Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

hey bugsie.

Hey. I've been here..just lurking. :lol:
  • Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hey everyone.

Hello @Bugsie2016! How are you?
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

hey bugsie.

aren't you supposed to be sleeping?
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

hey bugsie.

I was just thinking about that actually. Probably.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

whats retrograde? i failed science.

It's when, from the perspective of the earth, a planet appears to be moving backwards, in "retrograde." It isn't really, but the way the elipses line up, it appears to be. In astrology, the energies aligned with Mercury connect to transportation/movement, communications, and electronics. So, during Mercury retrograde, when this energy seems to flow a bit backward or be hindered, that's when it's likely to have missed flights, cars that don't start, miscommunications, and computer glitches. It seems like it could be fanciful, right? But there are so many accounts and even data that supports this.

In my own experience of watching Mercury retrogrades for a few decades, I nearly always notice it through weird computer stuff that happens then.

thank you for not making me look it up.lol

ok i teased you a little but i also read one post. i'll read more because i want to see if i'm right. :)

Did you only read one? There are two posted! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

hey bugsie.

i had a sims3 friend who stayed up to late once and she smacked her face against her keyboard. never happened to me but it sounds painful.
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

hey bugsie.

i had a sims3 friend who stayed up to late once and she smacked her face against her keyboard. never happened to me but it sounds painful.

I'm just finishing watching Youtube...then sleep
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

hey bugsie.

Ouch! That had to hurt. I've stayed up late and ended up falling asleep while typing something on my phone, and woke up a minute later to discover I'm typing random nonsense in my sleep. Happens all the time actually. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options

It's when, from the perspective of the earth, a planet appears to be moving backwards, in "retrograde." It isn't really, but the way the elipses line up, it appears to be. In astrology, the energies aligned with Mercury connect to transportation/movement, communications, and electronics. So, during Mercury retrograde, when this energy seems to flow a bit backward or be hindered, that's when it's likely to have missed flights, cars that don't start, miscommunications, and computer glitches. It seems like it could be fanciful, right? But there are so many accounts and even data that supports this.

In my own experience of watching Mercury retrogrades for a few decades, I nearly always notice it through weird computer stuff that happens then.

thank you for not making me look it up.lol

ok i teased you a little but i also read one post. i'll read more because i want to see if i'm right. :)

Did you only read one? There are two posted! :)

i was probably typing. remember i say the one thing i hate about weekends is when i get back no ones here? i'll go look now.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited August 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @simscognito @CathyTea if I said "Ariel Day" or "Pochantas Day" what do you think that means? (and remember my fake relgion Anneorines- Ariel goddess of the sea/summer and Pochantas is the goddess of the harvest/Autumn)

I guess that Ariel Day would be summer solstice and Pocahantas Day would be Autumn Equinox?

@CathyTea well not summer the other part of Ariel goddess' "job" (ie a pool day). What does Canadians have in October which Americans have in Nov-both which eat "gobble, gobble" on this day.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @simscognito @CathyTea if I said "Ariel Day" or "Pochantas Day" what do you think that means? (and remember my fake relgion Anneorines- Ariel goddess of the sea/summer and Pochantas is the goddess of the harvest/Autumn)

I guess that Ariel Day would be summer solstice and Pocahantas Day would be Autumn Equinox?

@CathyTea well not summer the other part of Ariel goddess' "job" (ie a pool day). What does Canadians have in October which Americans have in Nov-both which eat "gobble, gobble" on this day.

Thanksgiving...what's the connection with Ariel and Thanksgiving? Is it a summer holiday in your religion? Or a sea holiday?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Thanksgiving...what's the connection with Ariel and Thanksgiving? Is it a summer holiday in your religion? Or a sea holiday?

Oh... wait. You're saying Ariel Day is Pool Day and Pocahontas Day is Thanksgiving. That makes sense!

• Options

your awesome. anytime my science teachers talked about things i got bored fast. i found this one.
  • Options

Oh... wait. You're saying Ariel Day is Pool Day and Pocahontas Day is Thanksgiving. That makes sense!

@CathyTea yeah Ariel Day is basically a "Water Fun" day when during the summer the sims have a heatwave. Pochantas is Thanksgiving (and because I'm Canadian I put it in fall which is techinal harvest time). I originally called "Love Day" Couples day" but I put it to "Love Day" since Love doesn't mean just a "other" but family as well even though most of the traditions are romance related.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    I said this earlier, I know, but I think it got swallowed up in between the other posts. :) I left something in my thread for anyone caught up with BL. :)
  • Options
    I said this earlier, I know, but I think it got swallowed up in between the other posts. :) I left something in my thread for anyone caught up with BL. :)

Oh! I'm caught up, so I'd better head over there!

• Options
    I'm headed off to bed now. Goodnight everyone, it was nice meeting all of you! I can't wait to work on my next Simlit chapter, expect it soon! :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    @CathyTea I have in this head for a "Cinderella Day" is fasting (because supposedly Cinderella doesn't get a lot to eat), baking, Cleaning and BQQing and after 6 hours they can have a grand meal.

I wish we could use the skill tradition ourselves
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Oh! I'm caught up, so I'd better head over there!

Enjoy. :)
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Looks like this joint has really been jumping today. I hope you all are doing well. :)

here's the reworked part 2 of the prologue of Lenora's Bachelorette Challenge for anyone interested.

teen-lenora-2-medium.jpg?w=768

Prologue, part 2, A Locked Room is a Mighty Weapon
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Looks like this joint has really been jumping today. I hope you all are doing well. :)

here's the reworked part 2 of the prologue of Lenora's Bachelorette Challenge for anyone interested.

teen-lenora-2-medium.jpg?w=768

Prologue, part 2, A Locked Room is a Mighty Weapon

even though i got updates my happy moment was starting cathteas story before she finished it. its hard to do. lol
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @CathyTea I have in this head for a "Cinderella Day" is fasting (because supposedly Cinderella doesn't get a lot to eat), baking, Cleaning and BQQing and after 6 hours they can have a grand meal.

I wish we could use the skill tradition ourselves

You can... kind of. That is if you don't mind mods. Here is a mod that makes the hidden holidays selectable! Lottery every week, yes please! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    i spent tonight reviving ghosts it was cool i din't know mc had that.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

Omg. That makes way to much sense.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top