Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New gallery not working correctly

AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
There are probably already threads about this but I didn't find any on the recent dicussions so...

I'm having this issue in which the gallery only shows the most popular creations, if I try to search for a specific creator or creation it tells me 'No Results Found' (same on the web gallery btw). Everything else works just fine (my profile, the news tab,...) and it doesn't freeze or anything. But it won't let me search for content!

Is this happening to someone else? I want to know if it's worth to try without mods or to repair my game (which takes a lot of time) or this is happening to simmers in general before doing so!

Edit: Also my cache folder is getting flooded with lots of thumbnails from the creations even if I was just scrolling down the gallery :/
My Origin ID is AbyArashi

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Yes, I was searching for a specific creator last night and it gave me no results. Searching for 'wedding' this morning gave me no results for a wedding Lot. I have no mods or cc.

The gallery is all over the place though, yesterday my profile was fine, this morning I apparently have no shared creations and no favourites.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    That's too bad. It seems the unhappy trade-off is for every 'fix' something else gets broken. :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Same here... I'm having the same problems with the gallery..
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    Ok so it's a general issue. Uuugh I hope we don't have to wait that much till they fix it because I like to use the gallery and it's not working at all! All I keep seeing is that popular now tab and it's making me crazy
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited August 2018
    @AbyArashi Have you tried to repair your game and deleting the cache?
    Delete Cache Files

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    @AbyArashi Have you tried to repair your game and deleting the cache?
    Delete Cache Files

@Nindigo As I say in the first post, I want to know if it's a general issue before trying to repair my game since I have all the packs and it takes a lot of time. But yeah, I've deleted the cache files and still no luck, sadly!
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    I posted in the stream update thread about this too. I pulled my mods prior to the update and still haven't put them back in. Repair game is the first thing I do after EVERY update. I delete cache files everyday before I load the game. I hardly have any of the bugs I see posted however the gallery is completely bugged for me. It's frustrating!
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited August 2018
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    @Nindigo As I say in the first post, I want to know if it's a general issue before trying to repair my game since I have all the packs and it takes a lot of time.

That is usually not the way to go about it. If you want help, folks will want to hear if you tried everything you can first, so it can be ruled out that it is on your end the issue is rooted. It only takes a couple of minutes to repair even with all packs. That is hardly a long time.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
    Nindigo wrote: »
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    @Nindigo As I say in the first post, I want to know if it's a general issue before trying to repair my game since I have all the packs and it takes a lot of time.

That is usually not the way to go about it. If you want help, folks will want to hear if you tried everything you can first, so it can be ruled out that it is on your end the issue is rooted. It only takes a couple of minutes to repair even with all packs. That is hardly a long time.

Maybe it takes only a few minutes for you but for me it takes between 15 and 30 mins and that's a long time for me if I can avoid it by finding out if it's a general issue, or a issue of my game specifically.
    I posted in the stream update thread about this too. I pulled my mods prior to the update and still haven't put them back in. Repair game is the first thing I do after EVERY update. I delete cache files everyday before I load the game. I hardly have any of the bugs I see posted however the gallery is completely bugged for me. It's frustrating!

Gosh we shouldn't need to do all of that to play a game smh. I guess everyone is experiencing a lot of bugs with the gallery, hope they fix it soon!
    kreatora wrote: »

Already posted there but nobody replied! But thanks! I wanted to know as quick as possible if this was happening to someone else ^^
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    You guys are unchecking the "popular now" button right?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    You guys are unchecking the "popular now" button right?

@Zeldaboy180 Yep! I noticed it when I was looking for a ID anyway. But for me it doesn't work no matter if I uncheck the Popular Now tag!
    edited August 2018

@ronnigirl67 Great........... Thank you!! I'm already repairing my game anyway ( ;u;) (now it'll take forever)
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    @AbyArashi You're welcome! Hope your game repair goes quickly.......also, hoping this gets fixed quickly! :)
  • cromicon1cromicon1 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey it's shows me too that theres nothing in the gallery in anywhere
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    cromicon1 wrote: »
    hey it's shows me too that theres nothing in the gallery in anywhere

Hello
    There are issues with the Gallery at the moment. It would be best to see if the issue has been fixed a little later on .
  • ToxicTeaToxicTea Posts: 1 New Member
    you guys have problems I don't have but instead whenever i click on a creation and theres like a zoom in on everything but when i want to see other creations i click the x button and the screen turns into a dark shade like im still looking at the creation while im not.
    ToxicTea wrote: »
    you guys have problems I don't have but instead whenever i click on a creation and theres like a zoom in on everything but when i want to see other creations i click the x button and the screen turns into a dark shade like im still looking at the creation while im not.

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the patch.
    Custom careers have been broken by the latest patch so it would be best to also remove them.

If the issue remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • lizzzza98lizzzza98 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having gallery issues too. It won't let me download a lot or household to my library, and will not let me place them either. When I try a message pop up saying "Cannot place content because it was created with a newer version of the game. Restart your game to check for updates." has this happened to anyone else? ive restarted the game and my computer many times and it won't work. Please help!!
    lizzzza98 wrote: »
    I'm having gallery issues too. It won't let me download a lot or household to my library, and will not let me place them either. When I try a message pop up saying "Cannot place content because it was created with a newer version of the game. Restart your game to check for updates." has this happened to anyone else? ive restarted the game and my computer many times and it won't work. Please help!!
    Hello @lizzzza98
    Try starting a fresh new save game and test to see if you can download the lots and households to your library, and test to see if you can place them into the game.
    If you can do that, go back to your old current save game, and try recovering an earlier version of the save and test to see if the issues are in that save game version or not. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • AECQUETHENAECQUETHEN Posts: 1 New Member
    My Gallery is also not working?... I can't see anything in the community gallery and all of my personal uploads are not showing. It was working yesterday.. I have updated mods, took the mods completely out of my game, restarted multiple times, repaired the game, and checked for updates... any recommendations?
    edited August 2018
    AECQUETHEN wrote: »
    My Gallery is also not working?... I can't see anything in the community gallery and all of my personal uploads are not showing. It was working yesterday.. I have updated mods, took the mods completely out of my game, restarted multiple times, repaired the game, and checked for updates... any recommendations?

Hello @AECQUETHEN
    SimQARobo has posted this in another thread.
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    We're looking into the Gallery being down.