Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loading Screens (Design)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I dislike both as they are way too bright. I wish we had a choice of darker colors while loading. I have to turn my screen brightness all the way down every single time.
  • Options
    JPsimmerJPsimmer Posts: 109 Member
    Eh, I like it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    Eh, I like it.
    What do you like about it?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    I dislike both as they are way too bright. I wish we had a choice of darker colors while loading. I have to turn my screen brightness all the way down every single time.

you might like this mod :)
    http://teanmoon.tumblr.com/post/171378350820/darker-loading-screens-mod-by-teanmoon
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Honestly, I just want the interactive loading screens from Sims 3 back. Those were fun, at least.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm sorry to say it, but I loathe them both, because I find them eye-gummingly dull and tedious. I actually close my eyes when the loading screen is showing, so that I don't have to look at it. Honestly, the inside of my eyelids is more interesting IMHO.
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I really wish that the loading screens were dynamic, though. I'd love it if instead it cut off to a looping animation of sims in a car with scenery going by--or even just have rotating screenshots of the towns. Just... something more interesting to look at. As it is now, it just irks me that I have to wait on the game at all.
    @DreamaDove, I couldn't agree more.

(Apologies for the vehemence, but this is something that has bothered me right from the start.)
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think the new version with the spinning plumbob is much better. Sorry. That is just my opinion.

I miss the style of loading screens from Sims 2. Some of those sims shown on the load screen were really sassy!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    @DreamaDove sorry i'm just now seeing your suggestion, but thank you! i will give it a try.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I think both are pretty bland, but the newer one is better because it's less strain on the eyes than the bright white.

I prefer The Sims 2's lot loading screens. It showed loading progress, method of transportation, and, if loading the home lot, our Sims' family, all surrounded by game icons.

I loved the music while Sims 2 was loading the neighborhoods and that music would stick in my head even after loading. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the old loading screens looked much better than what they look like now?

For those who can't remember the old loading screens or haven't played the game back then, this is what the loading screens originally looked like:

TS4-2015-04-13-14-20-36-64.png

This is what they look like now:

07823760-80c5-4231-994a-97b7508eb33a.png

I think they used to look much better and I have no clue why they changed them. I know it's not a major concern and they have better things to fix right now than the way the loading screens look, but I would really love to get the old ones back (or even better looking loading screens) in a future update.

This was a request I and a few others made because the gray helps tone down the brightness of the white which was triggering migraines. Requesting a different color wasn't going to be filled because I was told marketing picked white as the symbol for TS4 so that couldnt' be changed, and the compromise was to add those gray plumbobs so me and some others didn't get so many migraines. No matter what, I think the white backgrounds have to stay and turning down brightness of display didn't really stop the headaches for some of us. It was to the point we couldn't play the game at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the old loading screens looked much better than what they look like now?

For those who can't remember the old loading screens or haven't played the game back then, this is what the loading screens originally looked like:

TS4-2015-04-13-14-20-36-64.png

This is what they look like now:

07823760-80c5-4231-994a-97b7508eb33a.png

I think they used to look much better and I have no clue why they changed them. I know it's not a major concern and they have better things to fix right now than the way the loading screens look, but I would really love to get the old ones back (or even better looking loading screens) in a future update.

This was a request I and a few others made because the gray helps tone down the brightness of the white which was triggering migraines. Requesting a different color wasn't going to be filled because I was told marketing picked white as the symbol for TS4 so that couldnt' be changed, and the compromise was to add those gray plumbobs so me and some others didn't get so many migraines. No matter what, I think the white backgrounds have to stay and turning down brightness of display didn't really stop the headaches for some of us. It was to the point we couldn't play the game at all.

I wasn't talking about the background color, it can stay gray all it wants, I was talking about the plumbob itself. I like the old version of it much more than the spinning design we have now.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2018
    I like the new one because the white background was irritating to my eyes.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I prefer loading screens showing an ingame picture. Like when I travel to Egypt I see a picture of Egypt.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    parrotcrackersparrotcrackers Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this thread is a few years ld but i was reading it as one thing i HATE about the game is you having to go through a oad screen to visit a neighbour!!!!!!!!!!!! AARRGGHH bring back visitng neighbours or taxis etc
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Not only the loading screens but the logo, the box art, the main menu, the plumbob, the icons... I still find the rebrand horrendous.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top