Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suzses' Builds - Updated 8/6/2020 with Bella Villa Con Ponte

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    The exterior design of Home Base is very nice! :) The large dormer looks great! The flower box windows and the flowers in the front garden areas looks very pretty! The plants are nice touches on the edges of the home. Very nice back patio area for Sims to enjoy cooking on the bbq amd eating meals outdoors in the air The stairs to the front and back porches looks great. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the open plan dining and living room area is very nice! The bookcases look very nice placed either sides of the fireplace and tv. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv in front of the fire. The plants are nice touches of green and nature in the room. It looks very nice the way that there are two dining chairs on each side of the table. Sims will have fun playing chess. Very nice design of the kitchen area! The stove nook is great! Nice art nook on the upper landing for Sims to enjoy painting on the easel. The colours of the beds and the wall paneling in the bedrooms looks very nice.
    It is a very nice base game home :)
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow for your always encouraging comments. :)<3
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    SouthernSimSouthernSim Posts: 35 Member
    Girl, I don't know where you got the idea that you can't build! These are AMAZING! So unique, too! I love that little stove in the archway idea. I'm gonna have to use that one!
  • Options
    @SouthernSim Thanks for stopping by and for nice comments. :) Just FYI, the one thing about that stove in the archway is you have to use move objects on to pull it forward far enough that a sim can interact with it.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    SouthernSimSouthernSim Posts: 35 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    @SouthernSim Thanks for stopping by and for nice comments. :) Just FYI, the one thing about that stove in the archway is you have to use move objects on to pull it forward far enough that a sim can interact with it.

Thanks for the tip! I was wondering how you made it usable!
  • Options
    mercedes_ra1nmercedes_ra1n Posts: 1 New Member
    Love it!
  • Options
    @mercedes_ra1n Thanks! :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Hello, everyone. I've spent a good deal of the Summer in my custom Sunset Valley that I began mostly empty and would like to share a couple builds I made for it. In it I've used a lot of @GreenCats ' wonderful Barnacle Bay builds, plus some also very lovely lots by @Jessabeans that are along the same theme. In the small lots across from the beach on Sun Song Avenue, I placed a smaller build by GreenCats and wanted other houses that fit in with it along that block.

Initially, I built the lot I'm sharing today as an empty shell that I thought I'd wait until I had a household for it to furnish, and I planned to share the shell. But . . . while I was playing around with something really free form next door, I kept going back to it and started furnishing it. Back and forth between the two I went for a while. (I never planned to share the "house without a plan," but in the end I rather liked it. It's far from perfect but I see it as having character, and I decided I will upload it, too, but not today.)

So, for now, here are both the unfurnished shell and a furnished version of my gambrel style home on a 20x30 lot.

Harborview Gambrel
    • 3 bedrooms, 2 baths - with master suite on second floor
    • main living area has an open floor plan
    • back yard is surrounded by a hedge and has a deck with outdoor fireplace, plus patio and small garden area
    • all appliances and electronics are upgraded

44242905022_63ab3d01f4_c.jpgHarborview Gambrel Front by Sue H, on Flickr

42532170010_a88d5a655a_c.jpgGambrelCollage1 by Sue H, on Flickr

30473276828_65d251e800_c.jpgGambrelCollage2 by Sue H, on Flickr

Download links:

Furnished Version: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9246869
    Unfurnished Version: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9246859

Picture album at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmoYN9ov

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    The exterior design of Harborview Gambrel is very nice! :) The roofing design, and the texture of the exterior walls , looks great ! Nice upper balcony area. The flowers on the edges of the home look very pretty! The sunken outdoors cooking , dining and chess patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating meals in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing and open plan layout of the interior. The colour scheme looks calming and peaceful. Sims would enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows, whilst relaxing on the sofas watching tv, dining at table, or enjoy cooking meals in the kitchen. They will enjoy listening to music whilst dining. The corner windows is a nice touch in the kitchen. The items on the kitchen wall shelf are nice homely touches. It is great that a study desk is connected to the kitchen counter. Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the bedrooms . The shell pictures are a nice touch on the master bedhead wall. The strings of shells are a nice touch in the bedrooms. The window seating in the bunk bed room looks great! The giraffe is cute there!
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Hi, Rosemow. Thanks for taking a look and for your always lovely comments. I really appreciate hearing from you. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

What an adorable cottage. So beautiful and cleanly decorated. Homey yet so comfortably spacious. A perfect home for any sim. Well done! Heading off to rec :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks so much @soocoolsim . I really appreciate your stopping by to take a look. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Too cute @suzses! Love how you changed the pattern on each of the dining chair pillows! Got both of them Rec♥d!
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch @romagi1 . :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @suzses Your builds are beautiful!!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    @SheriGR Thanks! I'm glad you like them :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Happy November, everyone! I'm kind of behind here. I do have a couple things to share or soon will have ready.

Last month's Build-N-Share Challenge was for a small farm for a Chinese American (or similar ;) ) couple named Chen. I did three uploads: (1) just the farmhouse; (2) the farmhouse plus the couple somewhat played; and the couple unplayed. It was one of those budget builds, of course, so the trick was to fill it up without spending an arm and a leg. The uploaded version of the house has just a few additions that don't show in the challenge pictures, and the appliances have been upgraded.

The Chen Farmstead

30410812787_b0abd8f897_c.jpgChenFarmhouseFrontRight

45350432191_272f60c541_c.jpgChenFarmhouseNighttimeBack

44508060945_6095990d00_c.jpgZhi Canning

Lots more pictures of the house here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmrPHSdn
    and of the Chens here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskGvLZcK

Download links:

House only: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9261745
    House and couple: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9261748
    Couple only: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9261746

Newsy Stuff:

This month's Build-N-Share is a renovation of The Monotone. Mine is all done for the challenge except the picture uploading and the appliance and electronics upgrading for the uploaded lot. If you think this is something you'd like to do, too, here's a link to the details: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/373316/sims-3-build-n-share-challenge-208-fall-designer-showdown-due-11-30-18/p1 .

It's not due till the end of the month, so there's lots of time to work on it yet.

I needed to be finished, however, because I'll be joining in for the Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange that's about to start. There's still time to get on board for that, too, and it's lots of fun. Buddy letters are due this Sunday (11/11), though, so that's the only part you'd need to hurry and get done. Details are here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/950418/sims-3-happy-holidays-gift-exchange-open-for-signing-up/p1
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Very nice exterior design of The Chen Farmstead ! :) The white colour of the exterior walls looks very nice and the roof covered front porch is very nice. The outdoors areas are very nice. Very nice fenced gardening patches . Sims would enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. It is great that there is a chicken coop in the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks a warm and homely place to live. The blue colour of the windows and the blue furnishings used through the home gives a very nice look to the home. The clothes rack alcove in the bathroom looks great! The Asian style furnishings through the home looks very nice. It is great that there is a nook where Sims can do alchemy. Very nice open plan layout of the living, dining and kitchen area. The windows sofa and armchairs sitting nook is a nice light filled area for Sims to enjoy chatting together there , watching tv or reading a book, with sunshine coming in through the windows. The island bar stool and sink counter in the kitchen looks great. The hanging apron on the wall is a homely touch.
    The Chens look a very nice couple :) The blue and the red colour scheme of their clothing outfits look very nice.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow ! I always appreciate that you take the time to really look things over and leave encouraging comments. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited November 2018
    @suzes I agree with what everyone else said! Your builds are awesome! I really love how realistic your interiors and exteriors are, I would live in any one of them. My favorite is definitely Harborview Gambrel because I have a small obsession with gambrel roofs :smiley: I also love the Chen Farmstead because it looks great for someone who loves to play with gardening and cooking!
  • Options
    Thanks so much, @equuest I love gambrel roofs, too. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    You create some truly beautiful lots. My favourite has to be The Birchwood. It looks so homely!
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
  • Options
    Thank you @Lilypink79 . I appreciate your stopping by and taking time to comment. :)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Good morning, friends. It's sure feeling like winter here on the East Coast US, but it's still lovely autumn in Hylewood, a very small world by Nilxis. I built my submission for this month's Build-N-Share Challenge there and thought I'd share it here, as well as another small cottage I built for my own Hylewood game.

For Build-N-Share, our task was to remake what was basically The Monotone from Sunset Valley, using provided furnishings that weren't quite what were in the original, plus whatever else we wanted to add with a very nice budget to use. There have been some really diverse and lovely creations submitted.

My build is called Autumn's Kiss. I did upgrade appliances for my upload and filled up the nectar shelves which appear empty in pictures. The small garden area has buydebug plants this time. Here are a couple screenshots plus links to the Build-N-Share thread, my lot on the exchange, and my picture album for the build:

Autumn's Kiss

45753949642_0029cc8d63_b.jpgAutumnsKissFront3 by Sue H, on Flickr

45754041352_a0a8582986_b.jpgAutumnsKissPorch4 by Sue H, on Flickr

Build-N-Share Challenge: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/16809909/#Comment_16809909

Autumn's Kiss on the Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9266585

More pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmvBXrKR

River Cottage

Hylewood is, as already mentioned, a very small world and is most suitably used as a travel destination. However, I decided to try to make it a fully functional primary world. Because I used several of the residential lots along the waterfront for my community lots, I needed to find a few other spots for houses. River Cottage is placed at the location of a commercial lot along a stream in the center of the island, which was likely intended to be something like a fishing spot. It's a small lot (20x10). If you plan to use it in another world, I would recommend putting it on a somewhat larger lot since there is very little lot space that's not taken up by house. River Cottage is one-bedroom, one-bath, but has a full unfinished basement available for future use. I did not upgrade appliances this time because I intend to use it for a handy sim who needs to level up the skill.

45374578194_8184544ac6_c.jpgRiverCottageFront1 by Sue H, on Flickr

44282596510_8e0c236463_c.jpgRiverCottage1stFloor2 by Sue H, on Flickr

45374734984_7308ba500b_c.jpgRiverCottageBedroom1 by Sue H, on Flickr

River Cottage on the Exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9269839

More pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnJW2Dy

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Your makeover of the Monotone is very nice! :) The lattice roof front entry area and the plants there and on the diamonds look very nice! Very nice outdoors living, dining,and pool back patio! The flowers and plants there look very nice and pretty!. Sims will enjoy resting on the armchairs , sofa or loungers chatting or enjoy eating a bbq meal at the table. They will enjoy swimming in the pool, and keep warm sitting around the firepit. The raised hot tub deck looks great! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The wooden texture style of the walls and furnishings looks so very nice! The natural stone walls also look very nice. The home feels very calming, restful and very natural! The brown and green colour scheme looks very nice. The plants add very nice touches to the rooms.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Very nice exterior design of River Cottage! :) The roofing looks great! Very pretty front flower garden. It is a nice nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the table in the outdoors area in a very nice floral setting. The home looks so very nice in the Autumntime pictures !
    Very nice furnishing of the interior of this home also! The open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and living room areas looks very nice. Very nice sofa and armchair sitting area for Sims to relax and watch tv. Very nice windows study desk nook for Sims to enjoy using a tablet or laptop at the table with sunshine coming in onto them. Nice art corner nook for painting pictures on the easel. The type of curtains used in the home looks very nice. The floral curtain blinds in the kitchen look pretty and the hanging plants and flower wall wreath are very nice touches. Very nice master bedroom ! Sims will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in through the curtained bedroom windows onto the bed. The floral bed pattern is very nice. Very nice wall pattern in the bathroom.
    The homes are very nice! :)