Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    Ah, I started house 021 with seasons and you do need shelter. In...uh, not the desert world the other one, you're mostly okay late spring-early fall sleeping outside at night but you'll freeze in winter and it's dangerous during the day in summer.

However, if you can get 1000 simoleons quickly enough you can have homeless sim(s). It's what I did anyways, worked hard to get that many and then they just went from allowed community lot to allowed community lot. There's normally benches/couches in mine so they can sleep inside.
  • Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    Quick question, are the kids playable before they become ya? i only ask because they never do their homework on their own. Namely the heir. Also, instead of downloading another sim, I have been just taking a sibling with me for the drifts with 2 sims. Kind of nice not having to leave them all behind.
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @selarono, the kids are only playable when it is mentioned in the challenge. For most challenges only the main sim is playable. So you will have to check the rules of the house you are currently playing.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Selarono wrote: »
    Quick question, are the kids playable before they become ya? i only ask because they never do their homework on their own. Namely the heir. Also, instead of downloading another sim, I have been just taking a sibling with me for the drifts with 2 sims. Kind of nice not having to leave them all behind.

A couple tips to inspire the unplayable children to do their homework is to put 'focus' items around where they usually hang out. Also, when high enough parenting skill is achieved your playable mom/dad can influence their children to do their homework. :smile: Have fun and Happy Drifting!
  • Options
    @rawla, thanks! I forgot to add that to my answer. I usually work with the focus items
  • Options
    NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    I'm still sad that they took away the groups interactions where if you are gardening, you can say water together, or weed together. Haven't tried fishing yet, but hope you can still do that together.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    That is frustrating. I used that a lot to garden.
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Well, I ran into my first Seasons wrinkle with this challenge and had a house fail. I did not take into account holidays that give the sim the day off from work. My sim did not reach the top of his career in time.
  • Options
    @commasplice, I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for warning is!
    Sorry you had a house fail.
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited August 2018
    Something else we need to keep in mind with holidays.

I don't have first hand experience with this but I have heard from others that if your sim has a vacation day that will get paid for the holiday but they will lose a vacation day. This is something to be careful with.

@CommaSplice sorry to hear this but I wish you better luck with the second try.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    I just started House 23
    Since I don't think too many people are on that one, I'm sharing this here but there's no spoilers, don't worry.
    My heir had aged up during a mood swing. This is bad. Why?
    Because she died of a heart attack from being too angry.
    Literally within an hour after moving to her new lot.
    I think I may hold the record for fastest fail of a house challenge.
  • Options
    DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    Wow! Sorry @TheAmazingLee , I had YA die after aging up in my 100 baby challenge because the bad moodlets. You can do this again - we believe in you.
  • Options
    @theamazinglee Wow! I never had a sim die from an emotion, so far. Sorry to hear your sim died so quickly! I hope it goes better next time!
  • Options
    @TheAmazingLee Oh Wow! First let me congratulate you on getting to house #23 you are almost finished with the
    challenge :) but I am sorry to hear what happened to your heir. I didn't know they could die like that. I wish you luck on completing the house this time around.
  • Options
    It's the first time I've had a sim die of an emotion too! And just to be clear, it wasn't a real hour of playing, it was a sim hour. She literally died as soon as I started haha! I restarted and made sure to separate her from everyone (she has an evil roommate which probably didn't help...)

Still to early to tell if I've got this challenge in the bag, but my main sim is still alive a few days in, so that's better haha!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @TheAmazingLee That's insane she died so quickly. Good to hear your strategy to keep her alone to calm down worked! Good luck in house 23! That's awesome you are already so far with this challenge. I just finished house 14.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Ok Everyone I made a decision with my Drifter Challenge. Writing commentary is beginning to get redundant for me as every house might be different but the steps are basically the same. They move in, start a garden, look for collectibles, get a job depending on the house, get married, have an heir and die. The only thing different is the requirements of the house. I'm finding myself putting off the game play which I am excited to do but I can't because I will get too far behind with the blog. The two year anniversary of my Drifter Challenge is August 26th and I'm just finishing house 6 right now. I not only need to move things along, I want to move things along.

I decided it is best for me just to play the game and maybe have just one or two posts explaining who everyone is, showing the house and keeping records of the house information. I am going to post the last few chapters I written and than I'm picking up the new format.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I am excited that I finally was able to find my last Banks family save so I will be picking back up with House 9 again. I am not sure if I will keep blogging about it or not. As @Piazzagirl1015 said it can get redundant. Sometimes writing has put me off playing. I will have to think about how I want to proceed.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 I know what you mean. I noticed I keep putting off blogging as well. It does get redundant. So I am thinking about stopping with blogging such a long story about my sims as well, but am not sure yet. I'll do some more thinking about it.

@Glimmer50 I have the same problem.
  • Options
    @illusie & @Glimmer50 I'm glad to know that I am in good company here. I started to notice that the people who don't blog move faster. I'm still going to keep a record on my blog but unless something unusual happens during that house or something like the beginning of house 7 which I won't say for people who do not want spoilers I'm just going to post as few details as possible and pictures of the completed house along with download info.

@Glimmer50 I'm so happy to hear that you found your file. That would be such a shame if you made it all the way to house 9 and lost everything.

• Options
    I still had pictures for house 13 and 14. It would be a shame not to use them, so I'll still make a story for those house challenges, and will decide later if I want to go on with making chapters. I've now started publishing chapters for house 13.
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm a relatively new dirfter and new to the forums :D I'm currently almost finishing House 003, but since I can't find thst House thread I decided to come say hi here :D I'm having lots of fun with this challenge, it really helps you try things you had overlook before, like gardening for me, I wasn't very good with it the Sims 2 so I had stayed away from it until recently

I think I just need One more cowplant scense and One point in fishing, and then it will be just waiting until my heir ages up, she's still a child so there's plenty of time xD

I'm not a full member yet, but maybe when I can't I'll show a couple pictures to show you my family :) also, you can find my MS and my houses (nothing fancy really xD I'm still learning how to build so they're kinda akward) under the user name 'Ginnynena' :D (CC marked, but they're actually mostly CC-less)

Anyways, I hope Everybody is having fun :D and thanks a lot to Vihisha for creating thid challenge!
  • Options
    Hi @SalemSvartulv, that's great you are playing the drfter challenge too!
    The thread for house 3 was deleted for unknown reason, but you can find the rules here:
    http://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-drifter-challenge-house-003-rules.html

Sounds like you are doing great with the house challenge!
    It would be great if you would post pictures of your family.
  • Options
    SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    I've been having a busy week but I had some time todahy so I decided to stop by to share the pictures :D thanks a lot for your welcome @illusie :D I think that's the site I got the rules from when I searched from google

so with the pictures, I don't have much from my house 001 because I started taking them way at the end xD

JDc8p8H.png
    first we have my founder Jayden Chaney teaching his youngest some skills while she chats with her older sister, heiress Raye Chaney
    DYhZJcl.png
    then, a picture of his wife Bonnie watching tv with Rachel, while Jayden was baking the heir her YA birthday cake (Rachel was kind of a midlife crisis baby xD I was bored of waiting for Raye to age up so she gave me something to do that time)
    6i3xj6b.png
    this one of the few pictures of Cole, second born of the house xD he was usually doing his thing (and frequently getting on my nerves by cooking burguers, Raye never touched the grill!)
    wsjq6wv.png
    and then, a picture of Raye after she aged up to young adult, I love her :D she's so pretty :heart:

Then, with house 2 came the never old "hunting for a working sim to marry but nobody is elegible" xD
    Fz6NMBu.png
    I'm honestly still sad about her xD she was beautiful mail carrier and a young adult, and her name was Blair, one of my favorites...but she was a female!

J3rUsYt.png
    Luckily, this guy appeared a couple days later, I didn't wanted to marry her to an old repairman xD His name was Marquise Hollinsworth (pretty epic if you ask me xD) and he was honestly the best uncontrollable sim I've had! even with his badboy look, he was a sweetheart :kissing_closed_eyes:
    Uvyzk90.png
    poKQ0rG.png
    quo5iEq.png
    here's he teaching to talk to their two kids, Avery and Dakota, and being all love and kisses with Raye. I still miss him now he has passed away :heartbreak:
    7QjwH8p.png
    aaand elder Raye hanging out with his son just before he blowed the candles :D
    Avery became my first sim ever with 4 positive character values! he just missed control resolution for too little :cry:

I don't wanna do thismuch longer xD so I think I'll post my house 003 once it gets completed :D I'm exited about moving to house 004! long time since I played the science career

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top