Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alternatives when installing content from the Store

Hello,

As some of you know I am reinstalling TS3 after a very long time; and what was my surprise when I logged into the Store and found out I had some items I didn't even know about. But I remember experiencing many issues with the launcher back in the day, and it not being the best way to install CC.

Therefore, I ask for your advice or experiences about this, and also about installing Store worlds.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited August 2018
    Custom content refers to third-party content (not produced by EA), and there are certainly risks involved. Store content is completely safe and mostly works as intended, although there will of course be the occasional, usually solveable, glitch. Store content is bundled together in .ebc files in DCCache inside your game folder; third-party cc is in .dbc files.

Store content must be installed through the launcher, and the launcher is a delicate high-strung creature that often chooses not to cooperate. It's best not to try to download or install more than five or six items at a time, and then download the next batch when the previous one is complete. Each world should be installed by itself, not in a batch with anything else. If you have a lot of store content, you might find ciane's guide to installing store content useful:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866577/how-to-install-store-items/p1

A lot of custom content can be converted from sims3pack to package form, which will make it easier to install and uninstall—packages live in your mods folder as separate files and can be removed one at a time, if necessary. (This saves you the trouble of sorting through all of your .dbc files when you only want to remove one item.) If you're interested, here's an excellent tutorial on the subject:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/tutorial-sims3packs-to-packages.html
  • Options
    TayraTayra Posts: 76 Member
    The store does allow for custom worlds, custom sims, custom create a sim styles, and while I haven't fund any on the site custom stories.
    unknown.png?width=841&height=473
    Happy simming, and a Happy Snowflake Day.