The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else find vampire break-ins to be annoying?

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've never had an incident while visiting a venue with a vampire breaking in and not being able to leave. I can see how that would be annoying and frustrating though for those that have had it happen to them. But, my Sims usually don't travel much either except to parks, hidden lots and neighborhood areas to search for collectibles. Occasionally they'll accept an invitation to go out or visit a venue to fulfill an aspiration objective, but that's it.

I've only had three total home lot break-ins since getting the GP; two successful and one failure because I had the bedroom door locked so visitors wouldn't use her computer in there. I was actually hoping it would happen more often! It took months for the first break-in to happen which I thought was a bit peculiar. I would read about others who had break-ins every night or every other night, every week etc., and for my Sims? Nothing.

For whatever reason, it seems to be happening more now since I installed Seasons. It's probably just a coincidence, but I like it! :)
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I only dislike it when it happens at a community lot, but that hasn't happened to me in a while.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I do enjoy the break-in's. Not enough random unpredictable occurrences in the game. No different than a burglar, cept they're comin to do a eat and run. Only ever had them break into a community lot like once a long time ago and never did so again.

Usually end up shooing the vampire away via mod if they're somewhere they're not suppose to be.

Don't get them as much much like the alien abductions. First time alien abducted my sim and it was at the spice festival was so surprised by it too.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MetaniteTVMetaniteTV Posts: 21 Member
    Didn't happen to me so far. I don't think I would mind it unless it happens too much.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I Hate it, so I locked the door so no one but the family can come in. He came to the door an knocked but did not come in. So I put a fence around my property and a gate, locked the gate also and he could not come in the yard at all. Best thing I did, although I did not buy Vampires, it just somehow popped into my game and I don't want it. I did not buy it. I though of deleting my sims 4 and reinstall, but I just read so many horrow stories of how simmers could not reinstall, and now I am afraid to uninstall. Wish I knew how I got it in the first place, and no, I did not forget that I ordered it. As I never would.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I had one for the first time in ages the other day. The vampire that broke in just played with the family dog for a while then left.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I had one for the first time in ages the other day. The vampire that broke in just played with the family dog for a while then left.

Aw, that scene sounds so cute! :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • KingToakerKingToaker Posts: 19 Member
    I haven't had a break-in at all yet, I didn't even know they existed until I saw it happen in a friend's game. Do I need to meet a Vampire first for it to occur?
    dalopuad36d.png
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I dont' have any problems with them I just make my residences private and I remove all Vampires from my game since I find them boring. I played them in the beginning but then it got old. Usually I see one when my Sims are out and about I just remove them from the gallery.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I thought the "vampire break in on a community lot" was supposed to be fixed? I could have sworn it was mentioned as fixed in a previous patch. That's really annoying, both that it's still happening and that they said it was fixed. I've been really lucky though. I haven't had that problem on community lots in ages. I haven't had any successful home break ins either. The vamp will attempt it, but then they turn around and walk off the lot for some reason.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I thought the "vampire break in on a community lot" was supposed to be fixed? I could have sworn it was mentioned as fixed in a previous patch. That's really annoying, both that it's still happening and that they said it was fixed. I've been really lucky though. I haven't had that problem on community lots in ages. I haven't had any successful home break ins either. The vamp will attempt it, but then they turn around and walk off the lot for some reason.

They still happen, but they are quicker now, it seems.

Also, funny story: Yesterday a vampire came and did his sneaking-up-to-my-door animation... stopped, and slunk away.
    I don't know what the reason REALLY is, but I'd like to think it's because he realized two Master Vampires and a Ghost were the residents of the house. B)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • RandomDonDonRandomDonDon Posts: 5 New Member
    Sometimes I lock the door.( Only family members allowed)
    The vampire will stay outside for quite long time but gone without sucking your sims blood.
    So heartbreaking seeing them get bited. You can try this way to avoid.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Every break-in I've had has glitched out. The creepy music plays but the attacking vampire (usually Vlad) just stands there until he resets and leaves without taking a bite. :(
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I never thought I'd buy the vampire pack, but in my haste to get seasons, I ended up bundling these together. Vlad came twice in the beginning of my save. He was unable to break in both times and hasn't been back since. I was kind of hoping that one of the vampires would do something but nothing has happened. It's been three seasons now in my game so I'm wondering if I should just play one of the vampires myself. I was really hoping though that the break in would happen on its own. I've even started leaving the doors unlocked and got my sims to start reading on vampire lore AND visiting forgotten hollow. Still nothing. Instead, my sim got abducted by aliens... Not really sure how this happened. She's a doctor and maybe encountered one or two alien patients at work. I guess that was enough to prompt the abduction? Seems like I got the attention of the wrong sort.
    For the most part, I'm kind of relieved the vampires aren't running rampant on their own. I definitely don't want them in my other saves, just hoping they'd be a little bit more cooperative in this particular save.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I rarely have any because for them to happen (in a residential lot, under normal circumstances) everyone should be sleeping and I usually have at least one sim awake at around the time they break-in. I see them walking by the house but they don't try to come in.
    When it happens though I kind of enjoy it because it is one of the rare occasions where there's something weird, "random", and dark happening to your sim. We don't have burglars but at least we have Vlad.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • JimeMzJimeMz Posts: 26 Member
    I don't like this pack and every time I tried to remove it Origin keeps installing it again and again.. :( Any advise?
    0ac1ef62f8c4bcbf5630c58308ae75e1-full.jpg
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The vampire-break-ins are the best part of the vampires pack tbh. But the community lot break-in bug is annoying, hopefully, it'll get fixed, but I doubt it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    why i didnt buy pack i love the decor i wish we could turn them off like sims 3
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    had my first break-in in quite a while today, in a new save i'm using to try and test (and create) some things. reminded me how much i actually missed it (though, as many others have said, the community lot break-ins are miserable)

it was ol' vlad, of course. and he *almost* interrupted himself when he and the sim he targeted both realized the other sim in the bed was naked. they both freaked out over it, started walking away, then realized vlad was supposed to be feeding, so continued with that. and even with the break-ins i've had, i don't remember seeing this specific line before:
    47f4e62e7773eec1fa61269988f31b53.png

there was a near miss instance a month or so ago, too. while playing the fyres i had given moira the seldom sleepy trait, which means she's usually up when the others sleep so no chance of a vampire deciding it'd be a great time for a snack. but this one night, she had gone out for a midnight jog and since she wasn't technically on the lot, that apparently allowed a break-in. except, by the time the vampire (a townie) slunk onto the lot, moira had finished her jog. so the vampire crept up to the door, realized someone was awake, and crept away. and as soon as it left, lilith vatore showed up wanting to hang out for the night
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I never seem to get Vampire break -ins. Perhaps because most of my sims are Night Owls and vamps will not break into a house where there are sims awake and doing things. My sims are like me - I am a night owl in real life too. So never been an issue in my game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GvaudoinGvaudoin Posts: 17 Member
    Does this happen a lot? I'm thinking about getting Vampires but I'm afraid the will get on my nerves eventually. Do vampires autonomously turn other Sims and or feed on my Sims and are there any ways to control the vampire population?
    it seems to vary from game to game. i haven't seen many break-ins at all over the course of my game. others say they see them every night (which might be a slight exaggeration from those that dislike vampires, but more than once every few ingame weeks would be frustrating for anyone, i'm sure). also, some friendly vampires will come knock on a played household's door at night, wanting to visit. the same way non-vampires sometimes do during the day. sometimes these get mistaken for break-ins, though they're not

there are ways to make them less likely to happen, and to ensure that any that do happen are not successful. also, they auto feed on sims, yes. but only in several circumstances:

one, they get extremely thirsty and don't have the 'tamed thirst' power. if their thirst need drops to red without tamed thirst, a vampire will run and attack the first sim they see and drain them (not kill, just knock them out for a few sim hours). this can kill the vampire, if the sim they're after is standing in sunlight

two, they're at a club gathering with 'drink plasma' as one of the active rules. with that as a rule, vampires will drink any and all plasma packs in their inventory and on the lot as well as compel any non-vampire on the lot to let them feed, either small or large drinks (large drinks are the ones that knock sims out for a time. small drinks only leave an uncomfortable moodlet. sims with the moodlet can't be fed from by any vampire for 24 hours)

three, they're the vampire 'rolled' for the random night-time visit, if one is rolled. this visit chance gets rolled anywhere from 11 pm to 3 am, if everyone on the lot is asleep. if even one person is awake, there won't be an attack that night, so having night owl sims or those with seldom/never sleepy traits keeps it from happening. if the doors are locked, most vampires can't get in (some have 'eternally welcome' as a power and can bypass locked doors). if there's garlic hung up or just growing near where a vampire walks, they get an uncomfortable moodlet that keeps them from feeding from sims for 4 hours or more (depending on how long they're near the garlic. also, some vampires have 'garlic immunity' as a power)

four, you're playing the vampire and tell them to feed from another sim

as for turning sims into vampires, that only happens with the player's express permission, and only if the individual vampire has the 'create progeny' power. you can either have a sim you are playing ask a vampire to turn them, have a vampire you are playing turn a sim (even without the sim's permission, but again, only if you are playing that vampire), or sometimes an unplayed vampire with the power will call a played sim with 'something important to ask you'. this call is an invite to hang out with the vampire and is supposed to end with the vampire asking the sim if they want to become a vampire, though the question doesn't always get asked when you meet up. and you can turn it down, or just not accept the call, if you don't want the sim turned

there *is* an exception to this... at least one mod has 'unplayed vampires turn unplayed sims into vampires on their own', but you have to go out of your way to download that mod so you know what you're getting into

as for vampire population, yes you can control it in various ways, though there are always 3-4 townie vampires created in every game with the pack. if you delete vlad and the vatores (the three default vampires that come with the pack), you will only have those townies. if you delete those townies, the game will create more. if you create a lot of vampires on your own, the game won't have a reason to create more vampires

an easy way to see how many vampires you have in your game is with the club system, if you have get together. make one of the requirements be 'has trait: vampire' (you need to be playing a vampire to do this), then click the 'add club member' and see who shows up as options to invite. everyone showing up would be another vampire
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I used to find it incredibly annoying until I actually started playing Vampires. (I got it as part of a set on the PS4 originally, so I had Vampires in the game without actually doing much with them for a while.)

Now if one breaks in, odds are I recognize the character, and my reaction is, "Ah, looks like so-and-so's hungry." I'm sympathetic.

Sometimes they've broken in and been helpful. Vlad once did that weird creepy walk around my house, picked up some dirty dishes, creepy-walked to the sink and washed them all for me before he walked out. (That was a house filled almost completely with vampires anyway, so it's not like he could have attacked anyone if he wanted to.) I wish I would have snapped a screencap.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    ha, i had vlad do that exact same thing at one of my restaurants. one of the townies i invited along for dinner decided to take a nap while waiting for our table and that apparently triggered a break-in (...and community lot break-ins are absolutely frustrating if you get them, since you can't leave until the vampire does)

vlad showed up, the napping sim had already woken up, so vlad just crept around and picked up all the dirty dishes off the tables before the waitstaff could get to them. it was as hilarious as it was annoying, since he was moving so slow and i couldn't leave the lot until he had finished and left himself
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I gotta wonder if that's just Vlad's evil trait coming through.

"No, I won't drink your plasma. I will do far worse. I will waste your time! Bwa-ha-ha!"
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.