Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a Council in your game? Here's info on how i elect mine!

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
Ever since TS1 I had a certain political system, laws and even welfare in my games. It's become an important part of my simming experience. So, I decided to share some of this on my blog and youtube channel.

It would be awesome to learn about other simmers' community system. If you got any, is there a Council and Spokes Sim in your game?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Very neat :)
  • foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    Very interesting, I may just have to try something like this sometime. Love the Simlish narration, by the way!
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    My system isn't nearly as defined. I like the way you did yours though. In my system I run it where I have a president and vp. With seasons elections are held 2 years (two 4 season cycles of 28 days).
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I only need an election for plot reasons in Gen 6 of my legacy.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    total dictatorship. that is all.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Hobbitmama75Hobbitmama75 Posts: 75 Member
    OMG, I love this! I am definitely going into my game right now to start this up! :smiley:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Thanks all! Glad some of you are as nerdy as I :smiley: I think the game is more fun when certain sims have a responsibility in the community, beyond just going to an ordinary job. The challenge might be to keep it within limits...
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    What a fantastic idea! I love it. In RL I'm a bit of a political wonk, so to speak. If I can pull this off in my game, it will be beneficial to my Ancestral Save, as my sixth great-grandfather went from being a Revolutionary War hero to the very first governor of Tennessee, after he and his family, plus many others, tamed western North Carolina, which became today's East Tennessee. Your idea shows great creativity. I a humbled in your presence!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I had something similar to this in TS2 and I really enjoyed it.
    I had to use mods to create it though.

You just made me realize that I already have the ingredients to create it again, but I believe I will wait for University to do it.
    We should have more careers with University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    We should have more careers with University.

I hope so... We are in need of a wide variety of careers!
    Thanks @GalacticGal ! Sounds like you will need to dive into local sim politics :)

About new careers, which careers are you guys missing? I want Education career, which would fit perfectly with Uni EP (that I don't want, haha), and I miss the old Law Enforcement (without having to work as a Detective). But can't really come up with anything else. Maybe the Slacker from TS2 would be good to have back... could even benefit a community if including throwing charity events etc.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Nice! I will have to look into this :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I want the Singer career back, like yesterday.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I want the Singer career back, like yesterday.

I already have a sim with a singing career :) She gives concerts and sold a few albums, but it includes lots of imagination. Might be a job for my Councillor in charge of culture & entertainment to pin down some beneficial jobs for the singing sims :)
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    @Simmerville Awesome video, I love the way you organise your game. My playing style is too unstructured to try something similar, but then again that's how I like it. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hmm, I never thought to fully develop a sense of politics in my saves before; I know I do have something developing in my primary save, but I never thought to expand upon it until I saw your awesim video!

From what I've gathered, I know there is at least a SimNation and a President that leads it:

SimNation: President Tencho Kurosaki (current, but is retiring soon)
    Willow Creek (& Magnolia Promenade): Mayor Eric Lewis (closest; business tycoon in-game)
    Oasis Springs: Mayor Donn Rump (closest; in the Boss branch of the criminal career, meaning OS is influenced by the mob)
    Newcrest: vacant, like NC was originally (I can make the convenient excuse that their govt is still forming but a townie who lives there could come closest to being a leader; Tetsu Tanaka who is climbing up the Doctor career; either that or is controlled by big banks and real estate companies)
    San Myshuno: Mayor Alicia Richmond (closest; she's rich and lives in Uptown and her only real job is being an internet personality, though imo has no real power in that the city is essentially controlled by criminal syndicates and vampire covens anyway)
    Brindleton Bay: Mayor Supriya Delgato (formerly Mayor Whiskers; closest in that her family is the most influential in town and owns the only vet clinic in town too, but is dying soon and maybe replaced by a few other potential candidates living there)

Europe: various EU and non-EU national leaders (mainly influenced by rival vampire covens, with Lady Lorien Legrange as uncontested vampire queen of Europe)
    Windenburg (in EU member-state): Mayor Luna Villareal (she's a Villareal, richest and most influential family in town and sole living heir; minor influence by the mob, some vampire covens, other rich families, and old nobility)
    Forgotten Hollow (in non-EU member-state): Count Vladislaus Straud (naturally; minor influence from other vampire covens)

Selvadorada: ???
    Sixam: ??? (possible alien royalty)

The rest of the world is essentially unknown, although the world itself is "spiritually" governed by the 14 Divines, which are essentially gods.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Thanks for watching and commenting on my video, @paradiseplanet ! And, WOW to your research and insight!

I have two base rules for my game, no connections to the real world, and time is passing so original sims most likely stepped aside some time ago. But i didn't really know about most of these mayors etc, I think I read about the Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay's story is too special to be ignored, and still colors the culture in my version of the world.

I never completed the Politician career, or the Criminal career - do they give away some political info? I love reading the object descriptions to learn the worlds' history, but missed a lot of them. Paintings and statues normally gives away some fragments of the past.

Anyway, I don't refer to my District representatives as Mayors, but that could of course be an option. And probably much easier for reference, too. The Council for the Region 12 is the essence in my system, maybe I did it that way just to differ a bit from anything established.

Could we hope for an EP focusing on the community structure? H, not really a big wish, but could have been fun, and could easily also include a variety of related community aspects and new careers :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited August 2018
    I always like to think that high-ranking criminals, along with vampire nobles and anyone working at some form of federal govt level (including secret agents/villains, doctors who are chiefs of staff, high-ranking scientists, and police chiefs) have some sort of government authority in my game. Those involved in criminal branches, especially the Boss branch, I would pair in the same group as high-powered corporate execs as well. Historically, criminal organisations have always attained power/influence over major metropolitan areas, like San Myshuno. Alicia Richmond in this case is a 'leader' with no real power. I just call them Mayors for convenience; I could call them Governors, but I think it's too far-reaching for my viewpoint on the Sim world.

I can get pretty nerdy with this, I know.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    I love the way you think. I'm easilly carried away, too. Guess it's what makes these games so great, we can make up the bigger community structures and rules ourselves :)
  • KingToakerKingToaker Posts: 19 Member
    I love this! I'll definitely have to try something similar, thanks for the inspiration!
    dalopuad36d.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited August 2018
    I've never done anything like this before, looks cool! I have a save with two royal families.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    A political system is a good idea.

Now that I have city living I am going to put Mortimer Goth in the political career. Then when I get vampires I am going to move his family to forgotten hollow, but plan to keep them human.

I do have one criminal that has worked himself to the top, he lives in Newcrest, and has a gang of criminals ( club) called La Similia where they hangs out at the solar flair lounge playing cards and drinking, and getting into mischief.

The Langeabbs own Some stores in magnolia prominade, and some elsewhere. They have just moved into a Penthouse in City living so they can more easily care for their apartments in City living ( I cheat heavily with them). I just got vintage glamour stuff, and besides having a live in maid and someone who can fish, ( the maid and fishing lady run and stock their stores because they have high levels in the things I need for stocking food and fish in stores....lol). they now have a butler

I love that my doctor delivers all the babies, I think that is so cute. I wish they would make more packs like Get to Work. I enjoyed raising my 3 sims in their prospective active careers, I am not sure City living careers will be as fun.
  • KateEmeraldKateEmerald Posts: 240 Member
    What a unique and cool idea, I have never saw anything like this before!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Interesting idea, but I personally prefer a monarchy. Democracy, at least in many (most/all?) western nations has degraded into mob rule and plundering the public till for the benefit of a selected few. I've got an implied one in my TS2 games where 1 of my sims is queen of all the simlands on the computer, with each world/village having a chieftess reporting to her.