Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Autonomous Woohoo?

2...Next

Comments

• marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    I just looked at that unnamed mod... seems unneeded.

There are "needs" and there are "wants" and... aw, to heck with it. I'm going to play TS3 and let you take up the rest with either Maslow or an economics expert. :D
  • R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    marstinson wrote: »
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    I just looked at that unnamed mod... seems unneeded.

There are "needs" and there are "wants" and... aw, to heck with it. I'm going to play TS3 and let you take up the rest with either Maslow or an economics expert. :D

LOL @ Maslow!! Well said, @marstinson
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I play a homeless architect in Aurora Skies, Sims 3, fixing up every household fit for the family living there and crashing at each place a few days until I move on. I play matchmaker at parties and place out romantic drinks ('perfect'!) everywhere and when that does not works I temporarily switch households in Edit Town. I did that with the Valquist family when I realised they (Viktor Valquist and Jesper Sandstrom) weren't married - why does EA cater to a scared homophobic market? They were already best friends so I only had to go trough all the romantic motions, make them 'irresistible' to each other (they automatically felt 'attracted'), marry them and wohoo a first time. Back in my main sims life and present in their house, I saw autonomous wohoo for the first time ever, they choose the 'get frisky' motion. I was so happy, I really love playing this game!
    A tip for those who want sims to autonomously wohoo (I really do!), is to get the 'classic cool renovation object' (or something), it is a store item, a car to fix up and hang about in. It has the pre-set options to 'cuddle', 'make out' and 'wohoo', among other animations, and I think that is what is needed - my sims have never wohoo-ed autonomously in a bed, I think that motion is too many steps for them to do without encouragement.

I am playing a farm family and was making jam when my controlled sim was suddenly called out to 'wohoo in the car' by her husband, such joy!

Maybe it will work with other objects that have pre-set option to wohoo, like the photo booth (University life EP) or the Time machine (Ambitions EP), I have to test this. My farmer couple are at the highest relations level, wohoo all the time and were 'irresistable' to eachother at the moment it happened.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Auroraskies - The Classically Cool Fixer Upper car comes with the Roaring Heights store world. It's not available separately, at least not currently, but of course it can be placed in any world.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Well, with the car, you also get visitors to your lot calling your family sims over to autonomously makeout/woohoo/etc.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    @marstinson, I've oft-wondered how to read Maslow's heirarchy of needs. I presume like constructing a pyramid (from the bottom up?) I'm still trying to figure out where gaming ends up being on the heirarchy. Self-actualization (the top tier) or Esteem or...did mine just fall to Safety needs (OMG...if I don't play Sims 3, I'm going to go mental). :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    bklienhart:

I have noticed a pattern in the sims and townies behaviour: the motions I make my controlled sims do are repeated by the townies, so if I early in the save do romantic motions, then the likeliness of that motion happening 'about town', seem to raise. In the saves where my controlled sim doesn't get a romantic interest, the townies seem as uninterested as me. I do not know if this is scripted, I am not a programmer. But it is cool!

Another object that gives pre-set behaviour is the "juice keg" from University life EP (buy mode, entertainment, parties). If you drink til you're content, then the social 'friendly' option of 'drunken cuddle/make out/wohoo' becomes available at an early level friendship. I have seen townies do that motion, and when I have switched to control them through Edit Town, they are 'wasted' - even if they don't own a jug or there are none anywhere in the town. The action takes no effect on their relationships (no romantic relation).

I do not use mods.
    This repeated children of the corn-behaviour is noticable when it comes to romantic relation orientation and looks too; in Sunset Valley, that is very white and heteronormative, I created sims to variate that, and when new townies were generated they reflected that in their looks and behaviour. I was very happily surprised!
    Tech-savvy are welcome with their input here!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    If they're newlyweds, a new interaction appears called "be frisky", which results in woohoo and can be done autonomously.