Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who bought My First Pet Stuff?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I didn't buy it.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2018
    I didn't buy it.
    I have no will to buy or support such pack. It's rushed, stale, lacking, it comprises of uninteresting content in my opinion, and obviously an instant cash grab with furniture that looks like it was part of a set they purposely split to exploit the costumer. Right after Laundry Day, this pack looks like an April's fools joke or a fan made idea pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I bought it.
    > @Jean said:
    > Bought it, and I actually like it. I don't really get the hate.

Some people just don't like that it has content that completes Cats and Dogs, and they don't like that it goes overboard on pet-themed furniture. Not everyone's cup of tea I guess :)

Which is why I said I don't get the hate, as in personal opinion.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I bought it.
    Neither do I seeing there have been sps for eps several times before in previous Sims games and no one cared. I bought it and like it a lot too.

Some homes are much better off with small pets like this than dogs and cats - never mind it helps sims kids with homework among other things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    A small pet is perfect for my teen who lives by himself. His social bar drops quickly and his pet rat helps a lot with that. I didn't want to get him a cat or a dog, so I went with a low maintenance pet for him instead.

The only SP I bought that I was truly disappointed with was the bowling one but at least that's been fixed. I didn't like that they couldn't interact while bowling, it was a huge letdown.

• ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    Personally, I think DLC for DLC is fine (like for existing mechanics, like for example, them adding new stuff to vampires or new stuff for City Living like new festivals etc like stuff that people would want to see) but my problem with my first pet stuff is that it was released pretty close to cats & dogs, and with the styles of the items it's just so blatantly obvious that it should have been included in the pack to begin with. None of the items except for the small pets cage is game-changing mechanics.

The difference here is Movie Stuff pack, for example, has a gorgeous set theme design of really funky, popping colours with two new mechanics; movies (which are huge) and the popcorn machine (which is small). Laundry Day has laundry (duh) but also has a really unique cozy rustic style as well.

I guess when I look at the My First Pet Stuff pack it's just really insulting to see what they put in it, and even though I can afford it, I'd rather off buy another pack like romantic garden stuff, something that, while small like MFPS, it's more unique and useful.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • MetaniteTVMetaniteTV Posts: 21 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I'm not sure it worth it. I have Cats & Dogs. But not this one.
  • DanaanhornDanaanhorn Posts: 38 Member
    I bought it.
    I bought it because i wanted the toddler shirt
  • Roses4612Roses4612 Posts: 4 New Member
    I bought it.
    I mean it may seem like a bad pack compared to some of the others but it does have its pros and cons. I think it lacked in content but love the hamsters.
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I'm like the sims. But I'm not THAT big of a fan of the sims.
  • ataurusataurus Posts: 21 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    *I like the sims. Not I'm like the sims. xD
  • PinklixtyPinklixty Posts: 37 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    It's not something I'm interested in.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    I bought it.
    I bought it, I like it and was not disappointed at all. In fact I was hoping they would put out a few more with other pets - like birds, bunnies, reptiles, and such. In fact I felt sure they would until the uproar. Wasn't fair those of us who enjoy the pack and wanted more like it will probably now never get rest of the pets and animals we wanted.

Wish people who didn't like something - just don't buy it and let it go at that - so the door stays open for those of us who liked the idea and wanted additional packs of pets. EA doesn't like it when people make an uproar - so then we all get to lose out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited September 2018
    I didn't buy it.
    I'm just not interested. I don't think it would do anything for my game.
    giphy.gif
  • MissEdditMissEddit Posts: 11 New Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I miss horses. I wonder if they'ed make a new stuff pack for horse stuff, you would probably need cats and dogs for that too.
  • VariandranaVariandrana Posts: 24 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I haven't bought it. If I buy it, it will be for the fish tank coffee table and the hamsters.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I bought it.
    Teeny pet hedgehog?? Sold!!
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I'd like it so I may buy it in the future, but I don't have it now. Personally, I do want the rodents, but I don't see why this couldn't have been added as an update to the Cats & Dogs expansion pack.
  • PuppyPuppy Posts: 13 New Member
    I didn't buy it.
    No matter how much I adore my adopted hamster in real life, I would not buy this SP with my own money (on sale or not).
    Getting it for free? Sure, send one right away.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I’m probably going to get it in the future, but I’m gonna wait.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I bought it.
    I bought because new death is in this pack 😂
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I technically didn’t buy it; got a copy from a friend. If you ignore the items that require C&D (pet costumes and supplies), it’s a decent pack: new kids 1-piece PJ, the aquarium coffee table, and the little critter himself. I especially like that children can Study Rodent and that counts as doing the daily homework.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I bought it.
    I only bought it after it was on sale, otherwise, there was no way I was going to pay the full price for it. I also got Cats and Dogs on sale at the same time as well.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I bought it.
    I like it, I use the Bubalus a lot in my families. It's cute^^
    I see the price for stuff packs to pay the "main gameplay items" in this case the critter. All the other stuff is a nice to have. I am okay with that 😅