Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here a Moo there a Moo everywhere a Moo Moo...

KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
Move Objects On, you either love it or hate it. I am one of the people that can't live without it <3

In this thread I am hoping to not only share with you some of the things I use MOO for, but get some MOO ideas from all of you too!

Before we start I wanted to give a little bit of advice to anyone who is new to MOO.

If you create a room/lot to share on the gallery please for the love of plumbobs play test your build. There is nothing more disappointing (to not only the downloader but the creator too) than getting something in your game to find that your sim route fails or worse still your lovely work that you painstakingly put together doesn't even show up :'(
The best way to test your MOO work is to not only check it in Live mode but to save the room/lot to your library and then place it on another lot and see if everything is the way it should be.

Now on with the show! I will start off with some really simple ones:

Fruit basket:
  • Traditional Harvest Basket - Jungle Adventures (you will need to use "bb.showhiddenobjects" to see them)
  • Bowl of Fruit - Base Game
Shrink the bowl of fruit down once and then just plop it onto the basket and thats it.
1xXYWr4.jpg

Modern Console Table:
  • The Immaculate Shelf - Base Game
  • Laramidian Endtable - Base Game x2
Enlarge the shelf once, place on the wall. Use alt to move everything into place.
jr5umRu.jpg

Ladder Desk:
  • May Be Bar Height Communal Table - Dine Out
  • RAW Bookshelf - Base Game x2
  • Restless Thankless Medical Stool - Get To Work (any bar stool will work)
Place a bookshelf at either end of the table and your done. Please note the bookshelves are NOT functional this way.
BrR7zgM.jpg

Table Lamps:
  • Lunatech Floor Lamp With Shade - Base Game
  • Long John Buttercups Floor Lamp - Base Game
  • Cornerstone Lamp - Base Game
  • Not Your Grandma's Lamp - Cats and Dogs
  • The Watchful Eye - Get To Work
  • Long John Buttercups Table Lamp - Base Game
  • Classic Bollard - Get Together
  • Picturesque Vase - City Living
  • Potted into a Corner - Dine Out
  • The Endurn - Base Game
  • Grandmother's Urn - Base Game
There are many combinations you can use to make some new table lamps, I find the lamps and bases I listed to work best but I am sure there are others out there.
You will need to shrink most of these items down once or twice to get them to fit nicely. Just play around with them until you get the look you want. Then raise them with the 9 key to sit on top of your surface. If using the floor lamps you will need to place them onto a solid surface because the base of the lamp shows through the bottom of your base but is hidden by your side table/console/desk etc.
XcgHKIx.jpg
Post edited by Kementari on

Comments

• KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited February 2020
    Vanity Table:
    • Coiffeuse de Champs Les Sims - Vintage Glamor
    • Executron Executive Desk - Base Game
    • Elegant Slip Covered Dining Chair - Cats and Dogs (any dining/desk chair will work)
    Make sure you place your chair onto your vanity table first (otherwise it will not function) then put the desk over the top of the vanity table. Use alt to push the vanity table back a bit to hide the drawers in the front.
    k8xvDms.jpg

Bench Seating:
    • In and Out Picnic Table - Outdoor Retreat (most picnic tables will work)
    • Simplicity Dining Table - Base Game (the Mega Table from BG also works)
    • Rigid Wicker Roost - Seasons x2 (any dining chairs work)
    Place the dining table over the top of the picnic table of your choice, then add your chairs onto the end. Easy! Make sure you use one of the two dining tables listed, any other table will bleed through onto the picnic table. I have noticed one issue with this set up and only on occasion. Sometimes when directed to clean up the plates at the ends of your table the sim will route fail and you will have to move it first or clean it your self.
    cIyTkZk.jpg

Hanging Plant:
    • Hanging Fern - Jungle Adventures x2 (can use 3 or 4 if you want a fuller look)
    • Lightrope Pole - Toddler Stuff Pack
    Shrink your fern down twice and your pole down 3 times. Raise the pole so that the top hits the ceiling. Angle your camera to look directly down on the pole. Raise the fern 4+ times (depending how low you want the plant to hang) and center it just over the pole, do the same for the other fern. This is for the shortest wall height, if you are using a higher wall height you can shrink the ferns once and the pole twice for a bigger plant. This will only work outside because the fern has a weird shadow that does not shrink with the plant :( (there is now a version of this plant in the "liveeditobjects" that does not cast a shadow and can be used inside)
    If you don't have Toddler Stuff Pack you could use Lumpen Lumeniat Pillar Lamp as the pole, you will need to shrink it and hide the top of the lamp in the ceiling. You could use a ceiling light for the pole but they disappear in live mode and the you are left with a floating plant lol.
    iTI7f1f.jpg

Fireplace Bases:
    • Any Fireplace
    • Stoney Goodness Slab - Spa Day
    • Siren's Glowing Pylon - City Living (optional)
    Choose your fireplace and raise it once to get the look of the first image or twice for the look of the second image. Grab your stone slabs and place them around the base using alt. For the second style I enlarged 3 slabs once each and placed them under the fireplace and then surrounded those slabs with some more. The only issue is that the light from the fireplace only hits the middle slabs making them a slightly different color.
    OrPpnpR.jpg

tr8NBYa.jpg
    edited February 2020
    Entertainment Units:
    • The Immaculate Shelf - Base Game x4 or 5
    • BlandCo Contemporary Cabinet - Base Game x2
    • The Landlord Whisperer - Base Game
    • Various Clutter and Lamps
    Place your Cabinets against the wall at the very bottom. Shrink the stereo once and raise it once, center it between your cabinets. Place 2 shelves (enlarged once) at the top and bottom of your cabinets. Make sure you do it in this order. For some reason if you place the shelves first and then the stereo your sim wont be able to listen or dance to it. For the second look, instead of the stereo use another shelf and add clutter to your liking. Add some table lamps and a TV and your done :)
    NWajcVn.jpg

Console Table:
    • Nu Metal Pedestal - Get To Work x2
    • Vault Wall Cabinets - Base Game x3 (any cabinet will work some look better than others)
    • Various Clutter and Lamps
    Place your display tables against a wall. Make sure to use the smaller (shorter/thinner what ever you like to call them) wall cabinets and place them over the top of the display tables. Add your clutter, lamps, TV and your done :)
    kUKHlrB.jpg

Now onto some that a little more tedious:

4 Poster Bed:
    • Crosshatch Delight - Seasons
    • Ode to Jazz 5: "Ivory" - Base Game x4
    • A Lonely Post - City Living x 4
    This takes a lot of patience to get everything just right. Place your bed so that it just goes through the wall. Shrink your posts down twice each and place them at the corners of the bed. Place one of the paintings at the head of the bed and raise it so that the bottom of the painting is just touching the mattress. Knock out the wall behind the bed. Place another painting the opposite direction in front of the first painting to hide the image on the first painting, leaving a small gap between the paintings. Go back to your first painting and bring it forward off the wall to close the gap. The reason I do this is so that the bed head does not show through to the other side of the wall. Replace your wall. Using alt move the bed so that the first set of pillow are hidden by the paintings and wall. Place a painting at the foot of the bed, place another painting in the opposite direction behind the first one to hide the image. Now using alt move your bed post into the edges of the paintings so that it all looks seamless.
    ixTwvP9.jpg

Medieval/Historical Counter:
    • Any Kitchen Island
    • Flower Woodcut - Get Together x 3 (use more if you want to hide the back wall under the counter)
    • Stain Resistance Window Valance - Parenthood
    • woodPlankGEN_01 - Base Game x7 (you will need to use "bb.showhiddenobjects" to see them)
    • Mega End Table - Base Game
    • Various Clutters
    This can be a little tedious too :) Place 2 of your wood planks on top of the mega end table, grab them off the table and then raise them once each (this is done to get the correct height so that when your sim uses your counter the food doesn't clip through the planks). Enlarge these 2 planks 4 times each. Place one of these planks against a wall then place the other in front of it. Using alt move the back plank towards the front plank to close the gap. Knock out your wall behind your planks and to each side of them. Grab your flower woodcut wall deco and add one to each end of your planks these are the sides of your cabinet.
    Take the rest of your planks and enlarge them twice each. Place one on the floor against the wall and under your top planks. I like to place mine on the right but you can place them on the left if you prefer. Place 2 more planks on the floor in front of this plank, one in front of the other to form your base.
    Grab your last wall deco and place it under your top planks with the face of it hitting the left edge of your floor planks. Grab your curtain and place it between the wall deco on the left and the one in the middle "ish". Replace your wall. take the last 2 planks and raise them 4 times each. Place one against the wall above your floor planks and then place the other in front of it. This forms your shelf. Grab your counter and place it at the end you placed your curtain. Add your Clutter around the fake counter making sure to keep your real counter free so that the sim can actually use it. Now shrink your real counter down all the way.
    1WClTGO.jpg

Medieval/Historical Counter with Sink:
    • Any Kitchen Island x2
    • Ain't That A Slate Sink - Seasons
    • Flower Woodcut - Get Together x 2 (use more if you want to hide the back wall under the counter)
    • Stain Resistance Window Valance - Parenthood x3
    • woodPlankGEN_01 - Base Game x2 (you will need to use "bb.showhiddenobjects" to see them)
    • Mega End Table - Base Game
    • Various Clutters
    Same as above for the first part. Place 2 of your wood planks on top of the mega end table, grab them off the table and then raise them once each (this is done to get the correct height so that when your sim uses your counter the food doesn't clip through the planks). Enlarge these 2 planks 4 times each. Place one of these planks against a wall then place the other in front of it. Using alt move the back plank towards the front plank to close the gap. Knock out your wall behind your planks and to each side of them. Grab your flower woodcut wall deco and add one to each end of your planks these are the sides of your cabinet.
    Grab your curtains and place them under the wood planks. Raise your sink once and place it in the middle (or to the side if you prefer) of your counter. The sink I have listed is the ONLY sink that this will look good with, any other sink the bowl is to deep and the wood planks will show through the bottom. Grab your counters and place them behind your curtains. Add your Clutter around the fake counter making sure to keep your real counter free so that the sim can actually use it. Now shrink your real counter down all the way.
    The only issue with this is the animation when using the sink is a little off.
    2J3hCDJ.jpg
  • flowerofavalon87flowerofavalon87 Posts: 105 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to put this together! :smile: That's really helpful! And inspiring, I wouldn't have thought of half those things!
  • SimfubzSimfubz Posts: 6 New Member
    These are such creative and inspiring Moo ideas! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Thank you all for the lovely comments :)
    I have many many more samples to come. I also might post some things I have seen from other people with my own twist (credit given for the original idea of course).
    I would love to see some other peoples ideas too!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2018
    I love the creativity behind this, but I personally don't like using the cheat and I don't like having builds in my game with stuff like this. Don't get me wrong, but this is just aesthetics, it's ultimately fake to me not real buy mode assets, and because many of those objects remain unplayable I don't use it. I only use moo on plant decorations mostly for exteriors.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I understand where you are coming from @Sigzy05 As I said at the start you either love it or hate it. :D
    I myself make sure 90% of my MOO work is playable, the bookcases on that desk are the only thing that isn't, but I always make sure there is at least one other usable bookshelf in the build too.
    I mean whats the point of going to all that effort and then not being able to use it right? lol
    edited February 2020
    IKEA Kitchen Rack:
    • Picture Perfect Art Lighting - Base Game x5
    • Toilet Paper Roll Holder - Base Game x4
    • Athlete's Trophy Case - Base Game x2
    • Spicebox Duo - Dine Out x2
    • It's Magic! Utensils - Cool Kitchen Stuff
    • Perfect Bloomin' Poof - Dine Out x3 (other plants work too, play around with different kinds)
    • bucket_GP01GEN - Outdoor Retreat x5 (you will need to use "bb.showhiddenobjects" to see them)
    Another tedious one for you :) I saw this on a video by The Sim Cache over on Youtube and loved the end result. That whole video is full of great ideas.
    Set up your Kitchen anyway you want. Shrink down the 5 lights once each and place them on the wall. You can use more or less depending on how long you want your rack. Make sure they are high enough above the counters to not interfere with the ability to use the counters. ( If you want the same height I have, place them at the same height as the counter then raise them 3 times with your mouse and then hit the 9 key once).
    Shrink down your buckets one time each. Raise them up 17 times with the 9 key. Place One bucket against the wall (in front of your lights) where ever you want your plant situated, I placed mine on the left hand side. Now comes the fiddly part. Move your camera angle to be directly above the bucket, move the light behind it away for now so you can see the red handle. Place the rest of the buckets against the wall using the red handle as a guide to line them up as close as possible. You can just use one bucket and plant if you want but I like the look of a longer bucket planter. Place your light back. Shrink your plant so that it fits nicely in the bucket. For the one I used I shrank it once. Depending on the plant you choose, raise it up to fit in the bucket. I had to place my plant on the bottom of the "Mucho Modern Display Shelves" from Get To Work and then raise it up 16 times with the 9 key, to get it to fit properly.
    Place your Utensils in the middle (or where ever you want them on your rack) just under the lights. Hit the 9 key once to raise them to fit perfectly.
    Place one toilet roll under your light where ever you choose to have your "paper towel" then place the other 3 on either side to form your paper towel.
    Shrink the Trophy Case down 3 times. Place on the wall over the top of the lights (again where ever you want them situated) don't worry about the height for now you are going to have to use alt to get it in the right place later on. Shrink your spicebox down once. To get it too look like its sitting on the trophy case properly you are going to have to do the same thing as I did with the plant, place it on the bottom of the "Mucho Modern Display Shelves" from Get To Work and then raise it up 15 times with the 9 key. Use alt to move it back towards the wall. Now using alt move your trophy case down to fit properly. Repeat these steps if you want more than one spice rack like mine.
    USMqmMK.jpg
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    I love using Moo cheat and I'm with you can't build without it but I did do one build challenge was not to use Moo cheat not the same when you can do much greater things with Moo and now we have the shrinking tool even better I haven't explored much what you can it's a new way of design decorating and I love what you show here in this thread maybe have this stick at the top so you dont lose this thread if one of the EA mods do this for you it would be great :)
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited July 2018
    I find the other thing to watch out for with MOO is also flickering! Sometimes I can get away with offsetting them just a bit and they won't flicker and still look OK.

Your ideas are great! Thanks for sharing!

A kitchen hutch with wall cabinets, shelf and dresser. Windowsills.

8eBOdeG.png

A carved canopy bed

4cQvvQc.png

Thank you, @rosemow!!!
    @withlovejulien Love that kitchen hutch very clever :) I do the same thing if I get some flickering in game, its very distracting in live mode isnt it? lol
  • Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    First of all, I never thought of the abbreviation for move objects on as MOO. That's pretty nice. I use MOO when ever I build any type of lot. I use MOO in the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen most often. All of the screenshots looked really good! Thanks for all the ideas!
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
    Thanks, @Kementari!
  • JKaorinJKaorin Posts: 30 Member
    This is an amazing thread! Now I am going to make a even bigger effort to combine objects and make new things. It really gives a home a refreshing look when moo is used so creatively as I saw on that video. By the way that video was so informative and awesome... I really should be taking notes while watching it. lol I am also bookmarking this thread to try out everyone's great ideas.

Oh, I did remember looking at a build that had an upright piano in it by combining a dresser or table with the digital piano. Sorry I can't post pics but something I always wanted to see in the game since the grand piano is too big and the digital piano so dinky. ^_^
  • Sbodine89Sbodine89 Posts: 144 Member
    @Kementari These are all such great ideas! I love using MOO for my builds, it just makes the build look that much "richer" and real to me. and I always try to avoid the flickering aswell lol
    edited May 2019
    Its been a long time since I have posted here but I have a new Moo for you today!

With the introduction of seasons I was getting so sick of my Sims deciding to eat outside when it was raining, because the table umbrellas are not water proof (go figure). So I came up with a solution, now its not the best looking thing in the world but it does work!

Here are the step by step instructions, with pics, to make a "working" table umbrella.

Step 1:
    Take your outdoor table with umbrella and place a 1x1 room right next to it.
    54txc6.jpg

Step 2:
    Grab the little box with up and down arrows and pull the room down until it sits just under the bottom of the umbrella like so.
    b6t6bk.jpg
    2uzxm5x.jpg

Step 3:
    Grab the Hexagonal roof (finally found a use for this roof lol) and place it on top of your room, decrease the size so its 1x1 and pull the eaves out once.
    2w3yr28.jpg
    2091ua1.jpg

Step 4:
    Delete your room and you will have just a floating roof next to your table.
    2888bj5.jpg

Step 5:
    Place your table underneath the floating roof and then lower the roof until it sits flush with your umbrella.
    358w3ux.jpg
    14nr6t.jpg

Step 6:
    Chose a roof color that compliments your umbrella and there you have it! Totally waterproof! It works with all umbrellas too!
    2qjg7sn.jpg
    2iqn3g5.jpg

You can also make the awning that came with Get Together and Jungle Adventures waterproof too by using the same method, though you wont need to pull the room down for these.
    zuk3ee.jpg

I think my fav is the Jungle adventures one, it doesn't even look like there is a roof underneath it. And if you make the roof glass you can even still see the beams under the awning :)
    2iqz41t.jpg

I even tested this and it does transfer through the gallery! The roofs did not drop :D The only time they did drop was when I changed the wall height of the level they were on.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @Kementari Great idea's! Thanks for sharing! Bookmarked! :)
    Thanks @haswh :D
  • Briah42Briah42 Posts: 35 Member
    @Kementari Okay these are seriously SO MIND-BLOWINGLY INCREDIBLE!!! This is so creative and impressive, thank you for sharing these tips! :)
    Thank you @Briah42 and you are more than welcome :)
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Kementari Any new things to show us? Your so creative I'd love to see what else you have to share!! :)

Maybe you could put your cleaning cart idea from the ship here or the dumpster...
    edited July 2019
    Thanks @haswh :) I have a BUNCH of stuff I could show, I just have to get around to posting it lol. And yes the cleaning cart is one of them :)