Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 1 patch or update please.

honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims (2000)
I would like them to patch it for windows 10 or do a updated one on origin, you did a patch for the sims 2 why not for the sims 1?
Post edited by honeypooh1267 on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I would just love for them to come out with at least a digital version of Sims 1. This would solve that problem. I know I had to download the digital version of Sims Medieval because the disk just doesn't play and I only have windows 8.1.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    They probably updated Sims 2 for the following reasons:
    • They needed some good PR around the Sims series before the launch of Sims 4 due to some bad PR disasters related to Sims 4
    • There was very little time and cost needed to get the digital version ready

There hasn't been the negative PR moves with Sims 4 short of the SP that requires an EP and people not buying a SP isn't as big of an impact as people not buying a base game.

Given how old Sims 1 is, it would likely take more time and money to get it able to run on modern systems than they would get back either from increased goodwill lowering threshold to buy other EA games or from the purchase of the collection itself.

So I wouldn't hold your breath on there ever being a digital version of Sims 1. We're probably more likely to see a bundle of Sims 3 EP's and SP's or a store bundle for Sims 3 at this point than anything with Sims 1.
  • XHails_HaileyXXHails_HaileyX Posts: 14 New Member
    @Seera1024 Actually, it would be very easy to make a digital Sims 1. Barely anything has to be coded in, or recoded in, for old games. Take Baldur's Gate as an example. It's digital now, and also on mobile. Yes, mobile. This old as plum RPG can run on mobile. If we can port PC games (that were FAR more intensive than Sims 1), then EA could easily put Sims 1 on Origins.

It's just that they're 1) Too lazy, and 2) WAY TOO money hungry today. If they put the complete edition of Sims 1 on Origin, they'd charge extra for it, even though the Sims 1 is only worth around 20$ today.

It's easy to make it digital. There are plenty of pirated Sims 1 games online that are completely digital, and are the same exact things as what's on the discs. Pirated versions of Sims 1 have become even more popular recently since laptops and some modern desktops no longer have optical drives. Discs are obsolete now. But everything on a disc can be digital, and usually that's an easy process.

You just shouldn't expect to play any older games on Win 8 or 10 lol I have an emulator for older OSes because of this reason, they can trick old games into thinking they're not being played on a newer computer.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @Seera1024 Actually, it would be very easy to make a digital Sims 1. Barely anything has to be coded in, or recoded in, for old games. Take Baldur's Gate as an example. It's digital now, and also on mobile. Yes, mobile. This old as plum RPG can run on mobile. If we can port PC games (that were FAR more intensive than Sims 1), then EA could easily put Sims 1 on Origins.

It's just that they're 1) Too lazy, and 2) WAY TOO money hungry today. If they put the complete edition of Sims 1 on Origin, they'd charge extra for it, even though the Sims 1 is only worth around 20$ today.

It's easy to make it digital. There are plenty of pirated Sims 1 games online that are completely digital, and are the same exact things as what's on the discs. Pirated versions of Sims 1 have become even more popular recently since laptops and some modern desktops no longer have optical drives. Discs are obsolete now. But everything on a disc can be digital, and usually that's an easy process.

You just shouldn't expect to play any older games on Win 8 or 10 lol I have an emulator for older OSes because of this reason, they can trick old games into thinking they're not being played on a newer computer.

The pirates aren't going in and making it possible to install on newer OS's without issues (EA did it with Sims 2). EA would have to do that if they did offer it on Origin.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited August 2018
    It is possible to run The Sims 1 on Windows 10 already. All you need is a no CD patch. So it's possible if The Sims 1 were released digitally, one of the biggest hurdles to playing on Windows 10 wouldn't be an issue anymore.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    @canitbeman Oh well, it means that nothing can be done about it now :(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is a patch .exe for The Sims you must have the discs and or Double Deluxe or Complete Collection.

https://simsvip.com/2018/02/09/play-sims-1-windows-10-widescreen-fix/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    The no-cd patch is only the executable file, nothing else. For the game to work, you must be able to install The Sims with only one installation program, so the really old cd's (the original The Sims cd that was released 18 years ago and the individual EP cds) will not work. To install TS1 from cd, you need Double Deluxe or Complete Collection. To use the patch, you must then rename (do NOT delete) the original executable that was installed with The Sims, then copy the no-cd patch executable file into your Sims program files directory in the same location as the old .exe file. You must also make sure that the patch executable file is the right one for your game. Known issue with one no-cd patch: Works fine unless you switch to view your desktop or another application while playing the game - if you do that, then switch back to your game, the houses in the neighborhood don't show up unless you mouse over them, and the text looks funny.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.