjdtsjr
    I am sorry but I am unsure what you mean by Winter shadows, Could you explain a little more about what you mean ? Are the shadows not showing with leaves ?
    > @rosemow said:
    > ssjdtsjr wrote: »
    >
    > Since the last update all of the tree's in my game are showing winter shadows and I'm currently in summer in my game and it's like that in every world. I don't have any mods in my game and I've also tried repairing it and cleaning out the cache files nothing has worked so far.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ssjdtsjr
    > I am sorry but I am unsure what you mean by Winter shadows, Could you explain a little more about what you mean ? Are the shadows not showing with leaves ?

Yes that's exactly the problem.
    > @rosemow said:
    > ssjdtsjr wrote: »
    >
    > Since the last update all of the tree's in my game are showing winter shadows and I'm currently in summer in my game and it's like that in every world. I don't have any mods in my game and I've also tried repairing it and cleaning out the cache files nothing has worked so far.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ssjdtsjr
    > I am sorry but I am unsure what you mean by Winter shadows, Could you explain a little more about what you mean ? Are the shadows not showing with leaves ?

Yes that's exactly the problem.

Try making sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, start the new game in Summer and test to see if it occurs there . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game in Summer and test to see if the issue is in that new save game also.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Ok I'll give that a try.
    edited August 2018
    Ok I'll give that a try.

You could also try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and test to see if the same issue is occurring there also. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • necromemenecromeme Posts: 1 New Member
    honestly, i am so fed up. my game was working yesterday, but today i have the dang endless loading screen when i try to play a household. i had to shut my game because of this glitch, and lost a family i spent HOURS working on to make. all of my mods were up to date, endless loading screen, deleted pose player and poses, endless loading screen, i deleted my mods, endless loading screen. and to note, i DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SEASONS EXPANSION PACK. sorry for the caps, i am just so frustrated with this, and it's a real pain in the neck. i hope there is an update soon, and when it drops i won't even mind having to restart my game for my cc, because my game will actually work. if this has been going on for days, i don't understand why there hasn't been a fix yet, when it's so bad it extends to people without the actual seasons pack.
    edited August 2018
    necromeme wrote: »
    honestly, i am so fed up. my game was working yesterday, but today i have the dang endless loading screen when i try to play a household. i had to shut my game because of this glitch, and lost a family i spent HOURS working on to make. all of my mods were up to date, endless loading screen, deleted pose player and poses, endless loading screen, i deleted my mods, endless loading screen. and to note, i DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SEASONS EXPANSION PACK. sorry for the caps, i am just so frustrated with this, and it's a real pain in the neck. i hope there is an update soon, and when it drops i won't even mind having to restart my game for my cc, because my game will actually work. if this has been going on for days, i don't understand why there hasn't been a fix yet, when it's so bad it extends to people without the actual seasons pack.

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Something is wrong with NPC scouts in my game... anyone else have this issue?
    e800ce09c158.png
    Hello @Koteyka
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

• kabathebestkabathebest Posts: 1 New Member
    Im having a calander glitch, The calander worked once and I loved it but now when i load or create a game it doesnt work it only shows 1 day and not all of them anyone know how to fix? Ive tried repairing my game ive tried updating my game ive tried everything.
  • irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    Im having a calander glitch, The calander worked once and I loved it but now when i load or create a game it doesnt work it only shows 1 day and not all of them anyone know how to fix? Ive tried repairing my game ive tried updating my game ive tried everything.

the first question you'll be asked is whether or not you have mods.

if you don't have mods, how many sim days do you have each season last? do you have any custom holidays?

Hello @kabathebest
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Still no fix concerning the rotting leaf piles covering the neighbourhoods. :disappointed:
  • DaRealHolyDaRealHoly Posts: 4 New Member
    I just had a problem with my sims of the new update that came out August 17 or 16 idk but earlier today sims was working fine but now there is a certain room my sims cannot go into. I have a household of six and when a sim walks into that certain room the whole households stuck and I can’t cancel or tell them to do an action!! I did use cassfulleditmode to change my sims to adults but I changed them back to teens and it still didn’t work!! I’m gonna try and take out be custom content I download today and see if that works!!
    (I already tried debugging everyone and even teleporting them! But it doesn’t work!) i never had a problem with the room before and idk why this is happening.

I also have get to work but that’s the only thing! Also I’m using a MacBook Pro
    DaRealHoly wrote: »
    I just had a problem with my sims of the new update that came out August 17 or 16 idk but earlier today sims was working fine but now there is a certain room my sims cannot go into. I have a household of six and when a sim walks into that certain room the whole households stuck and I can’t cancel or tell them to do an action!! I did use cassfulleditmode to change my sims to adults but I changed them back to teens and it still didn’t work!! I’m gonna try and take out be custom content I download today and see if that works!!
    (I already tried debugging everyone and even teleporting them! But it doesn’t work!) i never had a problem with the room before and idk why this is happening.

I also have get to work but that’s the only thing! Also I’m using a MacBook Pro

Hello @DaRealHoly
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If the issue remains, try saving the room to your library. Then delete the room from your home. Then place the saved room from the library back to where the room originally was. Then test to see if the issue remains
    @rosemow ok I already tried repairing the game tho but I’ll try those too!!
    Oh goodness it was my custom content!! But I don’t know which one! Mostly all my sims are made out of custom content! How do I find the bad ones??
    I just made a big mistake
    DaRealHoly wrote: »
    Oh goodness it was my custom content!! But I don’t know which one! Mostly all my sims are made out of custom content! How do I find the bad ones??

Hello
    Put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue

If you have a lot of mods/cc, you could use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • seven_seas_of_raiseven_seas_of_rai Posts: 13 New Member
    Ive only noticed a few issues listed above but one issue (small but annoying) that ive seen lately, I have a two story house with a basement for my sims. the basement is huge and has lots of activities. my sims change into their winter clothes when planning on heading to the basement. my thought, "okay, add another thermostat". wait, because i have one on the main level, the second thermostat is useless. so my sims just randomly change into winter gear to go to the basement, even though its the same temperature as the rest of the house
  • irishfinoirishfino Posts: 73 Member
    Ive only noticed a few issues listed above but one issue (small but annoying) that ive seen lately, I have a two story house with a basement for my sims. the basement is huge and has lots of activities. my sims change into their winter clothes when planning on heading to the basement. my thought, "okay, add another thermostat". wait, because i have one on the main level, the second thermostat is useless. so my sims just randomly change into winter gear to go to the basement, even though its the same temperature as the rest of the house

i've had this problem, and i thought i fixed it.

when i made the basement level, i didn't use the basement tool, which adds a ceiling layer you can put tiles on. the game then read the parts of the basement not directly under the house as "outside" and the sims autochange accordingly. i put out a layer of grass tiles and considered the issue solved, but the issue has returned. since it's not a huge deal, i haven't done much else to troubleshoot it, like try a different type of tile outside or attempt to redo the entire basement with the basement tool and fix the walls it'll delete at the same time.

it's a bit annoying to see them change clothes, but no one has frozen to death or even gotten cold while swimming in the pool in the basement, which is surprising considering how the game is reading the tiles or lack of tiles in this case.