Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Feedback Thread - For All Games!

12345679...Next

Comments

• elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    I've been thinking of changing to blogger, Then, just realized that I'm definitely going to lose readers since most of my readers come from Wordpress readers. I guess I'm still new to this, so I could probably still gain a lot more readers as time comes. I don't even know if this is the right place to ask feedback because it's not really about my story.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @elifdapeton: if you want some feedback, a change to a less popular format is a good incentive to maximize your forum presence. While plenty of readers are WordPress exclusive and it's gonna be sad to lose that audience, there are a lot of us here too.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    edited November 2017
    thanks for the advice. I guess I need to start posting more in this forum. I'm definitely thinking about being more active in the forum, I just don't know what to do once I'm here. Usually I just go to writer's lounge and read the discussion but I don't know what to say.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I've been thinking of changing to blogger, Then, just realized that I'm definitely going to lose readers since most of my readers come from Wordpress readers. I guess I'm still new to this, so I could probably still gain a lot more readers as time comes. I don't even know if this is the right place to ask feedback because it's not really about my story.

Hey Elif, I know I'm late on this but just wanted to point out that you can add any blog to your Wordpress reader list by copying the link over into the reader follow list. If you do end up making the change, maybe make your readers aware of that so they can keep following via Wordpress?

Just out of curiosity, any particular reason you want to change? I've only ever used Wordpress so I don't know the capabilities of other sites.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hi everyone! I've just wrapped up the first season of my Pine Point series and would love some feedback on it. Of course I know it's a lot to read so all I'm asking for here is some analysis on the first chapter. I'm open to all critique and advice.

Specifically I'm curious to know what readers might expect from this first chapter, what makes it interesting, and what falls flat?

If you're interested in reading further, or have read it, I have a post for more in depth review of the season. The first season ended up being 34 chapters and (estimated) under 30,000 words.

Thank you for your time!!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited August 2018
    I came to check out the thread just now…

it's INCREDIBLE

Hold up. Anybody here?
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    For_Eorzea wrote: »
    I came to check out the thread just now…

it's INCREDIBLE

Hold up. Anybody here?

Hi, you! Eorz! I am here!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    *waves to everyone*

I too am checking out the thread, but came for some feedback as well. I posted the newest chapter of my story last night. The chapter ended with a cliffhanger, and I'm trying to figure out a good way to continue since I have a bunch of material I want to weave into the story. Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated, and I'm willing to deviate again from the original plan in my head, since I've already deviated anyway lol. Thanks everyone :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited December 2019
    This seems like an inactive thread, but I would really like some feedback so if there is anyone still here: Hello! I just started my simlit journey and would appreciate any kind of feedback. I'll try to be specific as to what feedback I'm looking for, but really if you want to provide suggestions from any other angle. It would probably all apply.

Story: Between Two Worlds
    Here is the prologue
    Here is chapter 1.1 (WARNING: contains bullying)

I supplied two options because the theme can be upsetting and hopefully you'll find one easier to read than the other.

1. I noticed I shift from narration to unfolding the story to character's thoughts/monologue. Is the transition easy for you to follow? It happens with my pictures too. The pictures go from the present to flashbacks but I don't specifically guide the reader on that.

2. The story Im really going for at this point, is a light-hearted story. Maybe not possible with some of the themes, but I do not want to send my readers spiraling down a blackhole. Im trying to strike the right balance between realism and fantasy, so Im not going for a story that is too raw or dark. What are your impressions after CH1? (or more if you went through the rest) Is it too off putting at this point?

If you want to provide feedback from a different pov. Please do so!

Also to @NyteRose, sorry if this isn't too helpful. I found your story very well-written. The descriptions are clear and elaborate; I can picture the moments as they unfold, and even though I merely clicked on the chapter and do not know the backstory, I find myself emotionally invested in the heroine (Jasmine's) plight. There was quite a lot going on at this point of your story as it seems to be a climatic moment so I was lost, but I'm pretty sure I just needed to read the previous chapters. I'm planning to read the rest after this to find out what happens to jasmine. :)

Post edited by mercuryfoam on
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @mercuryfoam I've moved way past that chapter but thanks :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow