The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mysterious lot you can't travel to...

Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
When you want to set a specific location as a club hangout, there's usually a list of all the worlds you can click on to see the available lots.
However, what I noticed for some time now is a blanc field in the list of worlds, which doesn't have any name:

9337038169eb20c290c39e0e9225b1efec1900548e5face053f4ec343cb6a3e6a75fcfab.jpg

When clicking on this blanc space, there was only one generic lot available which looks like this:

7005696547e9d351fda3f2ed8e34d076fc90a79d4045a95388028ce6f62b69c9c5e17d69.jpg

I swear, I've never seen this lot before and don't have a similar one placed in any of the worlds. For testing, I set the club hangout as this lot and tried to start a gathering there, but the loading screen only lasted for 2 seconds and I was thrown back to the world map. When I tried to switch back to the other household members, my game crashed during the loading screen.

I don't know if anyone else has already started a thread about this lot, but I didn't find any. I personally find this pretty weird because it seems like there was accidentally something patched in we weren't supposed to see yet. Speaking pretty optimistically, I would guess it's a new world that's going to be added in a future pack with parts of it accidentally patched in.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
Post edited by Huiiie_07 on

Comments

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Wow that really looks like they put in some coding for a new world :o
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    it's just a bug
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    I have also seen it while planning a wedding.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    You caught my attention.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    it's just a bug

Cute house, though.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited August 2018
    I tested this out. I loaded up a test save and did this:

What did I do?
    1) I had my sim met at least 2 other sims. (Every social event requires at least 2 guests)
    2) I had my sims propose and get engaged. (So I can plan the wedding)
    3) I planned a wedding event there. (To see what happens)

What happened?
    It went to the loading screen. After the loading screen, I was in the world selection map. In there, I thought that now I'm going to get taken back to there. Instead, when I loaded up a household that didn't even take part of this event, the game crashed.

Conclusion!
    This is not a secret lot. This is a bug. This lot isn't supposed to exist in the game.
    Send your sims there and the game will crash after some loading screens. I didn't even dare to save, but I think it would corrupt the save.

Edit. Oh. The op has tested that out, too. This no-world no-name house needs to be reported in EAHelp before anything serious happens to some unsuspecting player.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Maybe it's for future use like for "University". Like in Sims 2 University they had the "Secret Society" lot
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I never had this bug in my old, long played save, but it appeared after I started a new game. Generic lots just haven't been working right for some time.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    How can a bug even cause the picture of a completely new lot to appear in the lot selection for social events lol.

I like to build stuff
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    edited August 2018
    But what existing lot is that?? *insert thinking emoji*
    It kinda reminds of that hermit house from Outdoor Retreat but I'm not so sure cuz I've only been there once. Does anyone know?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    But what existing lot is that?? *insert thinking emoji*
    It kinda reminds of that hermit house from Outdoor Retreat but I'm not so sure cuz I've only been there once. Does anyone know?

Doesn't really look like the hermit house if you ask me:
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Screenshot_311.png

secret-hermits-mountainside-retreat-house.jpg

The first house has notable stairs and a foundation. The color is also different. The hermit house doesn't have a foundation and is actually just a small hut.

I like to build stuff
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @Huiiie_07

That's awesome! :sunglasses: Well, not the part where your game crashed - that part is horrible! :-1: But the unnamed world and strange lot part is! It's kinda like a mystery that EA accidentally gave out - (wondering how long until they catch on and delete it). Is it a frat house for a future University EP? Is it full of University posters and goodies and (since University isn't installed), causes game crashes? We won't know (who done it :wink: ), until EA give out more clues, or releases University.

Bummer about it wrecking your game though.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    @Huiiie_07

That's awesome! :sunglasses: Well, not the part where your game crashed - that part is horrible! :-1: But the unnamed world and strange lot part is! It's kinda like a mystery that EA accidentally gave out - (wondering how long until they catch on and delete it). Is it a frat house for a future University EP? Is it full of University posters and goodies and (since University isn't installed), causes game crashes? We won't know (who done it :wink: ), until EA give out more clues, or releases University.

It wasn't really "wrecking" my game, it just crashed when I wanted to load the home lot again, but I fixed it by simply restarting the game. I'm pretty sure that the next ep is going to be University, just because the demand within the community is so high and the other popular packs (pets and seasons) are already out.

I still wouldn't believe it's a bug because I don't get how a bug could cause a random lot appear in the selection, a lot that isn't even in the game. I would definitely say it's a lot from a future pack with its thumbnail being accidentally patched in, but maybe that's because I'm just always really optimistic :)

I like to build stuff
    @Huiiie_07

It wasn't really "wrecking" my game, it just crashed when I wanted to load the home lot again, but I fixed it by simply restarting the game. I'm pretty sure that the next ep is going to be University, just because the demand within the community is so high and the other popular packs (pets and seasons) are already out.

I still wouldn't believe it's a bug because I don't get how a bug could cause a random lot appear in the selection, a lot that isn't even in the game. I would definitely say it's a lot from a future pack with its thumbnail being accidentally patched in, but maybe that's because I'm just always really optimistic :)

Well, I mean, it could be some glitch that we are not supposed to see. Could be a coding thing they were testing out and forgot to remove before releasing the patch.
    832XG3D.gif
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I just checked and I don’t get that option when I try to select a hangout location for a new club, but I would like to think that it occurred in your game because we are getting a new world :)
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    The house seems to only use base game items. I don't want to put my hopes too high but I would never say no to another free world :p
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If it's a bug, I'm tagging @SimGuruNick on this to look into when he gets back to the office on Monday.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,956 Member
    I've noticed it too, when planning an event it comes up in the list of locations. I've never tried to send Sims there.
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Can someone share a screenshot? I don't see a blank field when selecting a club hangout location. Is this possibly mod-related? Thanks!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Can someone share a screenshot? I don't see a blank field when selecting a club hangout location. Is this possibly mod-related? Thanks!

There are 2 in the OP?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

There are 2 in the OP?

They no longer show up anymore.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Thus, the mystery shall never be solved. :D
    832XG3D.gif

There are 2 in the OP?

Huh? They show up for me just fine.

I like to build stuff
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member

There are 2 in the OP?

There's something wrong with that picture uploading site. I saw the pics at first, but now they're gone. I've seen it in other threads too, pictures disappear.

There are 2 in the OP?

There's something wrong with that picture uploading site. I saw the pics at first, but now they're gone. I've seen it in other threads too, pictures disappear.

I uploaded them to another site now and updated my op, they should show up now.

I like to build stuff