Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you play Sims?

Everyone has a reason for playing sims. Personally, for me its just because I find it to be fun. Some people play for control, some people play to get away from real life, some for designing. Why do you play?

Comments

• Liv203Liv203 Posts: 283 New Member
    edited July 2013
    To get away from reality.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited July 2013
    Uh--
    I just, erm, like the game. :P
    I seriously can't think of a reason beside me thinking it's a great game and that I love playing it!
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • AnonymousMissAnonymousMiss Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think The Sims is a lot of fun. I love developing characters and creating stories for my households. :)
  • SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    I like to build with themes and develop characters. I enjoy the creativity and the control. I like seeing what other players are doing with the game. Finally, it is definitely a form of escapism outside of work and chores, although it keeps me from getting as much done as I should (she says as she glances at the dust on the desk).
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2013
    To live out my fantasies and escape from real life.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2013
    Simply because it's been fun and I consider it my hobby.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2013
    Fordee09 you made me giggle with your answer! :D

I play the game because I like creative tools, and the game has so many options for creativity! There is no other game which allows for such a diverse gameplay style. I can build my sims, build their homes, build their worlds! When the series is well underway, as this one is now, with so many different options and so much choice, that's when my enjoyment reaches it's peak!

The more freedom to create, and also to play the game in my own way, the more satisfying the game is to me.

So, things like custom registers (yes, this again :roll:) are so much more fun for me because I can build any kind of shop my imagination allows. But specific registers (food/relic/elixir/etc) drive me INSANE! because they are so limiting.

I found that the gameplay has been much more linear with the sims 3 than the sims 2 (things like the resorts which are extremely guided, dictating what you should put in them; specific registers; showtime objects unable to be used without the career; etc). I hope they remember to keep our options open in the sims 4. It's so important for me to have that freedom to use the features in my own way. When my freedom of creativity is limited, so is my interest.
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited July 2013
    I honestly have no idea. :P I've lately been thinking I'm getting too old for this game since I've been playing since I was so young.
  • LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I use it as an elaborate dress up game. To me it's way more fun to make Sims than to play them, (even though I actually like to play my creations but gameplay often times doesn't hold my attention)
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't know it adds enjoyment to my existence, therefore I play it till it no longer renders that enjoyment or till I find else that supersedes that enjoyment ;D
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm an over-the-top control freak. My sims act upon my every whim. The sense of control is exhilarating.
    Also, the game is fun.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited July 2013
    I honestly have no idea. :P I've lately been thinking I'm getting too old for this game since I've been playing since I was so young.

Nooo. Youre never too old for the sims. :mrgreen:
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited July 2013

Speaking of fantasy :lol: ...is Hannah still alive and being woohoo'ed senseless?

I've been playing the sims since 2000. So now it's more a tradition. Also I escape life every now and then, which is nice!
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2013

Speaking of fantasy :lol: ...is Hannah still alive and being woohoo'ed senseless?

I've been playing the sims since 2000. So now it's more a tradition. Also I escape life every now and then, which is nice!

Yes her sim is still alive. I might have them try for a baby because I want Jeff to have a daughter with her then she's unfortuanly going to have an accidental encounter with sharks after the baby becomes a child. I hate to kill her sim off but it's time for Jeff to move on and I don't believe in cheating and divorce in the game so death is what will seperate them.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    Old thread... but the question still stands.
  • TessgirlsTessgirls Posts: 15 Member
    I love Sims. Its like playing Dolls and House when I was a little girl- but with age and Sims it brings it to a completely different level!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I just like playing god - plus I can live vicariously through my sims. Never mind its great fun!
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited August 2018
    Tessgirls wrote: »
    I love Sims. Its like playing Dolls and House when I was a little girl- but with age and Sims it brings it to a completely different level!

Same here. And I really love to dress my Dolls... uhhh Sims ;). I like that you can do ANYTHING with your Sims. There are absolutely no limits to your imagination. And I love reading (Foto)storys and watching Machinimas about Sims. It's fun to play the producer. I think the Sims are pretty good actors B).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Hm it's fun to play and there's such creativity in that game. From making your sims stories, to recreating some of your favorite character from movies, books and animes. To building amazing lots, to killing your sims off in most way possible or just simple play the game, with and without challenges. :D

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play to relax. So, if a game has too many bugs (like Sims 4 currently does), I stop playing it. It is one of the two franchises that I play.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    When i was 7-8 years old i wished to play a game where i could build a world from scratch. Every single house, every single shop. I'd furnish them to my liking and be very happy. I had SimCity, i had Zoo Tycoon, but that was different. You couldn't furnish houses in SimCity and in Zoo Tycoon you could only customise the zoo, which was lots of fun at first, but got pretty boring as time went on. Thats' why I was very glad to discover The Sims 3 (and The Sims 4 later on) and thats why right now it's literally the only computer game i play. Because unlike all other games, it gives you freedom. Freedom in everything you do. It's a sandbox! And it's wonderful.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Because it's so versatile.
    I can play with rigid rules and goals to challenge myself or take the game as it is to wind down. I also use it to illustrate stories, as a dressup game and sometimes I just roam around and take screenshots. Choosing The Sims as one of your "3 games to take to a lonely island" is almost cheating, because it's several games in one.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,559 Member
    I'm a writer and I found this another avenue to to tell my stories. My addiction to the Sims2 also came just prior to a very trying time in my life. I lost 16 people in my RL Circle of family and friends, in a 2 1/2 year stretch of time, starting with the death of my father. About every 6 weeks to 2 months, someone else passed away. The same day I had my beloved dog put down, I came home to learn the Godfather of both of my sons had passed! Some deaths were due to illness (such as my Dad), others due to accidents, one to murder. It was a very rough time, but I found an escape by playing this game — until my favorite Sim perished. I cried like a baby and promptly started this family anew. But, yeah, it's also very therapeutic. Nowadays, I play for the fun of it and to relax.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I play to relax and as an escape from reality.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Tessgirls wrote: »

Something similar to this. And I still collect barbie dolls. fun stuff.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie