Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to delete a disscussion

I have an old discussion that didn't get any comments or anything and I want to delete but I don't know how! Can someone help :(
hope you all are smiling x

Comments

• lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    You can't delete a thread, but there's a option to close it.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    You can't delete discussions, but you can ask e.g. EA_Mage to do it.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Or you can just report your own thread and explain in the report box why you want it close. Reporting your own thread won't get you in any trouble... :)
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    You can go into your thread and edit it to delete what you wrote. Then edit the title and rename it “Closed”.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    Or you can simply allow it to drift ever further into the nether world of Necromancy.

Personally I don't know why forum administrators in general do not go back to threads and posts which have been dormant an appreciable amount of time and simply delete the lot of them as a matter of course. Everything adds up, even seemingly small things such as forum threads and posts but considering the volume of ancient and irrelevant material, they would reclaim server space for use by the active portion of the forum.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Park wrote: »
    Or you can simply allow it to drift ever further into the nether world of Necromancy.

Personally I don't know why forum administrators in general do not go back to threads and posts which have been dormant an appreciable amount of time and simply delete the lot of them as a matter of course. Everything adds up, even seemingly small things such as forum threads and posts but considering the volume of ancient and irrelevant material, they would reclaim server space for use by the active portion of the forum.

Because some of those threads may contain helpful info in. So deleting some of these older threads would be a bad idea if someone is looking for a solution to an issue that they had especially for newer members since they can't start their own thread to ask for help with their issues.