Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Feeling really motivated this morning, so I'm working on my next chapter! :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    I've posted a forum thread for my simlit here in case anyone wants to follow along with it! :)
    37oYgl3.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

I love the way that you update because it fits my reading style and habits, which is to open my WordPress reader in the morning after breakfast and before bed at night, and then read whatever's been posted in the interim. I always look forward to your posts!

At the same time, if you decide to switch your posting pattern, that would work for me, too--I'd just read your posts whenever they showed up! I'd miss them it was a week before posts, though. But I'd live!

Thanks, @CathyTea I'm thinking with five stories I could assign each of them a day and have one chapter come out on that day. Provided I could keep track of what dates I'd already scheduled something for. That way I could take breaks and use those extra days for other things.
    image.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    So a Canadian author Jean Little, wrote a fictional story from the point of view of the Kellers' cook daughter who was Helen's closet companion before "The Teacher" came. I never even heard (despite doing a project on Helen in elementary school)-of this person until now. The only mention in history of Martha Washington (the name of the cook's daughter) is in Helen's book "Story of my Life"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »

whats retrograde? i failed science.

It's when, from the perspective of the earth, a planet appears to be moving backwards, in "retrograde." It isn't really, but the way the elipses line up, it appears to be. In astrology, the energies aligned with Mercury connect to transportation/movement, communications, and electronics. So, during Mercury retrograde, when this energy seems to flow a bit backward or be hindered, that's when it's likely to have missed flights, cars that don't start, miscommunications, and computer glitches. It seems like it could be fanciful, right? But there are so many accounts and even data that supports this.

In my own experience of watching Mercury retrogrades for a few decades, I nearly always notice it through weird computer stuff that happens then.

Omg. That makes way to much sense.

thats cuse cathtea teaches english composition not science, i think it also helped that i told her i flunked science. so its simplified.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited August 2018
    well since no one showed up i assume no cleaning day. i don't have a phone right now so if they call i won't get it. so its bender day again. that name popped up in randnizer thing the first time i started them and it just happened to be new years eve so i thought it suited them. the irony is i don't drink.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    The explanation was fantastic and also explains my issues lately xD
    So does anyone thinks its fine for "Cinderella Day" for the people to fast because I'm going with the belief that Cinderella didn't get to eat alot of food (just scraps from the step-family's table)?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So does anyone thinks its fine for "Cinderella Day" for the people to fast because I'm going with the belief that Cinderella didn't get to eat alot of food (just scraps from the step-family's table)?

That makes perfect sense to me.
    image.png

That makes perfect sense to me.

I didn't think I would ever have use for the "Fast" tradition but apparently I have. Really wish there was a "Sleep" tradition.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Okay. So, just a note. I'm probably not going to be posting chapters of any story for a while. Think I burnt myself out getting the BL gen 3 teen arc done as I have 0 motivation to do any screenshotting or writing right now.
    37oYgl3.png
    edited August 2018
    Hey guys anyone want to give a guess of what "Olaffest" would be in my Swanson Legacy?

I played the lottery once and the money want to Jane and HAM's surviving grandparent (Jay's Mom)
    6adMCGP.gif
    Hey guys anyone want to give a guess of what "Olaffest" would be in my Swanson Legacy?

I played the lottery once and the money want to Jane and HAM's surviving grandparent (Jay's Mom)

I haven't had the chance to check out your legacy, but when I read "Olaffest" the first thing that comes to mind is something to do with the character Olaf from Frozen. :D
    37oYgl3.png
    edited August 2018

I haven't had the chance to check out your legacy, but when I read "Olaffest" the first thing that comes to mind is something to do with the character Olaf from Frozen. :D

@squirrelwithacup yep, you see I have two fake religions in my Swanson Legacy-One is the Anneorines (simself's first name+the 2nd half of the the word "Heroines" and each of the Disney heroines are goddess have at least one role to play)

Alice-goddess of imagation
    Anna&Elsa-goddess of Family-which Olaf represents
    Ariel-Goddess of the Sea&Arts, and summer
    Aurora Goddess of the Dawn/dreams
    Belle-Goddess of Knowledge
    Cinderella-Goddess of the Hearth (ie home)
    Elsa-besides being goddess of family, she and Snow White share winter duties
    Esmerlda-goddess of justice and outcasts
    Jane-goddess of the Jungle
    Jasmine-goddess of thieves and exotic animals
    Merdia-goddess of archery
    Megra-goddess of broken hearts
    Mulan-goddess of war
    Pochantas-goddess of the Harvest
    Rapunzel-goddess of Healing
    Tiana-goddess of Professional chefs
    Wendy-goddess of Mothers (I know she's a teenager, but the whole Peter Pan thing is about Mothers)

my simself is "Queen of Heaven"

Now what do Christians celebrate during winter? Now thing of that but in Disney terms (ie Olaffest)

P.S. the other religion is the "Evil" one and its called Enrichment
    6adMCGP.gif

@squirrelwithacup yep, you see I have two fake religions in my Swanson Legacy-One is the Anneorines (simself's first name+the 2nd half of the the word "Heroines" and each of the Disney heroines are goddess have at least one role to play)

Mulan-goddess of war
    Wendy-goddess of Mothers (I know she's a teenager, but the whole Peter Pan thing is about Mothers)

Now what do Christians celebrate during winter? Now thing of that but in Disney terms (ie Olaffest)

Wow, that sounds really interesting! :smiley: I wasn't expecting to be right about that. So it's like Christmas then?
    37oYgl3.png
    edited August 2018

Mulan-goddess of war

Wow, that sounds really interesting! :smiley: I wasn't expecting to be right about that. So it's like Christmas then?

@squirrelwithacup yeah it's basically Christmas. I had been trying to think of a name and Olaf came to me. I'm going to fudge the Father Winter and say he's a friend of either Kristoff's or the Kristoff's "troll" family to sort of keep up the Anneorine charade.

The Enrichment religion only gets one Holiday - I called it Villains' day -non-playable kids can T or T, wear costumes, cause mischief. You can probably guess what it's based on

I forgot Snow White in that list-besides winter duties w/ Elsa she's also Aurora's opposite (ie she's also the goddess of night)+She's the goddess of magic.

More or less their goddess' roles are based on something from their story (book or Disney animated versions)
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2018

Mulan-goddess of war

@squirrelwithacup yeah it's basically Christmas. I had been trying to think of a name and Olaf came to me. I'm going to fudge the Father Winter and say he's a friend of either Kristoff's or the Kristoff's "troll" family to sort of keep up the Anneorine charade.

The Enrichment religion only gets one Holiday - I called it Villians' day

I forgot Snow White in that list-besides winter duties w/ Elsa she's also Aurora's opposite (ie she's also the goddess of night)+She's the goddess of magic.

More or less their goddess' roles are based on something from their story (book or Disney animated versions)

@MadameLee I'm a huge fan of Disney so I'll have to check your story out! Obviously you like Disney too. What's your favorite movie/princess?
    37oYgl3.png

Mulan-goddess of war

@MadameLee I'm a huge fan of Disney so I'll have to check your story out! Obviously you like Disney too. What's your favorite movie/princess?

Basically the Disney Renaissance sims (ie Ariel->Mulan). The Anneorines religion doesn't show up a lot-only a couple of times. Once in Gen 3 and once again in Gen 7 my current gen. I meant for it to be shown more-but I couldn't think of a way at the beginning. Oh and if you thought the Anneorine's religion interesting, you should hear how I decided the "Enrichment" religion-PM if you want to hear
    6adMCGP.gif

Mulan-goddess of war

Basically the Disney Renaissance sims (ie Ariel->Mulan). The Anneorines religion doesn't show up a lot-only a couple of times. Once in Gen 3 and once again in Gen 7 my current gen. I meant for it to be shown more-but I couldn't think of a way at the beginning. Oh and if you thought the Anneorine's religion interesting, you should hear how I decided the "Enrichment" religion-PM if you want to hear

Disney Renaissance was great! Sure, I'll PM. :)
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup that religion sounds interesting. I did have a look at your site, but that tiny, light red text on a black background is just too hard on my eyes. Sorry.
    image.png
    @squirrelwithacup that religion sounds interesting. I did have a look at your site, but that tiny, light red text on a black background is just too hard on my eyes. Sorry.

Oh sorry. I figured I should change that, I noticed it was a little overpowering. I'll fix it!
    37oYgl3.png

@TresaofPern I changed my color theme. Sorry about that! :(
    37oYgl3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top