Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartment mod?

GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
Are there any mods out there that allow you to make an apartment? I would like to have apartments in other hoods outside of San Myshuno. Thanks for any help or advice! :D
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Nope.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    As long as I know there isn't any mod out there. But here's hoping some (very) talented madder creates an apartment lot trait or something that allows us to create our own apartment buildings outside SM.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    *cries* I was hoping my Google search would prove to be wrong, and that there was a mod out there, someplace, hiding. *sigh* Well, thanks for letting me know! And I agree, I hope some very talented modder is able to give us an apartment mod!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I honestly want an apartment mod aswell, I feel like this main big feature of CL is so wasted by not giving us a tool to create our very own apartments.. So i'm crossing my fingers aswell!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    There is a real estate mod, that allows you to buy other venues - Gym, Bar, Parks etc - but unfortunately the maker of the mod, has advised us it is not possible to buy/construct an apartment mod, as you have described above, because the game mechanics, don't allow for individual multiple residence on one lot.

It is something that EA/Maxis needs to enable in game.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The closest I've seen is people using large-household mods (if you need over 8 total on the property) + locks to simulate a multi-residence dwelling.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wonder why no one wants to create an apartment door which would supply some code to prevent Sims from wanting to enter each other's areas? They don't try to use a TV in someone's bedroom in TS4 if you lock the door. So, to me it seems some code is already there (which prevents Sims from wanting to use other areas once locked) and just a matter of the bhavs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I play a townhouse like an apartment. The couple next door are pretty much left alone direction-wise. I did play them until I got them to the point that I figured they were naturally/realistically skilled and able to have lives, so to speak.

The biggest problem is that they will occasionally route fail trying to get to something they figure is closer, but is in the other townhouse. I assume the game is capable of totally stopping this, as it isn't a problem that I can tell happens in San Myshuno. But it happens about once a Sim day at least. It seems to do mainly with the fridges for some reason, maybe since the inventory of the two fridges is shared.

Another problem I had was with locking and unlocking the doors when guests came over. That was a huge pain, and they'd keep going in each other's houses then, too. I solved it pretty much by putting their friends in a Club with them and using the Allow Club Members door lock option. I have to put new acquaintances in there if I think they're going to be coming over. I have her and friends in one Club, him and friends in another, so that I have more club slots. And when I have an Event at the house I have to stop and think if all the guests can get in. Allow Employees seems to let the caterer, etc, in.

There is a new door lock mod on MTS now that allows you to pick community Sims that they know, to let in without unlocking. It is similar to Scumbumbo's old door lock mod that started causing some problems, altho it doesn't have age groups. So I may try that out on this lot.

The next door couple's friends do come over autonomously, which is nice, and they let them in about half the time. :)

Otherwise it works semi OK. Sometimes the neighbors will get home from work and just stand outside for a couple hours. They must be gathering up the courage to go in, haha. I have them in a Club by themselves as well, which is gathering about all the time. Activities are eating, sleeping, cleaning, repairing, cooking, bathing, etc. Their Needs get a little low sometimes, but they seem to finally care for them. They don't really do their daily work Tasks, but they are high enough in their careers that I'm fine with that. He, being a Painter, still paints all the time. She is a Trainer, and works out a lot.

There is one part of the house that is accessible to both families, a game room/bar in the basement, so they can socialize if they want. They're always eating together on the patio and hanging out at the firepit as well. :smiley:
    I remember using Inge's lockable doors way back in Sims 1 days, that's how I made my apartments. And also with Sims 2, until we got Apartment Life. I figure with the underwhelming-ness of apartments in Sims 3, that with Sims 4 they would mend their ways and go back to what truly worked - Sims 2. Hopefully they have improve on the coding that is in the game, and make it possible for us to have true apartments outside of SM. Until then, @Livin in Sim , I might try something similar to how you have things set up.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• D3v1lg0dD3v1lg0d Posts: 10 New Member
    > @GoldenBuffy said:
    > Are there any mods out there that allow you to make an apartment? I would like to have apartments in other hoods outside of San Myshuno. Thanks for any help or advice! :D

if you are looking for an appartment doors mod got to http://modthesims.info/d/306576 ... i hope this helps
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I'm hoping for one too
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    edited June 2018
    D3v1lg0d wrote: »
    > @GoldenBuffy said:
    > Are there any mods out there that allow you to make an apartment? I would like to have apartments in other hoods outside of San Myshuno. Thanks for any help or advice! :D

if you are looking for an appartment doors mod got to http://modthesims.info/d/306576 ... i hope this helps

Thanks for the link, but these doors are for Sims 2. But I did use them in my old S2 save. :)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• salemdexingsalemdexing Posts: 47 Member
    im looking for a real estate mod...thought it may have been close to this section :) anyone have a link perhaps or does it even exist? :) tysm!!
  • friendlysimmerfriendlysimmer Posts: 45 Member
    Not that i know of

i7-3770
    GTX 1060
    16gb DDR3