The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Stuff within City Living.

_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
What I wouldn't give if Laundry Stuff had introduced basement laundry rooms for City Living apartments... I just don't have the space (excluding penthouses) otherwise!
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    :( But wouldn't a basement laundry room have been cool?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    What I wouldn't give if Laundry Stuff had introduced basement laundry rooms for City Living apartments... I just don't have the space (excluding penthouses) otherwise!

I didn't see any new rooms in the library but I could have missed them.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member

I think OP meant the pack introducing a new room (like outside of the apartment) for people to wash their clothes in

And honestly, I agree! It would have been super awesome; many dorms/apartments have a laundry room and I would have loved to see that; we could use the elevator to reach it!
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    edited August 2018
    Shinzen wrote: »

I think OP meant the pack introducing a new room (like outside of the apartment) for people to wash their clothes in

And honestly, I agree! It would have been super awesome; many dorms/apartments have a laundry room and I would have loved to see that; we could use the elevator to reach it!

PC didn't make a new room type specifically called laundry room so console wouldn't either. We can still however make our own laundry rooms and put all the laundry day stuff in them. Basements would work good for this.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member

A* That is exactly what I meant. Just click on the elevator and go to the laundry room and bam! A few washing machines, dryers, a sink, some cabinets and maybe seats and a book shelf?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    PC didn't make a new room type specifically called laundry room so console wouldn't either. We can still however make our own laundry rooms and put all the laundry day stuff in them. Basements would work good for this.

Basements would work well in a normal home, but, unfortunately, we can't have built basements in apartments, which is why I agree with the OP and think it would be a good idea to have that little separate room, just for fun and convenience considering most of the small apartments only have a very tiny bathroom, a living room, a bedroom, and a kitchen.

A* That is exactly what I meant. Just click on the elevator and go to the laundry room and bam! A few washing machines, dryers, a sink, some cabinets and maybe seats and a book shelf?

Ooooh, yes! And each apartment building would have a differently styled laundry room to match the theme of the building, which is super exciting imo, haha. I think it'd be cute.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png